PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Thank you project 2. MasterXtreme 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank you project 2. MasterXtreme  (Read 803 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2023-05-23 10:45:44 »

I honestly am not sure where to post what I am doing, but if there is a different location that works better I will move this thank you project in a different location =)

Last year and this year, I have wanted to take time to say thank you with more than just words. I have been unable to create much of anything...writers block is awful...but I want to do more in the ways I can.

I made a big sneeze related birthday contest on Deviantart that is still open where the prize winners are 200 dollars, 100 dollars, 75 dollars, and 25 dollars, but I sitll want to do more than a contest. The rules of the contest are simple. The biggest rule is the same as any of my past contests: create a sneeze XD

there's a few different choices to pick from. Create a sneeze with any OC from anyone, create a sneeze-while-hiding situation, or if a person wanted to listen to me I have a birthday wishlist of characters I like that I wish would sneeze.

I do not just want to do a contest. I want to highlight as many people as I can and share things about each person that I highlight. Originally, I wanted to do a top ten list of my favorite topics/creations each person did...but some people haven't done 10 topics.

So instead I'm going to share what I can. Some people I will do a top ten list, some people I'll do a top 3 list. Some people I'll pick a different number.

Ok. I don't want to just talk. It will be easier to show instead of tell.

One of the most supportive people I can think of off the top of my head is MasterXtreme. There's a huge reason why I think this way, and it's going to be shared in my top ten list XD but I will say this right now. Master, your friendly attitude has made me smile more times than I can count. I enjoy what you draw a lot, but you yourself are more important. Thank you for taking time to be here on PSF =)

10-Halloween 2018
https://psfforum.com/index.php?topic=1959.msg207720#msg207720
This is short to explain. I think it was really cool that you not only remembered the past halloween topics, but you took time to do this and continued the Halloween topic. It's a quick, fun way to get interaction in a different way here on the site =)

9-Sneeze Card Game
https://psfforum.com/index.php?topic=1536.msg152287#msg152287
This topic/idea is fun to even think about, and I was surprised seeing this topic when it first was made. I feel old...I can't believe it's been over 5 years since this topic XD

8-Christmas 2017
https://psfforum.com/index.php?topic=1313.msg122998#msg122998
I am a sucker for holiday topics. Again, it's a different but nice way to get interaction here on the site. A lot of people have plans for Christmas but don't have a place to talk about those plans. This topic was a place to talk =)

7-Discussion topics
https://psfforum.com/index.php?topic=4409.msg624294#msg624294
Lackadaisy is the specific link here, but why I picked this in my top ten is the main overall concept. There's amazing things that you have posted about over the years and it is fun to talk about what you have shared in different topics =)

6- Derpy
https://www.deviantart.com/masterxtreme/art/Derpin-Derpy-Sneeze-419415871
There's a LOT of artwork that I can pick from. It honestly is hard to pick a few that are my personal favorite artworks. This artwork and a few different artists did something surprising to me...I didn't care AT ALL about this character for a long time. This artwork and other artworks made me appreciate this side character more and more over time, to the point that any time she appeared in an episode I liked seeing her.

The details with the open mouth, nostrils, and the unusual close up view make it seem like Derpy was in the middle of trying to do something and leaned forward with an unexpected sudden sneeze XD I love how even when she sneezes with her eyes closed, there is still a cute uneven look to her face. One nostril looks higher than the other, or maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me...just like when I look at her open eyes in the show my eyes play tricks on me XD

5-Velma
https://www.deviantart.com/masterxtreme/art/Velma-Dinkley-Sneeze-787384908
Out of your entire artworks you have made, this one stunned me the most. Not just the human details, but it is the character herself that stood out to me. I honestly never expected Velma in your own art. The thick glasses, the freckles, her hair, the shading and lines of her outfit, the overall sneeze expression you gave her, Velma with your art made me smile even with my shock =) I was and still today am happy you drew someone like Velma with your art style.

4-Can you love someone based on...
https://psfforum.com/index.php?topic=494.msg23303#msg23303
This is a big reason why off the top of my head Master is so supportive. Not having a sneeze fetish and still wanting to interact and be active in multiple ways here on PSF, when I first read this topic this got me to think harder about this question and other related questions. I honestly still have no clear idea of what I think about my sneeze fetish or relationships in general XD but I liked that this question was asked and talked about =)

3-Button's Mom
https://www.deviantart.com/masterxtreme/art/Button-s-Mom-Sneezes-418100234
Unlike Derpy, I still do not care much at all about this MLP character. Why this is so high up on my favorites list is the details of what you made.

Seeing multiple face expressions side by side is amazing to me because I am able to clearly see the differences and smaller details artists draw with faces. The eyes, the nostril differences, the eyebrows, the different open mouths, I think you did great with both drawings here! Seeing them together in the same post is amazing to me =) One other detail that I think is overlooked with your art is the way you write.

The letters here are clear, easy to see, and do great at making my mind 'hear' what the art is showing. This character is not just doing one sneeze. She is sniffing, she has differences in how her hitching breaths sound like, and her sneeze itself has a different sound and force compared to other artworks you made. I think that is really fun to see these differences and the letters you write with your art =)

2-Princess Ember
https://www.deviantart.com/masterxtreme/art/Princess-Ember-Sneezes-611505460
This is my own personal bias. Dragon girls are incredible to me. In anime, movies, and in MLP. Ember did not shock me as much as Velma did, but I will not lie, I was surprised seeing Ember with your art. Her design is very unique compared to the pony designs. both of her hands, the legs, her tail, the wing, even the smaller details like the markings on her face and along her entire body and tail. Ember's design stands out to me in awesome ways with your art =)

Her sneeze itself has a very powerful force to it with the air in front of her and the letters you wrote. I think the details with her sneeze expression look great for Ember!

1-Sneeze Tease Not a Dream
https://www.deviantart.com/masterxtreme/art/Sneeze-Tease-Series-This-Is-Not-A-Dream-453240810

This honestly surprised me. There is honestly not a ton happening here. The idea is very simple. There is no multiple face expressions to compare with others...but this artwork has stuck with me for literally years. I can't believe it's been since 2014 since this artwork was made. I remember seeing this for the first time. Today is not going to be the last time I will see this artwork.

What works really well with this art is how the focus is on the tickle words, the nose, and Celestia herself. I love that her wings are reacting even when she isn't awake. I love how the word tickle and sniffle are seen together with the feather. I really, really love how the hitching breath letters have a different color to show the rise of urgency.

The feather itself has a unique look to it. The lines for both the tip and all along the inside and outer part of the feather look like something that could be ticklish without having a basic curve line that most feathers have.

The background does not have as much clear focus, but it is VERY easy to see the details of the reason why Celestia is about to sneeze. The magic effect is not just on the feather. The background detail reveals who it is that is causing the tickle. And that face expression while this character is causing the situation is a fun, cool detail I was not expecting to see.

The Great and Powerful Trixie better not be in sight when Celestia wakes up because of this sneeze XD

MasterXtreme, thank you. Thank you so much for the artwork, conversations, and friendly attitude over the time you have been here on PSF. I hope that you enjoy what you want to draw or talk about in the future =)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-05-23 12:57:51 »

[uwu]  Well, wow. This was unexpected!  Thank you so much! It isn't often someone is told how much they are appreciated for how they've been. You even went above and beyond and shared a top ten!  Thank you so much.  It's kind of weird being on the receiving end and seeing what stood out to you.

I don't really know what else to say, but thank you. This was very kind.   ^b-
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-05-23 13:15:48 »

Oh this is wonderful! :D

<33
« Last Edit: 2023-05-23 13:16:03 by Smiles2us » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-05-23 23:55:23 »

This is heartfelt and very nice. :) Fantastic.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-05-24 00:31:41 »

I know MasterX is who inspired me to draw.  He's a pretty incredible dude.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-05-24 12:44:05 »

MasterX was really the start of the entire PSF art community.  At least in terms of having a homegrown artist.  From him, others spawned like APD, Rainy, Silverwing, Ponysneeze, PonyProPal,and others. 
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2023-05-24 12:52:42 »

I know MASTERXTREME was among the first pony sneeze art I found.  When I first found their Deviant Art, I spent hours looking through all their content.  Imagine my surprise when I eventually learned they didn't even have a sneeze fetish, lol! Love them and their art.  So integral to the community.  It probably wouldn't be here in the capacity it is without him starting his art journey.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2023-05-24 13:09:00 »

By far, MasterX encouraged me to come out and do more art, ever since his stuff was shown at MLPchan/PonyChan.  Then at PSF 1.0 it only accelerated.  Very happy to see him get some recognition for all he did for the community.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2023-05-25 00:54:34 »

An icon in the PSF art world and a major part of PSF culture.  The very artist who inspired me to write my stories.  I don't think there is a single pony sneeze artist who wasn't inspired by what MasterX did.  Heck, many writers as well. Ponysneeze wrote stuff based on his work.  I wrote stuff based on his work.  All of them did. 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2023-05-25 01:03:09 »

And now you all are piling on the compliments.  Thank you so much for your kindness and big memories everyone.  It really does mean a lot.  It's crazy to think you had made an impact on so many people's lives.  Thank you so much!  You are a wonderful community.  You truly don't experience this anywhere else online.
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2023-05-25 16:54:33 »

@MasterXtreme You are very welcome! Some days I feel like anything I write is awkward and strange with a comment, but in all seriousness, I am glad to have met you.

I am really happy that the community here cares for each other. No website is perfect, and PSF isn't perfect either XD but I am happy to be here =)
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2023-05-26 12:22:40 »

MasterX was the original source of my inspirations.  Man's a legend.  Come to find out he doesn't even have a sneeze kink blew my mind.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2023-05-30 13:05:24 »

An inspiration to artists and writers for sure!  He was a major draw for new members early on in PSF history too.  Where MasterX went, people followed.  So when he decided to join the upstart PSF, it was huge.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-30 13:06:01 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Thank you project 2. MasterXtreme « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024