PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Covid-19 / Coronavirus Topic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 / Coronavirus Topic  (Read 13057 times)
megacycle

Email
« Reply #45 on: 2020-03-24 11:28:22 »

I just want both parties to put the politics behind them and actually think about the people here and now, not how can I leverage this to my advantage. Think about the here and now, no sneaking in bits of legislation not related to the current crisis. Stop acting like children.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2020-03-24 12:23:00 »

There shouldn't be any partisan politics right now when trying to solve this crisis.

I just want both parties to put the politics behind them and actually think about the people here and now, not how can I leverage this to my advantage. Think about the here and now, no sneaking in bits of legislation not related to the current crisis. Stop acting like children.

Exactly.  Yes. I want our leaders to be successful in helping America.  Doesn't matter who it is, we need to unite behind them so this virus can be squashed.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-24 12:23:47 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: 2020-03-25 00:20:57 »

Congressional leaders, White House agree on coronavirus $2 trillion rescue plan.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: 2020-03-28 14:42:04 »

I'm wondering when this big fed check will be in my account. 
« Last Edit: 2020-03-28 14:42:19 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2020-03-29 20:43:09 »

The President extended the Coronavirus guidelines till April 30th.  Originally it was two weeks, but we all knew that was too optimistic.  So I guess people will be hunkered down at least another month or so.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #50 on: 2020-03-29 22:23:20 »

Figured as much it would be extended

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2020-03-29 22:33:40 »

That was expected.  But lets hope this will all work out in the end.  It's too early to say, but there is some good correlations in the data that shows some areas may have it under control to some degree.  We can only hope.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: 2020-03-30 14:14:43 »

As a quick update to everyone.  The United States has done more Coronavirus tests than any other country in the world at this point, nearing one million tests. Our numbers have skyrocketed, but don't forget this is part of flattening the curve.  We are seeing who has the virus and isolating and taking care of those people.  Numbers will continue to increase as we continue to test more people, just like South Korea did.

It's hard to compare us to other countries who aren't sharing their full numbers and details like China.  They certainly had more then their 80,000 and probably still do as satellite imagery and insiders are reporting.  But their governments only share what they want us to hear.

I hope people can stay calm during this scary time.  But now for some good news.  US companies are working overtime to make materials that we need in this country.  Apple, General Motors, Chrysler, Ford, etc.  The are all producing products we need.  Private citizens are coming together and working on materials.  As of today the CDC is giving the go-ahead to administer anti-Malaria drugs to patients as the President had initially said.  The CDC says it's working well.  Numerous drug companies have vaccines being tested.  Some big insurance companies are waiving bills.  Landlords are waving rent payments and so much more.  Two hospital ships have arrived to their locations to help cities.  Encouragingly, the area first hit by Coronavirus, Washington State, has seen cases flat line and decline.  Let's hope that trend continues.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: 2020-03-31 12:49:07 »

This is very alarming...  Video attached at bottom of link.

World Health Organization official appears to dodge reporter’s questions about Taiwan in viral video.

A top official with the World Health Organization appeared to feign connection issues when a reporter asked about Taiwan and implied it was not a part of China.

A reporter with Radio Television Hong Kong was interviewing senior WHO adviser Bruce Aylward, a Canadian doctor. Aylward seemed to redirect and divert questions about Taiwan during the interview that went viral on social media.

China claims sovereignty over the island, although Taiwan has its own government and refers to itself as the Republic of China. Taiwan is not a member state of the WHO, which is what prompted the reporter to ask if the organization would “reconsider Taiwan’s membership” in light of the coronavirus pandemic.

Aylward stares into the camera and doesn’t answer the question before saying, “I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear your question,” he eventually said.

“OK, let me repeat the question,” the reporter responds before Aylward immediately replies, “No, that’s OK. Let’s move to another one, then.”

The reporter continues to press and said she is “curious” about “Taiwan’s case.”

Aylward then appears to glance down at his keypad before the video feed suddenly shuts down. The reporter decides to call him back and address the issue once more.

“I just want to see if you can comment a bit on how Taiwan has done so far in terms of containing the virus,” she asks.

“Well, we’ve already talked about China,” Aylward responds. “And you know, when you look across all the different areas of China, they’ve actually all done quite a good job. So, with that, I’d like to thank you very much for inviting us to participate, and good luck as you go forward with the battle in Hong Kong.”

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: 2020-04-03 15:39:58 »

^ Alarming indeed. WHO thought 60-70% funded by the US, is seriously being controlled by Chinese pressure in many ways...

Checks coming soon in the mail for all US citizens.  Within weeks, no months.

CDC says to now wear masks when outside.  Not mandatory.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2020-04-10 11:44:28 »

As we enter this Good Friday, the Friday before Easter, we have many things to be thankful for and positive about in the coming weeks.  It seems social distancing has worked to a degree as the curve has been flattened in west coast states like Washington, Oregon, California, and we are seeing signs it is flattening in the whole country as a whole.  We can only hope this trend continues and loved ones stop being lost.

I just want to wish you all some encouragement as we enter this weekend and I hope you and your family's are well.
LocoLover3

I say what I like and I like what I say. So there.

Email
« Reply #56 on: 2020-04-10 13:22:00 »

Couple of songs for y'all that say something. Imagine Dragons and One Republic, Real Life and I Lived, respectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtZo2jLjog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KINfQbfZwik

I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2020-04-10 15:36:21 »

Thanks for the good and happy news.

I appreciate the recent trend of posting positive news in this topic and the real news in the "World News" topic.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #58 on: 2020-04-20 16:16:47 »

Do you guys think there will be a second wave after this main one goes over? 

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: 2020-04-22 16:17:20 »

It may be a year to 18 months before FDA approval of a vaccine-- if it ever comes.  I'm hoping this silly stay-at-home order won't become an annual thing, like the flu bug or hay fever. Who wants to have to mark offf a good chunk of spring every year on the calendar to put their liives on hold by government mandate?  I want to be a responsible citizen, but dammit, you try looking in these eyes and tell him he can't go out to the dumpster today.

But never mind the next round of coronabug --I mean, all these poor bored men and women, stuck indoors for weeks, nothing on TV, squat to do... badda-boom, we see all the hospital maternity wards a-filled to bursting come nine months, if you catch my drift.  So have our lovely forum ladies been good and practicing their social distancing, or shall be seeing a spate of PSF Babies drop next January?    ;)
« Last Edit: 2020-04-23 07:34:06 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Covid-19 / Coronavirus Topic « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024