PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Stay positive! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stay positive!  (Read 1443 times)
Ynona

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2020-05-16 17:26:01 »

I'll admit, during these trying times I'm struggling staying positive... more than usual.
Some people I know here already know that I'm already pretty gloomy by my own... but recently, my pessimistic behaviour is becoming so prevalent that I think it's mining my productivity and the relationships with my friends.
I can't allow this to go on, but at the same time... I kinda don't know how to be positive.

So... this is where I ask for your help: Post in this topic what keeps you optimistic.
Everything will do: You aspirations for the future? Hobbies? Philosophies? Faith? That wholesome thing that happened this morning? Family? Love?

It might not be much, but maybe sharing this kind of stuff can be a way to help each other to get through these hard times. Like a small ray of sunshine in the cloudiest of the days.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 17:29:52 by Ynona » Logged

Dame da ne. Dame yo, dame na no yo...
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2020-05-16 18:28:37 »

Put yourself in an environment that brings you back to a time when everything was ok. For example, sometimes in the afternoon, I like to draw in the living room, and when the air conditioner is on, I feel like it’s the middle of summer where I’m free of most of my responsibilities, and that makes me calm and happy even though I know I still have virtual school to attend on Monday. Ask yourself, “What would bring me back to the good times?” or “what makes me happy?” and apply it in your everyday life.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2020-05-16 18:30:48 »

Pessimism isn't a good thing to dwell on friends.  It's the easy way out.  Anyone can find the bad in anything, but it takes someone special to rise above and find the good and positives.  So don't be consumed in negativity. :) 

What keeps me positive and going is writing.  Writing about things I like.  Also my family and friend's.  I want to be a good influence and have those around me have a brightened day because of my actions and how I act.  This is what keeps me going and optimistic.

Also with all the negative news, here is a source of good news from around the world.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

And of course another thing that keep so many going is their faith.  Whatever it may be, Christianity, Judaism, etc.  It can be a beacon and a bright spot in dark times.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-05-17 16:52:33 »

What I did was play sports or went outside into my own area.  Wilderness is good. :)

I'm a pretty chill and happy person to begin with though.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-17 16:53:00 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2020-05-17 21:36:45 »

Honestly I'm kind of on the same boat with you, man. It's kinda hard being optimistic with a lot of things. You WANT the positive to happen, but at the same time, thinking realistically, a lot of the negatives turn out to be the outcome, and it sucks. Especially in these times.

While I myself and not very positive on a lot of things, especially lately, what helps me along is my friends. I just talk to my friends and they tell me that things are going to be OK. They're a good distraction from the world right now. And honestly, knowing that they're going through the same stuff as me, and as well as everyone else, it really puts things into a sort of perspective where you know that we all just have to be with each other. Sometimes, all we have is each other, and while it seems kind of sad, it's nice knowing that we have each other's backs, y'know?

SNEE
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2020-05-18 16:33:09 »

A lot about how you are as a person has to do with the people you are around and the one's you rely on.  If they are negative, you most likely will be too.  Surround yourself in good and wholesome and you will be too.

Generalizing of course, but you get the idea.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2020-07-03 17:09:16 »

I try to keep positive by staying busy... either by getting out and exercising (inasmuch as I can with coronabug stay-at-home orders, of course, but I do like to walk the dogs at least twice a day) and being creative--writing, drawing and taking pictures. I just released a couple new comics today, in fact... so check 'em out. Might put a smile on your face... oh, that's another good way to remain positive: by trying to make another person's day a little better.  ;D

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Stay positive! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024