PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Stupid News 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stupid News  (Read 44358 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-12-16 14:32:04 »

How is it even sexist lol. It's plowing snow XD

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-12-16 14:34:18 »

Swedish SJW's claim snow plowing is sexist.
I think this is a good thing o.o
Do you mean that snow plowing is a good thing, or that it's good that people think it's sexist?

That they make it equal for both sides, it's true that men in Sweden has been the priority to hire when it comes to snow removal.
Sweden is all about equality.

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-12-16 14:35:53 »

Ohhhh! THAT makes more sense. XD

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-12-16 14:37:48 »

Did it o.o? I tried to explain it so people would understand what they meant by that article.
People are quick to jump to conclusions.
Don't want people to misunderstand my country's intentions ^^

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-12-16 14:39:19 »

Right. Equality for all. Anyone remember this gem from October? Sweden Legalizes Flying the Isis Flag

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-12-16 14:39:42 »

Did it o.o? I tried to explain it so people would understand what they meant by that article.
People are quick to jump to conclusions.
Don't want people to misunderstand my country's intentions ^^
He wasn't being sarcastic :)
« Last Edit: 2016-12-16 14:39:56 by Death Blossom » Logged

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-12-16 14:40:25 »

We kinda thought they were saying snow plowing ITSELF is sexist. Not that they only hired men to do the job. XD

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-12-16 14:42:50 »

You can't call an occupation sexist if it isn't by nature.  Snow plowing isn't exactly a job most people think about wanting to do as they grow up.  Fact of the matter is, more men apply for snow plow driving jobs.  It isn't sexist, it just is a fact.  You sit and a truck and drive around removing snow.  They'll hire anyone who wants to do that.

Another job that isn't inherently sexist is, but SJW's label it as one, is airplane pilots for commercial liners.  93% of commercial pilots are men, yet most women who do the course to become a pilot, become a pilot anyways.  Studies by British Airways has shown women at a young age don't see being a pilot as a top job for them.  Over 1,000 young people asked, no females said they wanted to be a pilot, yet some male children did.  The British Airways study concluded that females might not choose to be pilots because of the time constraints and commitments to being a pilot, and how it takes away from family life.  They also used data on their own pilots and found many female pilots had to take time off for child bearing and raising, and many didn't come back after that.  So it came down to time and perception.

There is also debate with car mechanics.  Most are men, but I don't have any data on that one.

I agree that priority roads that are main arterials need to be removed first.  I disagree with the article saying that roads need to all be plowed the same.  That makes no sense.  Why would you plow a road with two homes on it before plowing a main road that connects people to business and services like a hospital?

The article becomes ridiculous because equality becomes a detriment when taken too far.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-12-16 14:45:53 »

You can't call an occupation sexist if it isn't by nature.  Snow plowing isn't exactly a job most people think about wanting to do as they grow up.  Fact of the matter is, more men apply for snow plow driving jobs.  It isn't sexist, it just is a fact.  You sit and a truck and drive around removing snow.  They'll hire anyone who wants to do that.

I agree that priority roads that are main arterials need to be removed first.  I disagree with the article saying that roads need to all be plowed the same.  That makes no sense.  Why would you plow a road with two homes on it before plowing a main road that connects people to business and services like a hospital?

The article becomes ridiculous because equality becomes a detriment when taken too far.

Yes.  Yes on all that.  I think the big take away was you last line as well. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-12-16 14:52:16 »

That last line, just yes. So much yes, Wolf.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-12-16 18:02:38 »

As long as they don't it's sexist to only allow males be male models or females be female models.... oh wait... they do that. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-12-23 15:47:24 »

I wouldn't label them all "stupid" but they are different.

Clueless Chinese villager used a hand grenade to crack nuts for 25 years.

New Jersey family sues to let daughter play on boys basketball team.

French woman wants to marry a robot, beginning of a new era?
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-12-23 15:58:14 »

I saw the second one on tv. Really stupid

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-12-23 22:44:53 »

I'm going to play devil's advocate.

So lets say this girl is REALLY good, and she feels playing on the female teams is not a big enough challenge for her... should she be allowed to play with a higher league team?  Boy or girl league?
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-12-23 22:48:02 »

What? But that's... Not what's happening. The girls basketball team wasn't formed because there wasn't enough interest in it. So because she still wanted to play, and school is CLEARLY the only place to play basketball, she wants to play with the guys.

But then the whole thing about fairness comes in. She's going to be playing with boys if she does get her way. And they'll either destroy her, or not want to hurt her because "she's a girl" and thus not actually ever give her the challenge of playing. They'll be soft on her, or as rough as they are with normal boys and could hurt her.

There's a reason there are boy and girl teams, and I know there are mixed teams, but in that case, both teams are mixed.

Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Stupid News « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024