PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Thank you project 1. Smiles2us 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank you project 1. Smiles2us  (Read 719 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2023-05-23 06:07:41 »

Last year and this year, I have wanted to take time to say thank you with more than just words. I have been unable to create much of anything...writers block is awful...but I want to do more in the ways I can.

I made a big sneeze related birthday contest on Deviantart that is still open where the prize winners are 200 dollars, 100 dollars, 75 dollars, and 25 dollars, but I sitll want to do more than a contest. The rules of the contest are simple. The biggest rule is the same as any of my past contests: create a sneeze XD

there's a few different choices to pick from. Create a sneeze with any OC from anyone, create a sneeze-while-hiding situation, or if a person wanted to listen to me I have a birthday wishlist of characters I like that I wish would sneeze.

I do not just want to do a contest. I want to highlight as many people as I can and share things about each person that I highlight. Originally, I wanted to do a top ten list of my favorite topics/creations each person did...but some people haven't done 10 topics.

So instead I'm going to share what I can. Some people I will do a top ten list, some people I'll do a top 3 list. Some people I'll pick a different number.

Ok. I don't want to just talk. It will be easier to show instead of tell.

Smiles2us is incredible to me. There is a LOT of behind the scenes effort that is going on. Smiles was one of the first people that reached out to me and other people. Smiles, this website would not be the same if if was not for you. Thank you =) thank you for all you do.

Here is my top favorites list.
#5- SCM topic.
https://psfforum.com/index.php?topic=2201.msg232914#msg232914
This topic in Media and observations is wild to me. Again, there is a lot behind the scenes that I never see or think about, and seeing the impact and number of minutes watched and other data about the SCM youtube channel, it made me smile. It is not just a few sneeze loving people that click on videos. SCM has made many people's day a little better with the different videos that have been shared over the last "few" years...it seriously has been since 2019...it is crazy that SCM is almost 5 years old now XD

#4-Secret Santa 2018
https://psfforum.com/index.php?topic=2010.msg214181#msg214181
Any kind of organized event takes time and energy to make. This topic helped make a secret santa possible in the first place =) Any person can make a comment and say that they want to do something for Christmas, but it is one thing to say. It is another thing entirely to actually do what you say XD This one topic was a fun holiday event and you helped make it be a reality =)

#3-School Raze synopsis/ALL synopsis topics
https://psfforum.com/index.php?topic=1933.msg203921#msg203921
Something that you did that was effective was building hype for different episodes of the Friendship is Magic series. I can honestly say that I would not have watched a few episodes that I originally thought I would not be interested in, but your topics with synopsis convinced me to give episodes a chance. With just a few sentences, you made me cheerful or happier about wanting to watch an episode. I picked this School Raze topic because it was the end of season 8. This synopsis was one that hit me in the feels specifically. "It really makes me happy and sad how this awesome series has come so far, all the friends I've made, and for it to end sometimes within 2 years. With that said, I am excited for this episode tomorrow!"

Smiles, you are amazing =) Thank you for taking time sharing/typing these Synopsis topics.

#2-PSF Group Poster Sign Up
https://psfforum.com/index.php?topic=1399.msg130822#msg130822
The first day of the 'new' 2018 year. This topic genuinely shocked and surprised me back then, and today it STILL stuns me that this was something that you shared with this topic. I do not even want to think of the time it took to get this big group project completed, let alone organizing it XD
I never imagine the big blue sneeze fetish forum or sneezefurs or even smaller sneeze websites wanting to do something THIS big.

Inviting Every member to be a part of a big project honestly partly inspired me to want to do this 'thank you project'.

#1-Welcome to PSF II ....and Make Her Sneeze
https://psfforum.com/index.php?topic=1094.msg85597#msg85597
There's a HUGE reason why this is my top favorite post. It's short. It's basic. But there is a massive importance to this topic.

Smiles, your energy and welcoming attitude helped me want to be a part of PSF. There was a period of 2-4 months where I thought that PSF completely disappeared.

HISTORY LESSON TIME. PSF didn't always look like this. There was a different 1st PSF site. Again, there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that goes into a site, and the 1st PSF site disappeared. Smiles and other people were somehow able to get PSF II to exist, and I am very thankful for the time and energy that made this website possible.

Smiles...thank you =) Seriously. Thank you for all you do, both with topics and behind the scenes things that no one ever sees.

I do not want to put too much explanation or write much about Make Her Sneeze. It's something that any person can look up on youtube. I am not sure what I can say or what I can't say about Make Her Sneeze, but I'll say something short here. Make Her Sneeze was one of the things that actually inspired me to stop being a silent watcher of sneeze google images and join sneezefurs to begin talking to other people that liked sneezes too. There are other sneeze games that exist, but this short fun idea for a game helped inspire me to do something more than just look at what other people made.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-05-23 13:17:13 »

Awwwww!!!! Aww!  My heart is melting!  Oh my gosh, I'm so happy right now!

Thank you!  You're so sweet to do this. :D     :-]  <3 <3 <3 <3  Thank you!  I'm at a loss for words.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-05-23 13:18:25 »

Smiles is very wonderful, just as this is a wonderful thank you. :)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-05-23 13:19:00 »

Oh my goodness, this is too sweet!   :')

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-05-23 23:55:35 »

This is heartfelt and very nice. :) Such a kind gesture.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-05-24 00:31:20 »

This just makes me so happy to see. :D
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2023-05-24 12:43:03 »

Smiles is a pretty special person.  Her and Darrin brought PSF back after PSF 1.0 was suddenly taken down.  They kept the community alive.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2023-05-24 12:51:31 »

This is so absolutely wonderful.  I agree with all of this!  I came around later on some of this stuff, but I've heard and read about lots of it.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2023-05-24 13:10:27 »

Very happy Smiles (and equally Darrin) for their contributions to get PSF 1.0 and PSF 2.0 rolling.  It comes at their expense.

But also Smiles does so much in the background from Youtube, to a Tumblr, to the MLPS Wiki, and just gathering everyone together to get the site initially going from Ponychan to Sneezefurs (before they got kicked out there) to PSF 1.0 then to PSF 2.0!  So much stuff!  So much work!
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2023-05-25 00:53:19 »

This is great because Smiles is someone who means a lot to me too.  She does so much (and Darrin) in the background.  I've been able to see just a slice of what they do, and it's a lot.  Especially to start this community and keep it going.  It's expensive to keep it running too.  They pay for the extras to keep it private and so they don't have to be told by the host they can't post this or that. 

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2023-05-25 16:49:05 »

I wanted to try doing something like this earlier. Life stresses and work and other stuff has made my ability to comment or write go way, way down since...literally years ago...it is easy to get frustrated with myself, but still, I am really glad to be able to say what is on my mind.

I love seeing sneezes in art and stories, but it is people who are more important than any sneeze =)

I am slow with writing, but I'm going to do what I can over time =)

The replies here made me happy. I can't reply to everyone specifically right now but I am glad this community after years still knows and cares about each other.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2023-05-26 12:22:11 »

This is a really nice gesture to a really nice person.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2023-05-28 14:14:40 »

This was so true on so many levels.  Smiles is a wonderful person. :)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2023-05-30 13:05:04 »

Smiles deserves so much credit. She does so much behind the scenes and I am thrilled she is recognized for that.  Thank you Mystery.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Thank you project 1. Smiles2us « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024