PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Favorite and Least Favorite President 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite and Least Favorite President  (Read 7108 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-11-11 21:16:13 »

It's true.  Nixon was very self conscious about what others thought of him and his actions.  He grew apart from his friends when he became President and became very private. 
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2022-01-05 22:53:17 »

Jimmy Carter may be the peanut farmer from Georgia, but under him, we had a horrible time in the 70s with oil the oil crisis.  I am sure he did all he could, but it just wasn't too good.

Long story short, I accidentally found this topic when looking around the forum.  I ended up reading everything that was posted and while this topic is old, we can look back on more recent presidents and get a better idea.

While it's too early, it is pretty safe the current Biden-Kamala administration is among the worst we've had so far.  Everything that happened with Carter is happening now to almost the same scale.  There is no international policy and a fragmented form of leadership here locally.  It has also been one of the most divisive presidencies so far.  We will see if the Biden Administration actually becomes one of the worst.  It was under Reagan America was strong, respected, and had economic prosperity.  America's crime problem dropped like a rock under the firm leadership of Reagan and the Republicans at the time.  But one weakness looking back was the War on Drugs which never got the results the government wanted. 

Also up there for among the worst would be the Obama Administration.  Maybe not top 5 worst, but certainly within the top ten right now.  Looking back, we can now see how many institutions they broke, and how they set the playing field for the fragmentation we see today. Under the Obama Admin, we saw Crimea fall to Russia, because the international leaders saw weakness.  We saw the Obama Admin supply Iraq with money for nuclear power.  We saw our overall impact as a nation decline as they Obama Admin continued to be weak and further build up China.  We are seeing all that happen again ten-fold with the Biden admin today.

It's honestly frightening.

The earliest comments in this thread by a few members who said that Bush was the worst, and that one person who said "F Reagan," clearly have no grasp of what these two President's did.  One based their answer on tv shows, so of course that had a leftwing bias, and the other even said they weren't alive during the time, and probably just believes what social media tells them. Bush had his highs and lows, but he certainly wasn't the worst.  Reagan by far is no where near the worst, and would be among one of the top 5 best President's in American history.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-05 22:57:54 by Graymist » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2022-01-06 22:47:31 »

I originally placed Ulysses S. Grant near the bottom of my list, but I have changed my opinion of him.  He actually did some good things and how we have portrayed him as a drunk, simply isn't true to the full reality.  He did admirable things, such as providing for his family no matter what, even when he went broke.  He was a great mind militarily during the Civil War, and even was strongly against racism and the acts of groups like the KKK at the time.  He fought hard to preserve and expand civil rights after Abe Lincoln's term.  He even established the 15th Amendment to give African Americans the right to vote and have equal rights among all people. He was the second Republican America had, and he did a good job.  I think in the coming years, historians will start changing their opinions of him.  It was because of him and Abe Lincoln that Republican's dominated politics for so many presidencies after that.  While Democrats were promoting racism, building up the KKK, and destroying civil rights, Republican's were at the forefront of doing the opposite of that. 

While throwing Biden under the bus is a bit too early, right now is is definitely the worst president in my lifetime.  I would compare him to someone worse than Jimmy Carter at the moment. But we will find out just how much damage he has done.  He has ruined all the things President Trump had built up for the good, such as the booming economy.  He squandered the pandemic measures the Trump admin had in place, such as the creation of vaccines and providing proper healthcare tools.  Biden has destroyed all that, and instead we are having outages, lack of vaccines, and shortages of everything.  Not to mention all the infrastructure changes he single handedly destroyed such as the energy pipeline, the debacle at the border wall (now record illegal immigrant crossings) and us not being able to handle it.  Biden has done a number in just 6 months, and I can't think of a single good thing he's done.  I guess in his eyes and the eyes of the Democrat Party, they can at least say they hired people from tons of different sexual preferences, gender types, races, etc.  But it certainly hasn't helped the country.  You choose people by merit and their skills, not their pronouns...

Where would I place Trump?  Internationally and economically he was great.  He created most of the problems for himself by speaking at the wrong time.  But it was un-American and against our ideals as a nation for social media and big tech to ban him.  Theoretically, big tech owns "free speech" now days, and that isn't free.  I still need more time for where he would be ranked overall, but it is nowhere near the bottom, nor is it in the middle.  It would be the upper half. 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2022-02-11 16:55:04 »

While throwing Biden under the bus is a bit too early....

It's not.  He's brought this country down SO fast.  The same time last year under COVID, we had less people with the disease and less people dying from it than there are right now.  More people have COVID in 2022 at this moment than they did in 2021. 

He botched Afghanistan and he is about to botch Ukraine again.  Remember, Russia moved in to Crimea when the US had a weak leader in Obama.  Iran is mere weeks away from enough enriched uranium to make nuclear bombs, which they are touting to the world.  Yet Europe, Obama admin, and Biden admin, all believed Iran when they said they were enriching uranium for "peaceful purposes."  That was wrong.  As well, Iran now has a missile that can reach our allies in the middle east...

Since we are talking about missiles, what about "Rocket Man" over in North Korea.  He was silent and we came to the closest we've ever had to peace with Trump.  NK stopped firing missiles.  Now under Biden, NK says they are close to having a missile that will hit the continental US and they have been firing off missiles almost weekly.  You just don't hear about it in the left-wing media.

Russia and China have signed an agreement that is anti-US during the Beijing Olympics of 2022.  Taiwan is in the ever present danger of Chinese invasion.  China has become more and more aggressive.

I touched on it earlier, but the embarrassing retreat of Afghanistan that left decades of nation building into collapse within a day. 

ISIS is rebuilding in the middle east after having been pretty much wiped out by allied forces under Trump admin.

Highest inflation in 40 years currently.  High gas prices, high food costs.  Basic needs are expensive.  Getting supplies and parts for things is hard because of supply chain issues that the Biden admin won't address because they don't know what to do.

Biden administration and the Democrat party have moved far to the radical left and have alienated more than half of the US populace.  They are polling in the 30% range now, among the lowest in US history.  The Democrat Party has created "groups" for everything; black, white, evangelical, straight, gay, woman, man, latinx, etc.  They've made up all these categories and pit people against one another.  They've been spreading fear and misinformation about the virus.  We can see the stats for ourselves, and we know if the vaccines are working or not.  People have a choice, but the Biden Admin is against personal choice and instead pushing mandates. 

CIA has been found to be collecting personal data of American's under Biden Admin.  A database of "bad eggs" and "Terrorists" which are nothing more than parents who disagree with schools towing the Biden admin agenda.  They are using our own enforcement against us.  They are labeling anyone who doesn't think and believe what they do as "extremists or racists."

I mean, I could go on forever here.  I didn't even mention the rampant leftist crime, homelessness, the border, and the sad drug crisis. The evidence is mounting and growing higher each day.  The Biden Administration and the current Democrats are the WORST in US history.  The worst.  Do I even need to bring up Hunter Biden, and all the corrupt business dealings the Biden's had with various countries like China, Ukraine, and Russia?  Do I need to bring up the insider trading done among hundreds of lawmakers?  It's all corrupt and disgusting.

Trump was never more right when he said we need to "drain the swamp."  The swamp is thick, and getting thicker.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-11 16:56:28 by Wolfwood » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2022-02-11 17:13:34 »

I think as of now, it is pretty safe to have Biden in the bottom five President's of all time.  He certainly isn't going into the top tier.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2023-05-11 18:20:51 »

Can we officially just say Joe Biden is the worst President of our era now?  For sure one of the worst President's of all time. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2023-05-11 20:07:27 »

^ We can officially say it.
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Favorite and Least Favorite President « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024