PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Odd little CGI anime opening 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Odd little CGI anime opening  (Read 1613 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2018-01-26 23:52:56 »

The show's English title is called Land of the Lustrous. I never heard of it until December, but the concept of the show and the design of the main character got my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9MuI4gfyiA

Steven Universe is a show about humanoid gemstones in American animation. This show is an anime about humanoid gemstones that uses CGI animation. The very first thing I notice about this show is the main character's hair. Honestly, it is not just the main character. Every single secondary character that has hair stands out. Maybe I'm just crazy though XD
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2018-01-27 10:55:37 »

Anime has never done a good job with CGI animation, except this show does an admirable job... probably the best to date.  Never watched it, but I have seen a good amount of it's animation. I'm impressed, but still not fully smooth.  Though they have done a welcoming job because it still can look like hand drawn.
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-01-28 22:28:23 »

I agree with you Master =) Thank you for the comment!
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-01-28 22:34:32 »

I'm not sure what I am supposed to really say as you pose no question really.  So I watched it. ;D 

It was alright.  Not something that really drew me in personally.  But hey, if you like it, enjoy it. :) I'm all about hand drawn animation over CGI.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-28 22:34:46 by RainySunshine » Logged
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-01-28 22:41:08 »

Thank you for taking the time to watch it =) I didn't have any kind of question honestly, I just wanted to show something that I thought was interesting =)

Hand drawn animation to me is awesome ^^ I'm sad that much of today's movies have moved away from hand drawn animation. It is one reason why MLP is so nice for me =)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-01-28 22:52:47 »

I can't wait to see the hand drawn goodness that is the MLP Movie. :)  I wish more would go back to it as well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Odd little CGI anime opening « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024