PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Star Wars 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 10801 times)
sunnygirl

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2019-11-26 23:00:27 »

Okay. Star Wars. One of the biggest franchises known to man. Lets have a topic on it shall we?

What all do you know? What movie was your favorite? Did you grow up with it? Did you not really know about it? Did you hate Jar Jar as much as everyone else?

My favourite’s are A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. I don’t mind the newer movies that have come out. I don’t remember when I discovered Starwars. Yes I also don’t like Jar Jar. I never liked those first 3 movies they did with Jar Jar in them. I am looking forward to the last movie. :) I have also seen The Mandalorian I think it’s quite good for a 1/2 hour show. One of my favourite’s. The weekend is good again. 😊
« Last Edit: 2019-11-26 23:18:32 by sunnygirl » Logged
Bondi

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2019-11-27 03:10:33 »

I like the original three movies but not the changes that George Lucas made to them. We don't need the Vader "noooo" in Return of the Jedi when Vader is deciding if he should side with Luke or Palpatine at the end while Luke is getting electrocuted. It just ruins the scene. And yeah, we don't need Jar Jar in Return of the Jedi either, or even his dialogue. And yeah, Han shot first, and it doesn't make him that bad of a person for doing so because he'd already been threatened and the edited shot just looks stupid. First 2 prequels suck, I kind of like the 3rd but it has problems. I like Episode 7, Episode 8, I'll say it's okay, I guess Rogue One was cool, never saw the Solo movie.
Lance

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2019-11-27 12:59:04 »

I should watch them all again sometime, in order, to see if my feelings are any different.  In order means when they were released mind you.  I don't go by chronology.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2019-11-27 14:08:36 »

Wow, I turned this dead topic into a buzzing conversation piece!

megacycle

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2019-11-27 15:33:14 »

I can find joy watching the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy, the prequel isn't as good but it served a purpose. The new trilogy lacks a plan... the trilogy should have been planned from start to finish or at least a basic outline of all three movies... not this pass from director to director.

So in order from best to worst... the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, the new trilogy or should I call it the Disney trilogy... the clone wars series was fantastic.
Ynona

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2019-11-28 18:40:57 »

I love the original trilogy. While the prequels are bad conventional movies I appreciate how they exponentially pushed forward the technologies of the movie industry.

But the sequels from Diseny... Dear goodness, they're just terrible. I like to define them as "giant corporate check lists". Every choice made in these movies was made to please the executives overlords.
They needed another Rebellion and another Empire because it's what Star Wars is the most known for even if it doesn't make any sense on a world-building perspective... so the movies will sell more. They pushed gender politics because it's the cool thing to do nowdays... so the movies will sell more. Han Solo needs to be a smuggler again despite his character growth in the OT because it's what he's the most known for... so the movies will sell more... and so on and so forth.

Rogue One is ok. Didn't cared for Solo so I didn't even watched it. The original Clone Wars from Genndy Tartakovsky is probably one of my favorite piece of western animation ever. The first seasons of Clone Wars are trash but starting from season 3 the series becomes amazing! Rebels is meh. And I'm loving the Mandalorian so far.

Dame da ne. Dame yo, dame na no yo...
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2019-11-29 13:38:22 »

The Empire isn't as bad as the Rebels.  The Empire at least is trying to bring peace and has good trade and economics with it.  It has some creepy leaders... but really, the Rebels are creepy too.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2019-11-30 21:47:33 »

Ok look. I've been hearing rumor after rumor about what this final installment of the third trilogy has in store for us. Some good, some bad. But I'm not going to make any judgements or opinions until AFTER I see it. That's something that pisses me off on so many levels. When someone judges something as good or bad on a trailer or promo image alone. This movie may be the greatest thing ever or a total piece of crap. I don't know. But I'm not going to say anything about it until I see it. Honestly I look forward to seeing it, mostly because I've been hooked on Star Wars since I was 3.

So When December 20th rolls around. I WILL be recording a short review of it. And....just a heads up for that but I will have spoilers in that review. XD

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Ynona

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2019-12-01 13:37:21 »

Since this thread is active again... I'll leave this here:

« Last Edit: 2019-12-01 13:46:10 by Ynona » Logged

Dame da ne. Dame yo, dame na no yo...
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: 2019-12-01 16:26:32 »

This is such an amazing piece.  I remember someone shared it before somewhere on this forum and we discussed it.  Dedication!
Snmm01

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2019-12-06 15:30:27 »

Okay, I have to say this. The Empire good? You guys do know that the Empire was based on the Nazis.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2019-12-06 15:48:29 »

Okay, I have to say this. The Empire good? You guys do know that the Empire was based on the Nazis.

Founding creators have said that the Nazi's were not a basis for the Empire.  Though in some commentary, George Lucas off hand called them "Nazis" whether he was joking or not. They have said that there was no direct basis for the Empire and it was meant to new and not be based on any one nation or group.  It’s really more of a generic “Evil Empire”, a trope common to plenty of other stories both before and after Star Wars was first created. Which would make the Rebel Alliance a generic “plucky band of rebels”, another trope common in fiction.

That said, there are certainly elements of the Galactic Empire that are reminiscent of Nazi Germany.... but there are many elements that are reminiscent of many nations.  That's going to happen because we are humans and we only have so much to base our realities on.

« Last Edit: 2019-12-06 15:50:46 by Graymist » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: 2019-12-06 15:52:53 »

"There’s nothing subtle about this historical allusion in “Star Wars.” After all, the elite assault forces fanatically devoted to the Galactic Empire share a common name with the paramilitary fighters who defended the Nazi Party—stormtroopers. The Imperial officers’ uniforms and even Darth Vader’s helmet resemble those worn by German Army members in World War II, and the gradual rise of Palpatine from chancellor to emperor mirrored Adolf Hitler’s similar political ascent from chancellor to dictator. The Empire wasn’t the only side in “Star Wars” that cribbed Nazi imagery, however. The final scene of the original 1977 “Star Wars” in which Princess Leia awards medals to Rebel heroes Luke Skywalker and Han Solo while soldiers stood at attention echoed the massive Nazi rallies in Nuremberg captured in Leni Riefenstahl’s 1935 propaganda film “Triumph of the Will.”" - Source
« Last Edit: 2019-12-06 15:53:05 by Silverwing » Logged
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2019-12-15 17:06:02 »

This looks like a 90s anime surprised star wars never got some short of anime adaption definitely a missed opportunity
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2019-12-20 09:15:48 »

Ok. I’ve seen it. And for ME to say this about a Star Wars movie, a franchise I have loved since I was three, it’s something....but yeah this movie blows.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Star Wars « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024