PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Covid-19 / Coronavirus Topic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 / Coronavirus Topic  (Read 12887 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2020-03-11 14:33:11 »

WHO Declares Covid-19 a Pandemic
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2020-03-11 18:02:18 »

The President is going to address the public from the Oval Office tonight in a live telecast.  I wonder what news he will say? 

It is said he will be calming but also address what steps the government will do to fight the Coronavirus.

It is starting right now.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2020-03-11 18:13:03 »

Well that was a quick speech but pretty important.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-11 18:13:20 by Rainberry » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2020-03-11 18:13:48 »

PRESIDENT'S MARCH 11TH COVID-19 SPEECH

All travel from the US to Europe will be stopped this Friday according to the President in his address to the nation.  Of course there will be exceptions for business and other reasons.  The UK is not included in this ban.  Many of the new cases in the US are from Europe.

The President said every state lab can now handle testing for Coronavirus. 

He has implemented $8.3 billion in spending to fight Covid-19.

He stated that the risk of the virus is low to young people, but risk is high for older American's with health issues.

The President said he will put into action an Emergency action will be taken to provide financial relief to any workers who can't work during the Coronavirus due to illness or loss of work due to work place closure.  Hourly workers will get paid, all workers will get paid.  Payroll tax relief as well.

He is instructing the Small Business Administration to provide aid to businesses overcome business downturn.  The federal government is offering a $50 billion loan.

He says we will overcome as a Nation and the world will overcome this.  He says he wants what is best for the American people and he is confident these steps will help reduce and defeat Covid-19.  He says we need to unite and stop partisanship. He says through this we must unite and help one another and when this is done we will be stronger as a nation and come out more united than ever.

He ended by saying God Bless America.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: 2020-03-11 19:01:23 »

It is reassuring major steps are being taken, but I hope it isn't just prolonging things as well to hit our peak later.  But at the same time, if we can diminish transmission, hopefully that vaccine will be done by the end of the year.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2020-03-11 21:59:30 »

Here is the speech from the President on March 11 on actions to combat Covid-19.

« Last Edit: 2020-03-11 21:59:46 by RainySunshine » Logged
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2020-03-11 22:52:27 »

I really hope this can be contained.  I have dread in my heart.  I can feel it. :( I'm worried for family.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-11 22:52:40 by Rainberry » Logged

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2020-03-11 22:53:53 »

Anyone on these forums from other countries?  Would they care to share their situations and how their country's are handling the issue and how YOU are doing yourself?

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2020-03-13 13:43:40 »

BREAKING NEWS

President Trump declares National Emergency order to free funds and loosen regulations for healthcare facilities.

Stocks Surge Higher After President Trump Declares State of Emergency.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: 2020-03-15 13:48:06 »

Everywhere I am going is empty... It's weird... kinda freaky.  Even the forum is empty.  I would think with people being indoors it would be busier, lol.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2020-03-15 14:19:40 »

Went grocery shopping yesterday. The clearouts were ridiculous. Meat and fish section? Gone. Frozen foods? Empty. Bread? Nada. Milk and Eggs? Bye Bye. I hate what the news is doing. Yeah the virus is something to be weary of but their overexaggerating of it always makes things worse.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2020-03-15 14:24:40 »

It stinks people who are living their average lives can't get their normal food supplies because panicked (Selfish?) people are buying way more than they need.  I know this is happening around the world too, but come on people.  Be respectful of others.

I feel bad for the elderly who don't have access to all the info and they can't get their food at the store because someone else bought it all.

Not to mention cleaning supplies and bathroom products.  Everything is gone.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2020-03-17 15:02:21 »

DEVELOPING:

President Trump Proposes checks to every American.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2020-03-18 12:32:12 »

White House coronavirus plan aims to send $2,000 to Americans, includes $300 billion for small businesses.

Pres. Trump says $1 trillion coronavirus relief package will 'help everybody'...

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin warns virus could yield 20% jobless rate without action.

General Motors, Ford and Fiat Chrysler to temporarily close all US factories due to the coronavirus...

Dow wipes out all gains under Trump’s presidency as stocks tumble...

US-Canada border to close for non-essential travel, but workers can cross.

Coronavirus Vaccine Being Tested To Patients In Seattle Now!

Australian believe they have found a 'cure' to Coronavirus!

Japanese flu drug said to be effective against Coronavirus!
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2020-03-18 13:04:01 »

It's good to hear there will be relief for us, but I wonder what will be decided upon?  I also worry this will definitely inflate out nation's debt. :(  But I guess this is what we pay our taxes for in emergencies like this.

How is everyone?

Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Covid-19 / Coronavirus Topic « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024