PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Covid-19 / Coronavirus Topic 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 / Coronavirus Topic  (Read 12901 times)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2020-03-18 13:19:17 »

I'm anxious and full of stress right now.  :-\ 
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2020-03-18 13:22:37 »

Going to a market today, I saw an old woman who met a couple of children and scolded them about their not staying at home.  ::)
A lot of stores works as normal, but some of them doesn't allow to come in for more of (random number) people. The good thing is that vegetables or fruits can be bought at outdoors.

Me will stay at home till April starts. My work mostly consists of AutoCAD drawing, so I can continue my tasks like nothing happened.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2020-03-18 21:25:31 »

Main stores are open... only restaurants and cafes and movie theaters are closed.  I have noticed a major decline in traffic.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2020-03-21 13:35:58 »

My state has been ordered to stay indoors. 

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2020-03-21 13:39:08 »

Same.  California has us in lockdown.  As does New York, Illinois, and Florida.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2020-03-21 13:42:28 »

Eeeeeeeyup. Praying martial law doesn't come into effect.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2020-03-21 14:25:03 »

So is your job halted during this time to?
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2020-03-21 17:24:46 »

So is your job halted during this time to?

Sadly yes. All inventory services are cancelled indefinitely. So I have no idea WHEN I'm going back to work.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Ynona

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2020-03-21 19:53:11 »

Welcome to the club...

I've been locked up inside my house for about 2 weeks by now. I only came out once to buy food supplies at the grocery store for the next 14 days... I hope I didn't fucked up that day and ended up catching something...
I only have terrible things to say about this experience but I don't want to scare you guys even more so I'll shut up about it...
I'll only say this: They said that where I live the worst has yet to come... and it's already so bad as it is. I'm... not looking forward to that... like, at all...
As for now, me and everyone I personally know is fine... and I am never been so grateful for that in life.

The future looks really grim so... stay safe everyone... Dear goodness, make sure to stay safe...
« Last Edit: 2020-03-21 19:55:05 by Ynona » Logged

Dame da ne. Dame yo, dame na no yo...
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2020-03-22 00:41:04 »

Italy really has taken a square hit in the jaw.  We will eventually after all this is done , look back on it and figure out why.  A large portion is people not heeding to "social distancing" early on.  But I know there is more.

Most US states are telling people to social distance and a few states have ordered people to stay indoors.  Lots of different tactics being employed.  Lets hope this ends soon.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: 2020-03-22 13:24:51 »

Memphis, Tennessee, is about an hour and a half from us, and the first observable cases in Shelby County and its neighbors were confirmed just over two weeks ago. Still, despite the last two weeks of hearing horror stories from overseas, and news coming out of big 'burgs like New York, L.A., Miami, and Chicago about the shortages, the closings, and the new rules and indignities their citizens were forced to suffer, I figured a small wide-place-in-the-road town like mine would escape the bug's notice. After all, the weather was in our favor. It had rained nearly nonstop for three or four days, see, and I had heard the virus doesn't thrive in wet, humid climes, which we certainly have here.  However, I can see signs the panic is starting to hit close to home.  Yesterday I went out to the store to buy a few supplies for lunch and noticed the shelves looking a little bare-- people stocking up on bread, meat, canned, and microwavable goodies had left large gaps in our little grocer's inventory.  While walking the dogs I spied a sign on one of the churches announcing Sunday services to be cancelled, as per CDC orders, 'til further notice. I check the news daily to see if any of the colleges in my state have closed their doors yet because of the wave of panic-- something that would have been unthinkable twenty years ago, but with advances in technology you almost don't miss the daily grind of classes and life in cramped, dirty dormitories (unless you just can't fuction without the ambient smell of pot smoke and urine coming from the back stairs). As I work at home, don't go out much, and stay away from people much of the time anyhow, I find my day-to-day isn't terribly impacted by this, plus I wonder if spending so many hours a day hanging out behind a dirty, germ-filled dumpster with my old pit bull has tempered my immune system somewhat. I could probably weather a dozen such passing pandemics and not even blink.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2020-03-22 14:32:20 »

It is much different in rural America, but there have been a few reported outbreaks that have hit small rural counties.  It right away causes problems for those counties with less resources and their health services.  Let's be honest, some rural counties... especially the south... have really poor rural healthcare.  This isn't the case in other parts of the country with rural healthcare.  But it can be overwhelming having to all of a sudden have an emergency like this and practice planning (they may not have done before).

Stocking of supplies here in the urban areas has been good so far, but good luck finding hand sanitizer and lysol.  Food is usually good, bought out by the evening, and restocked in the morning. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: 2020-03-22 22:27:47 »

Democrats Block Republican Coronavirus Stimulus Plan to Give Cash to Families.
bakky0
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2020-03-23 14:17:20 »

That should read "Democrats Block Republican Coronavirus Stimulus Plan to Give Cash to Corporations". The whole reason they blocked it was because it wasn't giving enough cash to families; the gifts to corporations were being made with fewer strings attached than they would have liked.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: 2020-03-23 14:23:39 »

That should read "Democrats Block Republican Coronavirus Stimulus Plan to Give Cash to Corporations". The whole reason they blocked it was because it wasn't giving enough cash to families; the gifts to corporations were being made with fewer strings attached than they would have liked.

So the companies can pay their employees AND stay afloat.  There shouldn't be any partisan politics right now when trying to solve this crisis.  Even NBC and the New York Times are calling out the Democratic Party for playing politics right now.

Also congrats on your first post.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 14:24:04 by Silverwing » Logged
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Covid-19 / Coronavirus Topic « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024