PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Ramshackle Discussion Topic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ramshackle Discussion Topic  (Read 144 times)
Spiffmin

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2024-04-10 00:12:41 »

As the trend of animated pilot's premiering on Youtube continues, yet another appears.  This one is called Ramshackle by Zi Chen.  It follows three homeless kids in the city of Ramshackle.  It has a different premised and I get a lot of "Flapjack" and "Mighty Magisword" from the designs.  A mix of the two.  Check it out below.  Ramshackle started out as an online comic in 2020. Comic

FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2024-04-10 12:22:57 »

I'll give it a watch.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2024-04-11 12:28:07 »

I did watch it the other night.  I liked the character designs and the setting, but the swearing seemed useless as usual.  The plot was kind of . . . weird.  Not sure I get the lore of this world.  I would retool some of the voices, especially the Irish kids voice as he didn't match anyone else and seemed to quiet.  Keep him Irish, but just fix it a bit.  Overall great animation! I loved it and it's more 'choppy' look and the designs were great.  Nice to see a more positive message I guess, but the episode did have it's odd moments.  Weird they choose this to be a pilot to introduce us to the series though.  Very strange way to start. 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2024-04-11 12:35:06 »

Went into it and left overall positive.  They did an excellent job with it and I thought the storyline was fairly tight, though very strange.  Some questionable things such as the baby eating a lady, the wealthy turning into zombie like folks, and the kids literally killing said zombie like folks.  Just . . . really weird and not that grounded in reality, which seems to be their choice.  Just very weird.  Overall a positive start in my book.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2024-04-13 23:57:10 »

Already at 2.6 million views!
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2024-04-20 17:17:06 »

Entertaining but a little "too out there" for me. It was too strange with some of its concepts.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Ramshackle Discussion Topic « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024