PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Retro Shows (70-80-90s) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Retro Shows (70-80-90s)  (Read 8825 times)
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: 2017-01-21 12:03:36 »

Well if it counts, if you watch HR Pufnstuf from the 70's - the living/talking house on that show had an impressive sneeze. XD

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2017-02-26 05:58:15 »

Since everyone here loves MLP.
I think people should see the very first episode of MLP :3

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4recrt

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2023-06-10 00:39:12 »

Have you ever watched "Love, American Style?"  It was a comedy romance cartoon with varying different segments. Some claim it is the first American adult-oriented cartoon.  I recently stumbled upon this episode online. It stars Richard Dawson (Melvin Danger), Cynthia Adler, Mitzi McCall (Tangerine Glick), Bob Holt (Williams). 

The animation is surprisingly very smooth for a 1970s show in an era of cutting corners.  I am sure @NostradamusTheSeer has seen it or heard of it?  Any input?

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2023-06-10 23:02:44 »

I'd never actually seen it, but I'd heard of it. This short was one of only two shorts to be animated rather than live-action. The latter, "Love and the Old-Fashioned Father", was a backdoor pilot for a Hanna-Barbera, series Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home" which I did see, and enjoyed. The season three finale later was the springboard for that iconic series Happy Days, which made Henry "Fonzie" Winkler a household name. "Heyyyyyyyyyyyy."

Actually, I did several blogs on Saturday morning cartoons, where I took a look at some of the network's offerings--things I remember from when I was growing up, and a few I missed the first time around.

A few praises; some pans; a few "That was a show?  I didn't just pass out drunk one night and dream that thing?"s.  What's really weird is watching some of my fav old shows now, knowing what often went on, untold, behind the scenes.  I just saw the Dark Side of Comedy episode about Dustin Diamond--the true star, for my money, of Saved By The Bell--and, damn, Screech had some demo-oooooooo-ons.....   [sadpat]

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: 2023-06-11 13:02:28 »

All interesting stuff. I don't really have much to add, but I did learn some stuff here.  Thanks. 
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2023-06-11 22:34:44 »

Recently watched a few episodes of "Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home."  It wasn't bad. It's weird seeing a more grounded, down to earth telling of American life back then instead of the more fairytale approach.
« Last Edit: 2023-06-11 22:35:11 by flemishcap » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2023-06-13 23:46:36 »

I'd never actually seen it, but I'd heard of it.

Thanks for the info.  ^b-
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 2023-07-26 02:28:06 »

Also a lot of anthro shows was in the 80 and 90s everyone wanted to hop on the bandwagon with TMNT and all

Here are some samples

Give it a watch its so good!!

Street Sharks

Bucky O'Hare

No wonder many people became furries with all this amazing stuff!

Dinosaucers

Battletoads

Cowboys of Moo Mesa

Wildfire
think this counts with sentient horses and all

Did I miss any?

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2023-07-26 05:47:05 »

Oh yeah. There are more of them too. A lot of them can be called furry awakening shows.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: 2023-07-26 11:17:39 »

Oh yeah. There are more of them too. A lot of them can be called furry awakening shows.

Yup! It did it for me! Also learned there are no limits to fantasy and that makes great storytelling

TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2023-07-26 12:59:27 »

The 80s seemed so much more willing to try totally new things out in their cartoons.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2023-07-26 15:09:03 »

I wish I could have been a kid in the 80's.....but then that would mean I'd be in my 40s by now....yeah OK never mind. I'm good with the 90s

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: 2023-07-26 16:06:33 »

I wish I could have been a kid in the 80's.....but then that would mean I'd be in my 40s by now

^ This. I'm exactly like this. XD

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: 2023-07-26 22:48:44 »

I wish I could have been a kid in the 80's.....but then that would mean I'd be in my 40s by now

^ This. I'm exactly like this. XD
I wish I could have been a kid in the 80's.....but then that would mean I'd be in my 40s by now....yeah OK never mind. I'm good with the 90s

OI! I'm not that old yet... but I am 38...

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: 2023-07-27 00:59:09 »

The 80s, even the late 80s were a wondrous time.  Even beyond the shows, the music was stellar!  Everyone was happy, at at the end of the decade, it was a bright future for the world.

Pages: < 1 [2] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Retro Shows (70-80-90s) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024