PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Worst animated films? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worst animated films?  (Read 20481 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-08-29 21:21:29 »

But this topic says if we don't like it, post it.

So maybe as a kid you didn't like.... TOY STORY.... I don't know how that is possible, but someone might say that and that is fine in this topic.  So the badly animated clips posted by APD probably are not needed here... but they were bad, so they still work. ;) 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-08-29 21:22:10 »

If we wanted to make a topic focused on JUST bad animation we could, but this topic is fine for now.  It encompasses everything. 

We really probably went far too deep into this. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-08-29 21:26:05 »

I guess. I just feels it's unfair to good movies. Like what if someone is skimming and thinks it's just bad movies that are actually bad and sees a good movie someone as a kid just didn't like then left with the impression the movie is a bad movie when it's not D:

But yeah whatever. So... Oh.

Chicken Little. I hate this movie. I hate this movie so much I can't even words. To boot, it's pretty shoddy animation, horrible story, extremely unlikeable or incredibly cliche characters, a ton of unfortunate implications, and to top it off the most undeserved happy ending either. Oh yeah, and there's also some forced romance thrown in there as the cherry on top of this cluster fudge of a movie. I don't even know why Disney made this part of their "Disney Canon" thing. Because it is arguably one of the worst stains in their history of movies.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-08-29 21:27:13 »

Chicken Little. I hate this movie. I hate this movie so much I can't even words. To boot, it's pretty shoddy animation, horrible story, extremely unlikeable or incredibly cliche characters, a ton of unfortunate implications, and to top it off the most undeserved happy ending either. Oh yeah, and there's also some forced romance thrown in there as the cherry on top of this cluster fudge of a movie. I don't even know why Disney made this part of their "Disney Canon" thing. Because it is arguably one of the worst stains in their history of movies.

I was going to say this movie should probably be included. ;)

Another abomination is Disney's, "Home of the Range." 
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2016-08-29 21:30:23 »

So is this topic focus on bad animation or just bad movies?  Watershed Down was a wonderfully animated film, it was rich in detail and visually interesting at times. 

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: 2016-08-29 21:31:28 »

Hey Raine, we were just discussing that.  In between all the posts, we said this topic is ANY BAD MOVIE BASED O NTHE PERSONS OPINION.

So not for any demeaning merits to Watershed down, but as a kid, some people just don't like it, so it's on this page.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2016-08-29 21:35:22 »

But- but- muh Watership Down! Heh. Don't forget, only animation.

Funnily enough, I never hated Home on the Range. I mean, the animation is fluid and nice (from my memory). I know people say it's a bad movie, but I can't seem to hate it. I mean, I guess the story is stupid and the characters are a little annoying? Maybe? Idk.

Now my turn to be controversial. Sleeping Beauty. I hated this movie as a kid. It was just so damn boring. Like the beginning is awesome, throwing down the D word to a baby. Like damn. And the dragon fight was cool I guess, super anticlimactic if you ask me. But yeah. The rest of the movie was just boooooring. I didn't like Aurora, I guess the prince was cute? And I hated the blue fairy. Green fairy was adorable. And red fairy was funny.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: 2016-08-29 21:36:22 »

I thought we decided this topic was for BAD MOVIES in general?  Not focusing just on animation.  At least that was what I was saying earlier. 
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2016-08-29 21:45:34 »

Home on the Range had nice animation.  But I don't remember much about it. 

Thanks for the clarification.  Just bad films in general, regardless if the animation is good or not. 

I found Sleeping Beauty extremely boring as a kid.  I also found the Nutcracker boring. ;) 

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2016-08-29 21:46:50 »

Animation wise, it was a good movie, but I never cared for Anastasia as a kid.  I wonder if I would like it better now?

I also didn't care for the movies UP and Finding Nemo.  They just... never popped with me (balloon joke). 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: 2016-08-29 21:48:24 »

See, I hate including Sleeping Beauty to this list, or UP and stuff.... this topic says THE WORST.  Then the description inside says boring and other terms not meaning the WORST.  It's hard to take things so literally then to change the topic completely.  Some Joe Smoe can come in here and think we are nut cases for listing these films as the WORST.  :-/ 

Ugh, this topic grinds my gears. ;) 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2016-08-29 21:50:33 »

This is what I mean. This topic feels to broad. This is how I felt about Watership Down (because I adore that movie). It really bugs me that it says one thing but then says another. ;-;
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29 21:51:17 by LP » Logged

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2016-08-29 21:50:43 »

Yeah, UP and FN were beautifully animated.  I just didn't care for the films, but they are far from the WORST films... yeah, I know what you mean, Rainy.  I think are taking this too literally and being too critical. 
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2016-08-29 21:51:46 »

Okay, I get it.  This topic is too broad and it bugs me too.  We are placing movies that don't deserve to be here in here.  Yes, you can dislike one thing and someone else dislike another, but I think the title is wrong then.  WORST does not meaning boring or lame movies. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2016-08-29 21:54:55 »

Yeah. It's kind of like enjoying a bad movie. Sure, you can enjoy it, but that doesn't stop it from being objectively bad.

Just like a fantastic movie you can dislike. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it's a bad movie. And that's the thing here. We're being allowed to call movies we disliked or didn't click with bad.

Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Worst animated films? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024