PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: What people should know about 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: What people should know about  (Read 1114 times)
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2023-02-06 13:29:30 »

People (both online and the real world) should know about the fact that it is never too late for anyone at any age to change as they should be forgiven and earn another chance after they apologized, and that giving anyone consequence, criticizing, and calling out to them is known to be illegally cruel, mean, and disrespectful.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-02-06 14:01:04 »

Good words in practice and to strive for.  But you are only halfway correct.

But here is where is falls apart.

...and that giving anyone consequence, criticizing, and calling out to them is known to be illegally cruel, mean, and disrespectful.

This is simply false.  People deserve consequences for poor decisions and bad actions.  Otherwise they would A)never learn, or B) continue their bad behavior.  None of these actions you mentioned would be illegal.  Everyone's actions have consequences whether good or bad.
« Last Edit: 2023-02-06 14:03:47 by Silverwing » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-02-06 14:22:02 »

Good words in practice and to strive for.  But you are only halfway correct.

But here is where is falls apart.

...and that giving anyone consequence, criticizing, and calling out to them is known to be illegally cruel, mean, and disrespectful.

This is simply false.  People deserve consequences for poor decisions and bad actions.  Otherwise they would A)never learn, or B) continue their bad behavior.  None of these actions you mentioned would be illegal.  Everyone's actions have consequences whether good or bad.

What he said. 
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-02-06 15:03:31 »

However, there are time when people don’t get forgiven for there actions as some would consider the action unforgivable.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-02-06 15:45:19 »

So what exactly is the purpose of this post?  I am not asking to be rude, but legitimately curious. 

What you're saying isn't even accurate because all actions have consequences and people who do wrong need to be called out.  You could play mind games and say there is no wrong or right, but that is besides the point here I think.
Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-02-06 15:57:29 »

I believe in second chances, maybe third chances depending on what they did... but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be scolded and face consequences.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2023-02-06 16:19:29 »

Find myself thinking a lot about this after the Justin Roiland debacle... sure, you go to journo classes to learn the five W's-and-H and how to write a decent coherent article; you go to art school to learn how to compose an appealing layout for a comic page and construct a credible-looking figure, fine.  I get it.

But how about teaching students how to handle their success properly when they get there? It seems like a growing number of creative minds don't get that, and a lot of content creators are seeing their careers implode because they either get caught at sexual misconduct, say things deemed racist or homophobic, or go on mad power trips, abusing underlings and ignoring the top brass' orders, creating hostile work environments. Of course, they have to be let go and replaced--but invariably, the quality goes down, the new showrunner gets blamed for everything that went wrong, and the studio boss who fired the rank offender is seen as the foolish, greedy king who killed the fabled golden goose and then gathered all his vassals together and handed each one small cup of worthless guts.

Some folks I've talked to really think this business is easy--that you can walk into a newsroom with your [bleep] in one fist and your batch degree rolled up in the other, and the doors will swing  right open for you. Trust me, it's not.  There's egos--both your own and others'--that get in the way. There's a game that needs to be played, and played well, if you want to make it. I had enough trouble keeping things together at a rinky-dink college paper. If I were to ever make it in the animation industry, I would live in constant fear of losing everything I'd built because of I unthinkingly ordered a white actress in the v.o. booth to "try to sound black", or looked approvingly at a woman's breasts and then found out later she's only 15, or just took to social media to espouse a controversial opinion not shared by my coworkers or superiors.    C:-)   :'( 

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2023-02-06 17:54:38 »

So what exactly is the purpose of this post?  I am not asking to be rude, but legitimately curious. 

What you're saying isn't even accurate because all actions have consequences and people who do wrong need to be called out.  You could play mind games and say there is no wrong or right, but that is besides the point here I think.

Well if that’s the case, then that is disrespectful and cruel of them. It’s basically abusing someone and as well as being a tattletale on the person.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2023-02-06 17:56:39 »

Well if that’s the case, then that is disrespectful and cruel of them. It’s basically abusing someone and as well as being a tattletale on the person.

No, no.  It's not disrespectful.  People need to be told they are wrong when they are wrong.

What you are arguing is no one to call out what is wrong.  If someone murders someone, do we not call that out as wrong?  Should the murderer not face consequences for their actions?

Should the world not call out on Putin for his actions?  Should the world not have taken action against Hitler and the Nazis in WWII?  There is a major flaw in what you are saying here, DEECat.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2023-02-06 17:59:28 »

It’s because everyone should deserve forgiveness after they apologized.
Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2023-02-06 18:03:01 »

That isn't abusive, hun. 

If a criminal simply says they are sorry for stealing or stabbing someone, should they not be taken to jail by the police?
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2023-02-06 18:05:26 »

It’s because everyone should deserve forgiveness after they apologized.

People can be forgiven, but they still have to face the consequences for their actions. 

There are some people and actions that will never be forgiven.  Hitler is a key example for his killing of millions and the Holocaust.  Stalin for his killing of millions of people.  Mao Zedong for killing some 40 million people... etc, etc.

On a smaller scale, can you forgive a person who takes a child's innocence away from them multiple times?  They get jailed, then released, and do the actions again?  That is pretty hard to forgive and its appalling.
« Last Edit: 2023-02-06 18:06:23 by RainySunshine » Logged
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2023-02-06 18:08:29 »

But what if someone were to easily forgive a person for doing something atrocious to another?
« Last Edit: 2023-02-06 18:08:47 by DEEcat98 » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: 2023-02-06 18:10:11 »

But what if someone were to easily forgive a person for doing something atrocious to another?

Doesn't matter. They can make their own choice for that.  But the law will determine what happens.... the consequence for their actions.

Good luck finding the family or a murder or rape victim forgiving the criminal though. 

Even Biblically we are told to call people out for their wrong actions.  Matthew 18.  It essentially says, "tell him his fault."  The passage ends by saying that, for those who are unaffected by God’s grace and forgiveness, those people will not be forgiven either.  God is not calling us to forgive someone over and over when it is clear that their hearts are unaffected by our forgiveness. We are told to rebuke him. Then, if he repents, forgive them.
« Last Edit: 2023-02-06 18:16:10 by RainySunshine » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2023-02-06 21:22:17 »

DEE.  Forgiveness has to be earned.  You can't just do something atrocious, say you are sorry, and all your past sins and crimes disappear.  Not everyone follows these made up childhood viewpoints your are proclaiming.  People who do wrong certainly need to be pointed out. 
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: What people should know about « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024