PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 178 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: US News & Politics  (Read 541821 times)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #585 on: 2016-10-19 17:05:55 »

Required reading: http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30/i-can-tolerate-anything-except-the-outgroup/

I'm also reading that journal article you posted. 

To be fair though, this site leans right. 

That has to be a really rare thing.  Like.... I can't think of a single online community that does that really outside for Conservative forums or Christian Mingle.com.

... and indeed on the whole we are much, much more civil about this stuff.  I'm pretty dang proud of this community about that. :D

Now that you mention it, I am pretty happy too.  But could it be that no "outside" voice that is extremely left has stated their opinion before?  Could that be why the independent/right voice of the people here is never drowned out and why everyone is civil?  I'm sort of playing devils advocate, because even on heavily left forums, they are still chewing each others out, being angry, mad, brewing at Republicans in general. 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #586 on: 2016-10-19 17:21:26 »

I just took that poll thing.  It said I was centrist right.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #587 on: 2016-10-19 17:36:43 »

I took a different test online a few days ago. I was pretty center.

So, getting ready to watch the debate tonight.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #588 on: 2016-10-19 19:51:17 »

As an average American who is easily fooled by someone being political and saying the right things, I would say Hillary won this debate.  It wasn't by a whole lot though.  I would say overall they were both about 50/50.  At times Trump dominated her, but then they always ended with him going a bit out there.  Certain times, at least twice, Hillary was noticeably nervous and you could tell she was lying, especially when she tried to tie Trump to Russian and Putin the first time.

In the end though, I think Clinton said just the right things, got women voters, kept saying "save the children" and the average person will buy into that.  She barely pulled off a victory in my mind. 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #589 on: 2016-10-19 19:55:41 »

No matter how well Trump performed, the only thing that the media will take away from the whole debate is Trump saying he wouldn't nessecarily accept the election results.  The liberal media especially will blow this out of proportion and make it seem far worse sounding then it was intended to be.  Trump never should have said that, and that was the blunder that will overshadow anything else in this debate.  The leftist media knows how to do it's business. 

As for the debate moderator, it was a senior FOX News analyst, Chris Wallace.  He did the best job of any moderator in this debate and he never debated anyone.  He brought up tough issues for both Hillary and Trump, and made them both uncomfortable internally bringing up subjects rarely reported.  He brought up Trump's economic plan the the increased debt, and he brought up the handful of issues plaguing the Clinton campaign, that most American viewers have no idea about if they watch the normal mainstream media outlets. 
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #590 on: 2016-10-19 19:58:09 »

Oh yeah, I forgot about Trump saying that.  He probably shouldn't have said that, especially when his wife and Pence said they would all accept the election terms.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #591 on: 2016-10-19 20:00:29 »

But as I said, this will be blown out of proportion.  Do not forget that Al Gore didn't accept George W. Bush winning the election.  They had several recounts of ballots in Florida and each time, he kept calling for a recount, his vote count somehow kept increasing.  Gore then sued, and did all he could to raise a stink and that he would not accept Bush winning.  It wasn't actually just Gore, but the whole Democratic Party.  In the end, they had to give up, because George W. Bush did win.

But saying you won't accept the election results wasn't good.  But it also isn't good to say you will accept them, then end up not doing that, like Gore did. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #592 on: 2016-10-19 20:03:09 »

That was a debate for sure.  It got heated, but never as vicious as the second debate.  Not as many sparks.  I would say these two truly hate each other.  They avoided all contact with one another.  You could see the hate and anger seething in Clinton's eyes whenever Trump spoke.  It was so apparent.  Trump said a few things he shouldn't have said, and he needs to stop interrupting her.  Clinton just lied through her teeth.

So yeah.  That was the debate. I think the person who came out the winner was the moderator, Chris Wallace who did the best job I've seen of anyone on the moderating stage this election cycle.  Maybe second was the lady from the first debate and then third Anderson. 
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #593 on: 2016-10-19 20:03:54 »

I also forgot about Gore not accepting the election results.  Good points.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #594 on: 2016-10-19 20:06:24 »

Another thing, Trump shouldn't have called Clinton a "nasty women." No matter how true or false that may be, that doesn't help his case of being a respectful person to women.  Maybe he should have said she is a "nasty person."  Better yet, maybe just not say that at all. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #595 on: 2016-10-19 21:16:26 »

Wow, wow.  Lets slow down here.  Trump never said he wasn't going to accept the election results.  In an extreme case where fraud is totally seen, I don't blame his answer.  Trump clearly said, "We will wait and see."

Any good businessman, or smart person in general would say that.  Don't accept a deal or something you invested in blindly until you know it was done fairly.  This is no attack on Democracy, this is just common sense smarts.

The liberal media like I said will grab that, and use it negatively against Trump saying he is demeaning democracy.  He isn't. 
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #596 on: 2016-10-19 21:19:40 »

Every headline already is taken out of context, MasterX.  You called that. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #597 on: 2016-10-19 21:24:30 »

I'm watching 3 networks at once right now.  Lol.

FOX News here, CNN there, and MSNBC over there. 2 are spewing pure liberal dribble.  1 is trying to be fairly balanced, but it has a right lean. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #598 on: 2016-10-19 21:25:37 »

Wow, wow.  Lets slow down here.  Trump never said he wasn't going to accept the election results.  In an extreme case where fraud is totally seen, I don't blame his answer.  Trump clearly said, "We will wait and see."

Yes, he said he will keep us waiting.  Keep us in suspense.  But yeah, that is different then saying he won't accept it. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #599 on: 2016-10-19 21:28:13 »

So even though Trump said that, it was still a terrible mistake and not something he should have said.  The media will have a field day with this and ignore all the good he did and all the good Hillary did.  He will be the center of all the news cycles again, but again, in a poor light. 
Pages: < 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 178 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024