PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 178 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: US News & Politics  (Read 541693 times)
playstation man

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1485 on: 2017-06-01 20:20:26 »

It's incredible how weird this whole situation is. History really does repeat itself. Somehow they are willing to put more faith in corporations and big oil companies whose sole purpose is to profit and make money than scientists who have dedicated their lives to learning more about our world so we can better it. I think what strikes me the most about this whole ordeal is this idea of "wealthier is healthier, wealthier is cleaner". That is the entire point of the Paris accord! Of course it's more expensive to transition to clean energy! Our entire infrastructure and society is built around fossil fuels, but the problem is that it just is not maintainable or sustainable in the long run. The job thing doesn't really hold up either, you can logic that one out pretty easily. If fossil fuels die out, people will simply start working in more energy efficient plants. According to an Energy Department analysis released in January, coal mining now accounts for fewer than 75,000 U.S. jobs. By contrast, renewable energy including wind, solar and biofuels now accounts for more than 650,000 U.S. jobs. People can argue with scientific results all they want, but just because it snowed in Dallas doesn't mean the world on average isn't getting warmer or that the climate isnt changing. That's one of the biggest points of climate change, it causes severe weather phenomenon that should not happen. How bad things will have to get before people start to recognize how important making a transition to renewable energy is? On the other hand though, it's a little crazy to think some of my tax money is going into helping other, less developed nations to combat global warming. I don't think stepping out of the accord was a smart move by any means, but it certainly isn't perfect. A smarter, less controversial solution would be to take the other nations participating in the Accord and work out an equal payment act to keep everything fair. America does not have to stay with the Paris Accord to continue fighting against global warming, but President Trump is a business man. He knows what makes corporations and the U.S. big bucks. People only seem to be looking at the short term effects of the bill, when the long term effects are much more damaging. Sure, the U.S. will finically benefit from the bill at first, but over the long term it will be the wrong financial decision. The potential careers and job opportunities far outweigh the original cost. I can only hope states and other nations start to take a more efficient look at energy or we won't have an earth, then the money saved will be totally useless.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1486 on: 2017-06-01 20:28:19 »

The biggest deal breaker with the Paris Accord from what I know reading into it, is that $100 billion dollars from "developed" countries goes into a fund to help poorer countries.  On that list is China, whose economy is about to pass the United States as the biggest in the world.... so why would they be getting money from our tax payers?  India is also on that list.  According to the treaty, which is not legally binding, China, India whom are the biggest polluters in the world, do not have to change their habits at all for at least a generation.  The only countries paying and having to change their ways is the United States, which has already changed our habits more then any country on earth, especially given our scale.

I think President Trump made the right choice here, because this bill would do nothing but hurt America.  Even the treaty alludes to saying that there is no way of knowing that everything that would and could be done in the treaty would actually change anything.  There has never been any conclusive evidence that CO2 is the core cause of climate change.  We know the climate changes, but the most conclusive theory known so far, whether the media reports it or not, is that the climate goes on cycles.  Warm and cool.  Many are reporting we are in a hot cycle... but if you look at the data, we are on the cusp to possibly entering a cooling cycle.  You can find data anywhere that will support your opinion and belief, and as MasterX was saying, it is hard to know who to trust.  Certainly can't trust the scientists who are being supported by certain groups anymore either... :-\
playstation man

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1487 on: 2017-06-01 20:33:19 »

It sure is a sad day for free speech. The tweet was super insensitive and absolutely insane! I don't think a single person on the planet would agree that it is socially acceptable to post anything like that on the internet. (Well, maybe the guys who noosed up all the Obama mannequins, but no one liked those guys.) It's morally wrong to do something like that. She makes us look bad, like really super bad. No doubt she should be fired over this, it's not something you should post. I don't get why some people are so offended though? It's a comedic tweet, from a comedian. While disgusting and distasteful, it's simply just a picture. Comedy is subjective, people have different things that make them laugh. What I might find funny, might be totally crazy to another person. When does the line between comedy and threatening end? She surely didn't say she was going to cut Mr. Trumps head off. She could have meant a multitude of different things with that tweet, we honestly have no clue what she was going for. That's the beauty of art and comedy, people can express something in different ways every single time. While she should be fired for this tweet, why must people make a huge fuss about it? That's all it is, one persons artistic image online.

This I agree with, on a certain level. Yes, alot of different T.V studios have left wing/liberal views. CNN, NBC, etc... Then we have things such as Fox, Info wars, The atlantic, etc... They seem about balanced in terms of political beliefs, you just have to know where to look. One just seems to be getting alot more attention of the public right now.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1488 on: 2017-06-01 20:35:57 »

The media only started caring about the Paris Accord about three days ago.  Before that, they were making up news trying to smear the President.  If this was such an important issue, why didn't the media ever talk about the needs for better practices to help the environment before hand?  Why wasn't the Accord heavily reported in October of 2016 when Pres. Obama ok'd the measure without Senate approval? Want me to tell you why?  Because this story fits right into the media's agenda to smear the President.  So they will make a big deal about it to make the President look as horrible as they can.

Quite honestly, I hate turned on the news, I hate seeing what lies they have to spew.  This really has nothing to do with the environment to them as it does to ruin President's Trump's chances to lead how he promised the American people he would lead.  They are using the environment as a blanket to fool the masses, and it continues to work.

The Paris Accord would do nothing to help the environment, because having money sifted through so many channels and hands... that $100b would end up being mearly nothing when it reaches it's final destination.  Not to mention corruption and squandering.  The best way for the world to start making a difference is if the public, private companies, local agencies and governments on their own start coming up with ways to combat what they feel climate change means to them.  You will get stuff all over the map, from hardcore to nothing.  But a big overarching, sovereignty stealing, plan such as the Paris Accord would solve nothing. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1489 on: 2017-06-01 20:41:36 »

Not to be petty, but the Atlantic is not a conservative institution at all.  It is a well known liberal media outlet.

On the right you are constrained to the middle-right network of FOX News and that is about it for television.  For newspapers you have... well none.  The Washington Post sometimes, but you have a privy of online media outlets.  Info Wars, while having right leaning personalities, is not a news source for conservatives as a whole.  It is a conspiracy theorist source, but they are based on Conservative principle.  I am not bashing them, but just stating what Alex Jones and his team does.  There is certainly truth in what they say, but they go to the extreme that the majority of right America does not follow.  Conservatives do dominate the radio waves.

Meanwhile on the left you have every other news network, television shows and their views and agenda's, comedy shows, every newspaper in America for the most part, and most every internet outlet from Buzzfeed to Slate.  Liberals also own most institutions such as the ACLU and groups like that, as well as universities and schools of thought.  They do not own the radio though. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1490 on: 2017-06-01 20:42:03 »

This really has nothing to do with the environment to them as it does to ruin President's Trump's chances to lead how he promised the American people he would lead.  They are using the environment as a blanket to fool the masses, and it continues to work.

Might be the most true thing I've read in awhile. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1491 on: 2017-06-01 20:45:05 »

The level the left has gone attacking President Trump is to a level never seen before.  It is vicious, vile, and dirty.  The right never went to these extreme's with any President.  Yes, there were poor choices by hicks in the south and such, but that was NEVER promoted or endorsed by media outlets. 

Here we have media outlets literally spewing lies and vicious hate to a President, and his entire family.  They called out Trump's son, calling him "retarded" and "mentally slow."  I'm pretty sure when MSNBC, CNN, and the New York Times printed those stories, they were going against their very campaigns to have people not use those terms.

All I am saying, is the one sided attacks are at a level never seen before.  Not even during President Nixon's term. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1492 on: 2017-06-01 20:45:37 »

I'm thrilled people are talking and having conversation here. :)  You guys rock. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1493 on: 2017-06-01 20:53:21 »

Aww, yes.  To provide evidence for my point... I don't think anyone out there thinks the media is not bias, but here.

This is a study of news coverage on President Trump in his first 100 days in office.  It just came out a few weeks ago.  It is from Harvard’s Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy.  Harvard is a liberal school, and if they gave these numbers... well, it should tell you something.

CNN, NBC, and CBS gave Pres. Trump’s presidency 93%, 93%, and 91% negative coverage, respectively. FOX News provided the most even-handed coverage, with 52% anti-Trump coverage.

Source
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1494 on: 2017-06-06 16:47:41 »

25 year old female arrested for leaking NSA documents to media, arrested.

NSA leaker a Democrat.  Politics play a role in her leaks?.

Senators Stab Trump to Death in Central Park Performance of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1495 on: 2017-06-08 16:07:14 »

JAMES COMEY TESTIMONY

Comey admits to leaking confidential information.

Comey: Trump Administration had no collusion with Russia.

Comey says Clinton's emails was not nothing, corruption involved?.

Democrats move to Trump obstruction and impeachment.

Lynch Successfully Pressured Comey To Mislead Public Using Clinton Campaign’s ‘Inaccurate’ Talking Points

Comey didn't stop Lynch and Democrats rigging election for Hillary.

Comey exonerates Trump, no obstruction.

Comey leaked information unexpected.

CNN and ABC apologize for false reporting that was anti Trump.

Comey Debunks New York Times Report About Trump Campaign Having Repeated Contacts With Russians.

Comey weak?  Pres. Trump's credibility hurt?
« Last Edit: 2017-06-08 16:09:03 by Silverwing » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1496 on: 2017-06-08 16:16:06 »

So in short, we learned DONALD TRUMP WAS NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION and that the TRUMP ADMINISTRATION HAD NO TIES WITH RUSSIA. 

We learned that COMEY HAD PEOPLE LEAK INFO TO THE MEDIA and that LORETTA LYNCH AND THE DEMOCRATS WERE DOING SHADY BUSINESS. 

We also learned that COMEY DID NOT TRUST PRES. TRUMP.

Summed it all up for you. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1497 on: 2017-06-08 16:38:58 »

Comey answered somberly and subdued.  I feel he tried to answer as well as he could without questions attached.  He had thoughtful answers, but struggled at the same time on many questions. 
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1498 on: 2017-06-08 17:41:18 »

Big day, but the White House can walk away saying what they said all along was true and that the media was having a witch hunt on them.  But one thing to note was Comey not exactly trusting the President.  We'll see if there were lies in there or not between one or two parties.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #1499 on: 2017-06-14 17:51:31 »

Man on shooting rampage shot dead by Capitol Police.

Man targeted Republican's, Was Anti Trump.

GOP Steve Scalise in critical condition after shooting at baseball practice.

Democrat Violence Against Republicans?

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say.

FOX News dropping, "Fair and Balanced" motto.
Pages: < 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 178 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024