PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Redline Automotive Discussion 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Redline Automotive Discussion  (Read 60124 times)
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #210 on: 2019-11-24 17:12:58 »

We all know they can say it starts at about $40k, but you will be hard pressed to find one at that price. 

Just like it I wanted to find one of those silly $9k Mitsubishi Mirages, I'm not going to find one. ;)  An no... I wouldn't want one.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #211 on: 2019-11-24 17:27:13 »

Anyone want to discuss the Mustang Mach E

I understand the need to go where people are spending money in the crossover market... but is anyone sickened by a Mustang branded SUV?  I know Porsche people were the same way and Jaguar folks when their brands made crossovers.  But now those brands' best selling vehicles are their crossovers.  They keep the money flowing so they can make their E-Types or 911s. 
« Last Edit: 2019-11-24 17:27:27 by Wolfwood » Logged
Heavy-Chevy
Rookie

Vroom Vroom

Email
« Reply #212 on: 2019-11-24 19:50:55 »

Anyone want to discuss the Mustang Mach E

I understand the need to go where people are spending money in the crossover market... but is anyone sickened by a Mustang branded SUV?  I know Porsche people were the same way and Jaguar folks when their brands made crossovers.  But now those brands' best selling vehicles are their crossovers.  They keep the money flowing so they can make their E-Types or 911s.

I was one of those who felt kind of weird when Porsche and Jaguar entered the cross-over market.  But at least in both of those cases, they built new models from the ground up.  But Ford trying to rebrand the Mustang name on a cross-over is just dumb.  I get it that cross-overs are where the money is but can't Ford at least come up with an original model instead of trying to piggyback off a name that's already strongly associated with compact sports cars.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #213 on: 2019-11-24 21:41:10 »

Ford making a Mustang SUV is just dumb.  Maybe not money wise, but brand reputation wise it is.  It lowers the Mustang name.

But Ford has done a lot of poor choices.  Look at the half baked new Ranger or the EcoSport.  They blundered the release of the new Explorer with all the tooling and quality issues.

About the only thing they've done right the past three years is the new Expedition. 

But if people buy the new Mustang Mach E, it won't matter what we and enthusiasts think.  It will have done what Ford wanted.  It will have made good money.  And you bet there are going to be some soccer Mom's who will want the Mustang name, but be able to sit above other cars...

Originally SUVs were popular for actually going off road.  Then it became just having a commanding view over traffic.  Now if all traffic is SUVs... will we make something taller?  The driving force by over 80% of SUV sales is for women.  They have led the driving forces of sales changes in cars the past thirty years.  It started with the minivan, then the SUV, and now the crossover.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #214 on: 2019-11-25 17:27:12 »

Ford making a Mustang SUV is just dumb.  Maybe not money wise, but brand reputation wise it is.  It lowers the Mustang name.

You are right on pretty much your entire paragraph.  The transitions from cars to SUVs isn't exciting to me.  I don't look at a Ford Edge Sport and think it's some exciting sports vehicle.  I look at a Dodge Challenger and think, wow, cool! It's a sports car.  SUVs don't do it to me... well, I do appreciate the Jeep and Dodge Durango SRT vehicles. :) 
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #215 on: 2019-11-25 21:40:44 »

And ya all heard that Chevrolet wants to have an electric pickup out within about a years time and Ford is looking into it too. 

No word on Ram.  FCA is probably busy with that PSA merger.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #216 on: 2019-11-29 14:14:48 »

Ferrari Roma.

Good looking car in my opinion.  Less sharp and wild like other Ferrari's and other sports cars coming out.

Source
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #217 on: 2020-01-05 22:26:10 »

2019 car sales are in.  The biggest news is RAM took second place from Chevy as the best selling pickups. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #218 on: 2020-04-15 16:30:40 »

And now the big news is NO ONE is buying anything.  But Ram still saw a sales gain.  Every other brand on the market did not.  Ouch.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #219 on: 2020-07-13 18:22:24 »

For so long Jeep has dominated the market it has cornered with the Wrangler.  They've had no direct competition.

Now comes Ford who just revealed their Bronco.  It too will come in a two door and four door model.  It also allows for doors and the roof to come off.  Ford appears to have gone ALL IN to compete against the Wrangler.  Will it succeed?

Ford Bronco Revealed

FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #220 on: 2020-07-13 21:59:25 »

I think that Bronco looks pretty good.  But personally I think the Wrangler looks nicer.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #221 on: 2020-07-18 13:56:31 »

What?????  Thats a weird name...

FCA and PSA merge to become.... Stellantis?

Article.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #222 on: 2020-07-18 17:21:45 »

Well that's a thing that happened... weird name.

But hopefully this will help Dodge and Chrysler get NEW product.  Stop spending money on Maserati, Alfa, and Fiat.  They make up next to no sales.  Less than 5$ of FCA sales combined. The money comes from Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram. All the American brands.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #223 on: 2020-07-19 12:53:51 »

^ The fact that they pulled the best selling Dodge Caravan and the good selling, but dated Journey... and now only have sedans (which others claim aren't selling anymore) is a bad sign for Dodge.  They need new product.  So does Chrysler which is down to the 300 sedan and the Pacifica.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #224 on: 2020-08-31 16:58:24 »

Uhhhh... kit car?  Makes me think of the Griswold family wagon in the Christmas Vacation movie. :)

« Last Edit: 2020-08-31 16:59:10 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Redline Automotive Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024