PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Bad, Cheesy, Lame, Television Commercials 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad, Cheesy, Lame, Television Commercials  (Read 8894 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« on: 2016-08-19 15:06:37 »

Share the worst, bad, lame, cheesy, corny, most ridiculous tv commercials you can find, whether old or new!  Feel free to talk about them, and please keep it to one video link per post, for people will slower internet to be able to open the pages easier.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-08-19 15:08:32 »

So I will start with this.  It screams 1980s and wanting to show off technology and how cool computers, bee bee beep boop bop beep, really are!  SO COOL!  The car does16 computer read out scans per second!  TECHNOLOGY!!!!  Background singers, announcer explaining everything!  Star Wars, SciFi inspired graphics! 

« Last Edit: 2016-08-19 15:09:13 by RainySunshine » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-08-19 15:12:24 »

Just imagine if we still had ads like this!  Full on 80s rock ballads to go with the ad, how crazy cool!  Look at the image they are representing that Pontiac exudes!  It makes me want to hop into a PONTIAC!  WE BUILD EXCITEMENT!!!!!  *Plays electric guitar riff and slides on knees.*

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-08-19 15:14:34 »

Last post from me now.  So hopefully you watched the previous Pontiac ad above, at least it had a Firebird in it, which was a fun sporty car....

But now, look at this Pontiac LeMans.  This care does not represent that name well at all, lol.  They play the same hyped up music for a turd economy hatchback.  Very funny how they build it up still.

« Last Edit: 2016-08-19 15:14:50 by RainySunshine » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-08-19 15:17:35 »

Those were all extremely corny, and I think I actually remember the Pontiac ads.... I feel old and sad.  But I was really young.  Or maybe I am just nuts and don't remember them. 

So GM seems to have been like the leaders of making cheesy car ads.  I up you one with the Oldsmobile ad here.  They clearly sing, this isn't your fathers car....

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-08-19 15:20:17 »

GM must had had a special buy 2 themes, get 4 free kind of thing.  Every brand of theirs had a rock theme song.  You can listen to Oldsmobile's here, which the chorus is screaming, "Not your fathers Olds."  Listen here then enjoy this spy themed ad with explosions and tear gas?  Yeah, that is how you sell a car to the younger demo.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-08-19 15:25:18 »

Oh my gosh!  These are terrific!  Already I've had more laughs today with this then I expected.  Those are ridiculous. 

Here is one that only some quality folks in the south could produce... some local dealerships.  There are so many bad local tv ads, but hopefully this will make you laugh.  It involves turkey's, guns, and turkey's with guns.  Because screaming in an ad so the mic cracks if a good thing in an ad.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-08-19 15:53:33 »

This isn't a bad ad, it's just funny.... because IT'S AN ADVERTISEMENT.

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-08-19 17:31:49 »

It's a CAR!!!

WAOW

SNEE
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-08-19 18:03:37 »

Top it.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-08-19 19:39:15 »

Those car ads were ultimate cheese factor.  The Pontiac ones and the Oldsmobile ones especially made me laugh out loud.  Also... IT'S A CAR.  :D 

The Steven Seagal energy drink isn't real and it was never advertised on tv.  It was a mock thing. 
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-08-19 22:04:16 »

All the cars ads were funny including the salespeople with guns, that was pretty bad, lol! 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-08-19 22:11:19 »

Cheesy and funny.  Vern Fonk Insurance is a local insurance company in the Seattle area, up in Washington, but they are pretty well known for ridiculous commercials.  How about some Back to the Future? 

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-08-19 23:29:54 »

All right... those who have followed me for some time, as you know, are familiar with my fascination-- some might term it an obsession-- for these spots.

It's a local tax prep place here in the Mid-South that got into some trouble a while back for defrauding its customers.  After overhauling its public image, changing its name, and shaking up its management, MMT appears to have dropped completely off the map... taking its ads with it.    :(

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-08-20 00:12:05 »

These are all pretty good.  I do find the Vern Fonk one very funny and the "it's a car!" one.  Mo Money was a jumbled mess!  Lol!  I barely understood what anyone was saying. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Bad, Cheesy, Lame, Television Commercials « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024