PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 98 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: World News  (Read 298320 times)
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: 2016-05-24 13:25:11 »

*spit-take* O_O
« Last Edit: 2016-05-24 13:25:31 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: 2016-05-24 20:05:43 »

Yeesh, the worst thing they did in the boys' room at my high school was shoot craps. (By which I mean playing dice, not, you know, poop crap.)

You don't do that sort of thing in the bathroom, guys.    That's what broom closets are for.    ;)

Paris mayor moves to stop public urinating
See, the way that title is phrased it sounds like the mayor himself has been peeing in public.   I did not realize the problem of public urination was so bad in France.

Police kill 107-year-old man in shootout
Um...wow.   How dangerous is a 107-year-old guy that it takes an entire SWAT team to take his wrinkly butt down?

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #77 on: 2016-05-25 08:56:29 »

^ No joke, public urination in France (specifically the big cities) is actually an ongoing issue.  It is becoming a greater issue too, due in part to incoming refugee's from developing nations in certain quarters of varying cities.  I read about this in depth somewhere and if I re-find the article, I will share it.

That 107 year old man must have been truly frightening to waste all that tax payer money.  I like the police, but when I read something like that, I am pretty sure they didn't need to go all out.... but hey, I wasn't there, and I know they all want to get home to their families.  So safety first.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: 2016-05-28 17:25:57 »

Latest from Venezuela, the quick decline of a developing nation.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-28 17:26:05 by RainySunshine » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #79 on: 2016-05-29 12:33:40 »

Happy Memorial Day.  I got to thank all our veterans for their sacrifices.  Sometimes I look around and wonder if people if even care.  Looking at this country, it seems so many people want it radically changed and different...

Nonetheless, I have to thank our veterans, and I will let them know that I personally will do what I can to keep the American dream alive, and fight for the freedoms they fought for. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #80 on: 2016-06-12 18:46:36 »

Over 50 killed by terrorist in Florida night bar.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #81 on: 2016-06-12 19:09:38 »

Over 50 killed? First I heard it was 20 killed and 50 some injured. Did that many die from their injuries? That's really sad. My thought go out to those who were hurt and the families of those that lost loved ones.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #82 on: 2016-06-12 20:39:28 »

^ Sounds like it was 50 killed from gun shots wounds by this radical nut job terrorist. 

The FBI identified the gunman as Omar Mateen who was 29, and had a three year old child.  He had already been separated from his wife whom he regularly beat and he was a radicalized Muslim.  ISIS sympathizers have praised this killer for his actions. 

This is the most deadly terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11 2001.

Police were in a standoff for nearly 3 hours before ramming a Bearcat armored police vehicle into the building and firing at the suspect and releasing all the hostages they could.  Another 53 were hospitalized.  It appears no officers were injured from what I can tell. 
« Last Edit: 2016-06-12 20:43:25 by MasterXtreme » Logged
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #83 on: 2016-06-13 08:12:11 »

For many years, I and many others have been commenting that this obsession with bombs, both by terrorists and law enforcement, is pretty silly since a far higher number of deaths could be achieved by gunmen.  We've even used this as evidence that killing people is not the core aim of terrorists, but rather that they are seeking attention and spectacle, and thus that fearing them is not only playing into their hands but thoroughly irrational.

Going by the last couple of years, it's starting to look like there's been something of a pivot towards seeking casualties.  I don't know enough to say whether this is specifically an ISIS thing, but correlation is wiggling its eyebrows at me.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: 2016-06-13 10:16:05 »

For many years, I and many others have been commenting that this obsession with bombs, both by terrorists and law enforcement, is pretty silly since a far higher number of deaths could be achieved by gunmen.  We've even used this as evidence that killing people is not the core aim of terrorists, but rather that they are seeking attention and spectacle, and thus that fearing them is not only playing into their hands but thoroughly irrational.

Going by the last couple of years, it's starting to look like there's been something of a pivot towards seeking casualties.  I don't know enough to say whether this is specifically an ISIS thing, but correlation is wiggling its eyebrows at me.

Attention seeking and dying for their cause is what a lot of them go by.  They view it as martyrdom. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #85 on: 2016-06-13 14:38:21 »

I thought ISIS had said the guy was affiliated with them. Guess I heard the news wrong from my friend.

I hate to mention this among all of this sadness and casualty but... Peru finally actually won at football. Against Brazil. For the first time in 41 YEARS!
By a hand goal.
That shouldn't have counted...
Peru still won.
Yay?

HulkbowSMASH

PSF Tourist

Email
« Reply #86 on: 2016-06-13 15:40:59 »

correlation is wiggling its eyebrows at me.
Correlation is a saucy wench.

I recall seeing somewhere that the shooter called 911 to say he was doing it for Daesh, though I'm far too lazy to look up a citation right now.  I also have a rather morbid fascination for how people seem to get the martyrdom bug like it's a communicable virus.  It's like, one day just sitting there in your office job pushing papers, then suddenly you come down with a bad case of extremism.

Not to make light of the situation.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: 2016-06-14 01:04:39 »

Fart causes fight in another Florida hotspot

I have a feeling this guy's girlfriend actually cut the squeaker, but didn't want to own up to it....

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #88 on: 2016-06-14 04:07:09 »

Florida man is back at it again!

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: 2016-06-14 11:49:18 »

Well...

Radicalized convict stabs French police captain to death, then tortures wife in front of toddler, all while live streaming it to Facebook.  Done as an act of terror, or according to the killer, a "Ramadan sacrifice."

German ten year bonds will now have negative returns, first time ever.

Polls show Britain supported EU leave more then ever.

London's first Muslim mayor bans ads with sexualized women on all public transit.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 98 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024