PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "The Times They Are A Changeling" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "The Times They Are A Changeling"  (Read 13168 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-08-21 21:11:40 »

Was a good episode.  8/10.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-08-22 16:20:32 »

I want to see this episode, it sounds like it was good. 
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-08-22 16:44:32 »

I really liked the song.  I think it was my fav song in several seasons.  Also the episode itself was really enjoyable.  I was so happy to see it, especially coming off the last two episodes which were pretty bland. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-08-23 21:36:16 »

I thought this episode was pretty fun to watch and it seemed to have quite a bit of foreshadowing for the season finale. I still don't trust Thorax to the extent that he could have a significant role in the finale so I'll just have to wait and see.  I am probably looking too deep into this. 

Starlight stood around Sunburst a lot. ;)

Spike proved once again that he can be taken seriously.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: 2016-08-25 15:28:42 »

So why did Thorax act all weird around love to begin with, then by the end of the episode not?

Did he feed off the love?  Is that bad, or are they just gonna let him do that?  I'm confused.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2016-08-25 15:36:08 »

Nyeh... Should I copy paste my response from the other thread?

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: 2016-08-25 15:37:22 »

Kyrl's crazy headcanon time (Cause he's using this for his story with the changeling spy)
Thorax was canon-fodder.  He was never taught how to really control his urges so he could properly infiltrate things or do much other than snarl and be scary.  Changing into stuff is something all changelings can do, so he could still do that, abet he wasn't the best at mimicry. 
So what changed?  Well, he got used to the regular levels of love from Spike and the rest over the course of the episode.  The baby Alicorn had an absurd amount of love, and he reacted because it was like there was prime rib dangling in front of his face and he'd been eating nothing but crackers for a week, and that's after not eating anything for who knows how long.
But, he spent time in the general area with the baby so, maybe he just adjusted to the love levels?
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2016-08-25 15:38:25 »

Okay, so I feel the difference is, like how I briefly mentioned in my other comment is that they were giving the love to him. He was like, it was consensual love giving (Aaawwww yeaaaaah). While other Changeling steal love. Taking it away from other ponies, tricking them into giving them their love under false pretenses. Under disguise. While he's just there as a changeling, being given the love with no tricks. They know who he is, they know what he is. And they're giving him a chance.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-25 15:39:25 by LP » Logged

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: 2016-08-25 15:40:22 »

Both of you guys had good responses.  I might have to take aspects of both and piece together my own puzzle.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: 2016-08-25 19:30:12 »

Sort of like Monsters Inc., where laughter is found to be ten times more powerful than fear, and much more fun and easier to elicit.

Okay, Ponies and a Bob Dylan-inspired title.  Cue fanboy "squee"... followed by hacking cough, because I'm too damn old to squee like a schoolgirl.

Did the gang (or the writers) forget about the changeling who was a guest at Cranky Doodle and Matilda's wedding? They know that at least one can be trusted.

It's been a while since we saw Twi and Cadence perform that silly nursery rhyme. I guess our little Princess of Friendship isn't too dignified for childhood silliness after all.

If magic can be studied and recorded in books, then it must, to some degree, obey the laws of science. Perhaps not our human science, but there must be some basic rules of physics, chemistry, and mathematics-- be it a changeling assuming a disguise, or turning lead into gold.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2016-08-25 23:20:30 »

It's been a while since we saw Twi and Cadence perform that silly nursery rhyme. I guess our little Princess of Friendship isn't too dignified for childhood silliness after all.

Dignified enough where she barely shook her booty.  I was so disappointed in Twi's booty shake.  She didn't even try. 

Did the gang (or the writers) forget about the changeling who was a guest at Cranky Doodle and Matilda's wedding?

I thought the same thing.
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: 2016-08-26 14:24:39 »

there must be some basic rules of physics, chemistry, and mathematics-- be it a changeling assuming a disguise, or turning lead into gold.

Everything that happens in the show supports otherwise.  I don't think the writers are too concerned with physics, human or otherwise. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: 2016-08-26 16:59:45 »

As much as we would like to over analyze things, I am pretty sure the creators of this show don't.  They don't get much deeper on topics then what we often see, it is a kids show. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2016-08-26 17:01:45 »

Well... That's the point of us doing it. They leave it so empty that it lets us deeply analyze it whatever we want.
Saying we shouldn't just because it's a "kids show" is lame. Yes the show writers don't care as much and don't put that much thought in. But it just makes it more fun for us. Because we can use or imagination.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: 2016-08-26 17:08:02 »

So I guess it is a good thing.  I wonder if the fandom would be is big if they just explained it all and left nothing for us to discuss? 
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "The Times They Are A Changeling" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024