PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Crow remake and my junior high crush Brandon Lee (M) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Crow remake and my junior high crush Brandon Lee (M)  (Read 27 times)
Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2024-03-24 22:21:01 »

This might be old news to a lot of people but I literally just found out that they made a remake of The Crow and it's coming out this Summer. I have already seen how upset the internet is about this happening so I'm not here to do that. I just want to talk about junior high school Daphine. Back then I was so confused because of my having very strange feelings about a certain cartoon Great Dane that really made me feel like a freak. Here my friends at the lunch table would go on and on over other Hollywood heart throbs and all I wanted was to feel like them and not how I was. Anyway I remember being in the school library after school with a couple of friends looking at People magazine when I saw my first picture of Brandon Lee and he was gorgeous :o They were talking about how he had just finished one movie Rapid Fire and was now going to make a movie called The Crow! Lucky for me my father and I were taking karate classes so I was able to convince him to take me to see Rapid Fire without him knowing it was actually just to see Brandon ;D . Less than a year later I remember being at my locker before School started when one of my best friends came up to me to deliver the news that Brandon was dead! At first I honestly thought she was joking. When I realized she wasn't I did what any girl in the early stages of puberty would do, I burst into tears and had to go to the nurses office! When The Crow came out I remember being so mad at my father because he wouldn't take me to see it, being rated R and all. I had to wait till it came out on VHS and watch it at a friends house. He looked so beautiful in that movie with his long hair.
On to the remake. I must admit that I agree with a lot of people that this is one movie that didn't need to be remade. Simply enough a young man gave his life for that movie. Still I do understand that a whole new generation didn't grow up with that movie and my feeling for the original are still very strong. I just finished watching it again on Prime even though I have the DVD, the book that came out with the movie and even the book they wrote later about the making of the movie ;D
I just wanted to get this off of my chest and also prove that even I can have feelings for real men and not just Scooby Doo.

Brandon I still miss you :'(
https://imgur.com/a/G93DvuQ
https://imgur.com/a/E6k9lXW
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Crow remake and my junior high crush Brandon Lee (M) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024