PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  Creative  >  Artwork  >  Topic: Adorkable Twilight & Friends Series 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 587 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adorkable Twilight & Friends Series  (Read 161025 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4710 on: 2018-04-18 14:09:55 »

I like seeing Twi and Moon together, even if they are both awkward together. :D 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4711 on: 2018-04-18 18:32:57 »

I don't think Moondancer is qualified.  She has wishes and wants, but all I've seen from her is being a mooch and someone who moved away from their old home for unknown reasons.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4712 on: 2018-04-18 20:41:20 »

I like how Moondancer is so unwavering in her emotion.  I know she has feelings and emotion.  She is self-conscious as we have seen.  I just wonder how she hides it all so well.  She even hides it from herself.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #4713 on: 2018-04-18 20:52:43 »

I think that's why at least one fan theorizes she's on the autistic spectrum.  Although, we have seen her show empathy towards Pinkie Pie (coupled with a somewhat clinical diagnosis of having faked an attack on herself). Those with Asperger's and autism do feel emotions just as acutely as neurotypical folk, they're just more reserved about showing them than most.

Also, "free water".  I don't know why that makes me chuckle, but it does.   So Moonie....  ::|

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4714 on: 2018-04-18 20:59:53 »

^ I think Twi is just a dork.  She's captivated by her own little world and way of doing things, and feels sort of our of sorts having "fame" of a Princess.  Though in the Adorkable series, her princess-ness is really downplayed to the point that I don't think she really has much power or authority!  Hell, we still don't even know where she lives exactly!  We've never seen her castle and whenever we see her home's interior, it seems like a normal house!  I am willing to bet in this comic series, they live in a normal house!  But back to Twi's mental state.  I think she's just shy and doesn't know how to best handle situations like everyone in the world.  Some people are sure, she isn't.  She's cautious and second guess herself.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4715 on: 2018-04-18 21:10:52 »

Fan theories will be fan theories but I don't see Adorkable Twi having any disorder like that... though she may have ... okay... she does have social awkwardness down. ;D  Things are overly inflated in her mind emotionally in some instances, but I think that is normal in people who are unsure of themselves and not overly confident.  Twilight is not a confident girl as we have seen.  But when she is with someone she is comfortable with and loves, her negative emotions subside and she is much different.  The series has done a great job showing that I think. A big running theme is love and acceptance.  Friendships and how you treat others is definitely reoccurring too.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #4716 on: 2018-04-18 21:15:44 »

I love how in Monday's comic, Moondancer has a big grin on her face.  She's actually.... wow.... she's kinda cute when she smiles!  Did I just say that? 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4717 on: 2018-04-18 21:23:27 »

Actually, I was referring to Adorkable Moonie... who has actually gotten a lot more character development than Canon Moonie, who has yet to put in another (non-cameo speaking) appearance in MLP:FiM.  I say it's about time she visited the castle, maybe even went along on a friendship mission.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4718 on: 2018-04-18 21:54:29 »

Actually, I was referring to Adorkable Moonie... who has actually gotten a lot more character development than Canon Moonie, who has yet to put in another (non-cameo speaking) appearance in MLP:FiM.  I say it's about time she visited the castle, maybe even went along on a friendship mission.

I have wondered about Moonie's character both in the show and in the series.  In the series, her character has definitely been on the upward trend of being developed.  She's had a lot of airtime compared to her past, while Starlight has been heavily cut down to very little air time.  Starlight has only appeared twice in the last two months!

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4719 on: 2018-04-18 22:24:15 »

Well....

Spoiler (hover to show)
In an upcoming episode titled "Parent Map", Starlight and Sunburst go on a friendship mission together, back to a place that holds a lot of memories for the both of them.

I wonder if the comic will at least touch upon this or any other events of season 8, like introducing a hippogriff character, or Rainbow Dash's newfound friendship with Granny Smith and the other Gold Horseshoe Gals.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #4720 on: 2018-04-18 23:17:01 »

I have wondered about Moonie's character both in the show and in the series.  In the series, her character has definitely been on the upward trend of being developed.  She's had a lot of airtime compared to her past, while Starlight has been heavily cut down to very little air time.  Starlight has only appeared twice in the last two months!

yo are referring to Adorkable Twi I assume since yes, Moonie has had a lot more air time in the comic and Starlight has been fading as Spike has spent more time with Lily Valley.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #4721 on: 2018-04-18 23:18:21 »

Well....
I wonder if the comic will at least touch upon this or any other events of season 8, like introducing a hippogriff character, or Rainbow Dash's newfound friendship with Granny Smith and the other Gold Horseshoe Gals.

I highly doubt it.  It seems Adorkable doesn't follow from the show other then the basis of the basic characters names and up to the point when Twi got wings. After that is seems to be fair game for them to create whatever they want and not rely on anything from the show.  Seriously, very little is tied to the show other then names and character designs.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4722 on: 2018-04-18 23:38:44 »

I suppose so... though I couldn't help but notice that Sunburst started appearing in the comic right about the same time he became Flurry Hearts' crystaller in show canon.  Perhaps they figured he'd stick around for a bit and made him a semi-regular in the strips... it's worthy to note that ADT Sunburst and ADT Starlight share no scenes, but we've seen him trying to groom and dress to impress an as-yet-unnamed mare-- which some suspect is Twilight herself (using the baby as his "in", perhaps).  But, now, with their brief interaction a couple strips ago, it seems Moonie's staring at Sun-boy with a look that's a little bit ...well... moony.   :nervoussmile:
« Last Edit: 2018-04-18 23:42:30 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4723 on: 2018-04-19 14:03:48 »

I suppose so... though I couldn't help but notice that Sunburst started appearing in the comic right about the same time he became Flurry Hearts' crystaller in show canon.  Perhaps they figured he'd stick around for a bit and made him a semi-regular in the strips... it's worthy to note that ADT Sunburst and ADT Starlight share no scenes, but we've seen him trying to groom and dress to impress an as-yet-unnamed mare-- which some suspect is Twilight herself (using the baby as his "in", perhaps).  But, now, with their brief interaction a couple strips ago, it seems Moonie's staring at Sun-boy with a look that's a little bit ...well... moony.   :nervoussmile:
@NostradamusTheSeer

Sunburst originaly was trying to impress Starlight.  It came down to Starlight saying she just wanted to be friends.  But you've missed some... they have appeared together in comics and they even hugged.

They had their BIG moment when they met at the church singles night.  This should answer a lot for you, Nostra.  BIG MOMENT

Then it was followed up with THIS which answers exactly what Starlight said to him. 

Which has led to Roseluck helping Sunburst find a new mare instead of Starlight.  HERE  Some are insisting Rose is actually grooming Sunburst to like her!

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4724 on: 2018-04-19 21:28:43 »

Sunburst and Starlight have met face to face.  If you missed that, then you missed a big story chunk there, Nostradamus. :)
Pages: < 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 587 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  Creative  >  Artwork  >  Topic: Adorkable Twilight & Friends Series « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024