PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Terraria, interested to join? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terraria, interested to join?  (Read 766 times)
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« on: 2022-06-11 05:51:22 »

I was wondering, if I made a new world in Terraria and shared the seed/server of the world, would there be anyone interested in joining?

Terraria is a land of adventure! A land of mystery! A land that's yours to shape, defend, and enjoy. Your options in Terraria are limitless. Are you an action gamer with an itchy trigger finger? A master builder? A collector? An explorer? There's something for everyone!

Start by building basic shelter, then dig for ore and other resources. Discover and craft over 500 weapons of magic, ranged, melee and summon varieties, as well as armor, and use them to battle hundreds of different enemies. Soon you'll be going head-to-head with any of a dozen enormous bosses. Go fishing, ride a mount, find Floating Islands, build houses for helpful NPCs, and much, much more.
(copied from Terraria page)

In Terraria you can:
- Dig
- Fish
- Explore
- Discover
- Fight monsters/bosses
- Upgrade your items
- Build houses
- Interior designing
- Catch animals
- Live in biomes like
Desert
Snow
Jungle
Ocean
Forest
Corruption (Dangerous!)
Crimson (Dangerous!)
Hallow (after unlocking hardmode)
And SO much more!

As you might already tell, Terraria is one of my all time favorite games, since there is SO much to do and i've usually playing solo or with my partner, but i was thinking why not ask here if anyone wants to join. I'm pretty terrified of joining online games, since i dont know what kind of place i'm jumping into, but in here everyone seems so chill and kind that I would love to share a world with all of you, where we could explore individually or in teams, we could build houses, gather resources, plan for the boss battles and help eachother out and chat away!

Only downside could be that I have Terraria on Steam and I dont think it has option for shared platforms, but i could be wrong. But if it's correct, you would need the game on pc. Also I'm not 100% sure how the steam cloud save works, but atleast the single character items should be saved on your own character, which is saved on your own pc and not in my world. So if there are some items that you dont want to share, you should keep them on your piggy bank or your own character inventory.

I could also hold the creation of the world so if there are any new players interested and want to save some money by buying the game from summer sale, that would be perfectly fine with me too, since i can always play my solo games until then.

I will start the game with new character, so I will be having the starter items and nothing more. If there are some who want to use their older characters, it's fine, but I would suggest not to bring any special items to give too far advantage over the beginners or the whole gameplay and there is always the risk of corrupt files thus losing the special items, so personally i would just make completely new character, so we all start from scratch XD

My settings for new Terraria games are expert for the whole world and classic for the characters, so when you happen to get killed, you lose only some of your money, but you get tot keep all the items/resources you've found.

Thou to keep it from random people showing up, I will lock the world behind a password that i will be sharing with those who are interested to join and even if you change your mind, it's no problem. You can come and go as you please, thou the time zone issue might require like specific scheduling from my part, since i have monday to wednesday as occupied, thus cant stay up too late. But after wednesday i'll be free to stay as late as i can or I could share the world files with another person from different time zone who could keep the server running while i'm away/sleeping XD

I have no idea how to write things short, so sorry for really long post, I'm just really excited of the idea X3
Now excuse me, Terraria calls! :))

PM me for want free art! Everybody is welcome to request~

If you want to learn more about "my" Nemesis Prime as RP character click
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2022-06-11 17:55:14 »

I've never owned Terraria.  So here's the story.  My friends and I all bought Minecraft way back when.  A bit after Terraria came out and one of my friends bought it and told us all to buy it, but none of us did because we were too busy with Minecraft.  A decade later (lol) I still Minecraft and don't have Terraria.  I just don't know if I can honestly have time for everything.  I do want to try it someday, but I will also say the 2D/side scrolling format of Terraria doesn't interest me all that much. 

I know it's a good game based on how many people love.  Maybe someday I will buy it, try it, etc.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2022-06-11 18:19:39 »

Sorry, I don't own Terraria.  If it goes on sale, I might pick it up.  It's always been on my watchlist, but I've never been compelled enough to buy it.  I have been a Minecraft lifer.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2022-06-11 18:28:26 »

You'd think I would own Terraria, but I don't.  I was playing Minecraft when this came out and at the time everyone just said it's Minecraft with side-scrolling.  I don't like side-scrolling, so I probably won't do it.  But I also know the game is way diff than Minecraft. ;D 

Thank you for the kind offer.  I just don't have much time for games beyond the one's I really enjoy right now.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2022-06-11 18:29:46 »

I mean, you got to give Prime here some credit.  They are selling this game like no one else can! ;D  The passion and enthusiasm is great here!  ;D

Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2022-06-12 06:18:56 »

Darn, sounds like everyone has been much more into minecraft, while i've not been interested in minecraft at all ;D Maybe it is because i'm like super mario child at heart, the old sidescrolling mario games were my life juice when i was a kid and i still love them today and i'm pretty much drawn into super colorful 2D pixel worlds, so terraria was a big hit for me. I have watched my partner playing minecraft and i've tested PixArk which is kinda like Ark survival game in 3D pixel world, but that didnt really get me into it, I'd rather play 3D games with a bit more details than pixels :))
I'm not completely sure how much different minecraft is compared to terraria except the point of view and the enemies/friendly creatures, but the basic point is kinda same, dig, build and discover! XD Thou one thing that did kinda bother me alot in minecraft was that there is basically time limit of how long you can be exploring, since there is the hunger meter or something? Correct me if i'm wrong XD But I dont like things like that, it gives me anxiety and stresses me out, while i just want to have some fun and chill play time. Foods in terraria are mainly used for buffs like potions and stuff where you get some bonuses, like you can dig faster and in longer reach or gives you a bit of defense buff, but it's not necessary to use. So you can just explore as long as you have inventory space and dont drop to your death. Sudden cliffs are my weak points, i've fallen off so many times! XD
But i do understand that if you dont like sidescrolling, it can be kinda issue in Terraria since the whole map is from side to side, but there is also bottom and top sides as well, so you can dig DEEP, but it might get a little boring if you're not too interested in such. I just love to find hidden cabins and grab ALL the LOOT until my inventory is so full that i have to start making sacrifices on what i can take with me and what not XD

But as long as I'm here, my offer will stay up! Terraria takes so little space that i dont think i will be removing it from my games list anytime soon anyway ;D There is always time in the future, so if anyone gets interested enough to check it out, I'll be always available for guidance! ;D

PM me for want free art! Everybody is welcome to request~

If you want to learn more about "my" Nemesis Prime as RP character click
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2022-06-13 14:53:07 »

That is possible, lol.  See, I was never a Mario guy.  I preferred the Playstation offering.  Oh how I miss the old days of console battles in grade school, lol.

I hope you find some players. Who knows, I may pick it up someday too.
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2022-06-13 22:25:13 »

Awww, sorry about that.  I'm Minecraft also.  One of my best friend's growing up bought Terraria and always wanted me to buy it and play with him, but I never did (because I'm mean, lol).  To this day I still play Minecraft though on a server with friends because... we're... childish adults. ;D

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Terraria, interested to join? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024