PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Worst animated films? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worst animated films?  (Read 20459 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-08-29 20:34:57 »

So unlike Grapefoot's topic which focuses on the positives of animation, this topic by MS does not force on just the animation it seems.  So I was wrong posting what I did.  Here is what MS said.

"What are some of the laziest, disappointing, most boring, or just plain dislikable movies from our childhoods or animated movies of today?"

Lazy can be animation, disappointing can be story or animation.  Boring is usually not animation.  So I guess this is just a general topic about films we don't like.  Not just animation being a parameter. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-08-29 20:39:43 »

Why don't we make it similar to Grapefoot's topic and make this about animation?
And then maybe a separate topic about movies with a horrible story, even if the animation is good. Like the Equestria Girls movies.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-08-29 20:49:08 »

Why don't we make it similar to Grapefoot's topic and make this about animation?
And then maybe a separate topic about movies with a horrible story, even if the animation is good. Like the Equestria Girls movies.

I like that idea.  But since MS created this to be about anything in the film, I think the next topic we make should be about bad animation.  I will just move my three posts over. ;) 

Animated Abominations in Film?  is that a topic name?  ;) 
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29 20:49:42 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-08-29 20:53:39 »

Let grape make his marvel in animated television topic too, no one take that away from him. ;)  Who wants to make the badly animated topic?  LP?  Darrin? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-08-29 21:01:52 »

Well, Mr. Enter uses Animated Atrocities for badly animated films. And I think also for bad stories, but they tend to go hand and hand. And yeah, let's not take away Grape's other topic idea.

But the thing is, MS' topic is called bad animations. Therefore the thread is about bad animated movies. It says it in the title. Bad animations.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29 21:02:32 by LP » Logged

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-08-29 21:03:05 »

I don't know if Grape intended to make a topic for bad animation.  I think our resident writer was looking to praise animation, and not story work, lol.  Writer going for art, lol. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-08-29 21:05:31 »

So yeah, so bad stories shouldn't go in this topic then. Just movies that were badly animated. But he didn't set up parameters. Do all movies count? Or only ones that got theatrical releases? Or do the direct to DVD/VHS ones count too? MS didn't give us much rules....

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-08-29 21:07:45 »

He set no parameters but reading what he said, he doesn't seem to care if it was bad animation or bad writing.  Bad animation, bad stories, boring films, can all be included in this topic.  So no focusing on just animation.  A new topic would have to be made to focus just on animation.  Grapefoot specified if the film had to be in theaters, this topic does not.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-08-29 21:08:10 »

I think direct to home films count.  He never said anything about them not being included.  He didn't even say it was limited to animation.... just any films in our childhood... heck, maybe in my childhood I watched the "The Shining" and hated it. 
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29 21:08:43 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-08-29 21:10:03 »

But... The topic name is worst animated films. Unless he only said animated to disclude live action movies.
Blugh, would it be bad to make a new topic then that just focuses on the bad animation? Regardless of story? With the parameters Grape made?

But APD. Animated.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29 21:10:32 by LP » Logged

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-08-29 21:10:51 »

But... The topic name is worst animated films. Unless he only said animated to disclude live action movies.
Blugh, would it be bad to make a new topic then that just focuses on the bad animation? Regardless of story? With the parameters Grape made?

But APD. Animated.

No, we would just rename this topic a bit too when a mod comes on or MS. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-08-29 21:12:01 »

Oh my bad.  The title does specify animated... 

He also says the film can be from our childhood OR today... So this is pretty much a big huge mush of everything together in one topic. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-08-29 21:12:30 »

This topic isn't just focusing on animation, but everything.  JUST BAD ANIMATED MOVIES.  There, I think I got it.

BAD ANIMATED MOVIES. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-08-29 21:12:53 »

Bad animated movies, even if it had good animation.  Got it.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-08-29 21:19:29 »

Why rename the topic? It does just say bad animated movies. But that includes story. And if we just didn't like it as a kid, which I find kind of unfair to some movies. Like the aforementioned Watership Down. Which yeah, okay you didn't like it as a kid, but it is a fantastic movie. There is like, nothing bad about it. It's just dark.

Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Worst animated films? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024