PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Animated Marvels in Film 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Animated Marvels in Film  (Read 19424 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-08-17 21:53:28 »

It's not really marvelous. They don't really have any stand out scenes in it like Coraline or ParaNorman. It was average. Simple.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-08-17 21:54:30 »

A movie that might have amazing animation in a totally unique style is "The Book of Life."  Latin in flavor and design.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-17 21:54:40 by Smiles2us » Logged
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-08-17 22:01:04 »

A movie that might have amazing animation in a totally unique style is "The Book of Life."  Latin in flavor and design.

Have not seen that either.  It didn't appeal to me, it looked too busy, but I am sure the animation is unique.  I enjoyed MasterX's little break down of the films he posted.  I can totally see where he is coming from, and I would listen more to what he says then my novice reasoning.  He actually draws. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-08-17 22:04:29 »

I watched that movie. I... Personally hated the style. Also, what was with the random pop music in the middle of a Latin style movie? I also felt it was incredibly cliche. Though I did love La Muerte and the gray dudes design. Totally reminded me of Discord. I will say though, there is one VERY beautiful scene in the movie. Won't give spoilers, but it's near the end. And it involves a song that wasn't pop-y. Very touching scene, I felt.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-08-17 22:05:41 »

I watched that movie. I... Personally hated the style. Also, what was with the random pop music in the middle of a Latin style movie? I also felt it was incredibly cliche. Though I did love La Muerte and the gray dudes design. Totally reminded me of Discord. I will say though, there is one VERY beautiful scene in the movie. Won't give spoilers, but it's near the end. And it involves a song that wasn't pop-y. Very touching scene, I felt.

I don't plan on watching it.  Maybe I will see if I can find it?  Any idea what the song was playing during that scene? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-08-17 22:09:59 »

I think it was an original song written for the movie. You should see it. My friends seemed to adore it. They liked the unique style, I just thought it was ugly. With the weird noses and pig noses. They just weirded me out haha.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-08-17 22:12:59 »

I am watching bits of it... it's just too clustered and busy.  That guy who made the film has tried to bring many Latin trends to cartoons.  He did Mucha Lucha and El Tigre and stuff. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-08-17 22:16:34 »

Lol, what bits are to watching? Because there's like 3 moments it gets super busy and crazy.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-08-17 22:17:34 »

I was just watching the bits in the trailer is all. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-08-17 22:19:08 »

Oh yeah, no yeah, the trailers are very crazy. I recommend just watching the movie.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-08-17 22:20:54 »

My eyes hurt with all the crazy stuff going on in the trailer.  I decided to take a peek at it. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-08-18 01:45:40 »

The BFG... an adaptation of one of Roald Dahl's perhaps lesser-known, but no less charming  works. Strong artwork, interesting characters, a good message about friendship and not judging by appearances, and a catchy musical number about ... flatulence.

Later on, The Queen of England seems to be a good sport about all this "whizpop" business.. though if a 22-foot tall fellow wishes to pass gas in front of you, there's not a damn sight much you can do to stop him, is there?....

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-08-18 08:01:23 »

I know that these two movies are not the best in quality but the impact they had on animation as a whole is felt in a lot of homes. Christmas classics like Rudolph the Red Nosed rain deer and How the Grinch Stole Christmas were the movies I was thinking about.

Wallace and grumet is another movie that made a big impact with the style it uses.

The Simpsons movie is honestly one of the best movies based on a tv show cartoon.

Beauty and the Beast and Lion King were two of the best 2D drawn movies made by Disney that I can think of.

I love the movies that have been mentioned on this topic so far! The book of life I definitely do not think is one of the best. It is average to me but honestly I enjoyed it :) I had a very silly and very short sneeze story in my head just focusing on la muerte and the character very similar to Discord XD death teasing life's nose to win a bet 

Out of the listed movies already said are Balto, Prince of Egypt, and Hunchback of Notre Dame are in the top 50
« Last Edit: 2016-08-18 08:05:53 by mysteryserpent » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-08-18 09:50:54 »

Considering how old Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is, it certainly deserves a mention in animation. It was all clay Mario i think and same for Wallace and Gromit.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-08-18 09:54:10 »

Well, Rudlolph wasn't really marvelous in terms of animation. Sure it's old and was influential, but the animation it self was.... Eh?

Wallace and Gromit is awesome, but again, nothing really spectacular in terms in animation. Sure, animating clay is super hard and long. But it's simple. Compare to Coraline and ParaNorman, amazing claymation.

Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Animated Marvels in Film « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024