PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Forgotten Animated Shows 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forgotten Animated Shows  (Read 15518 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2017-03-04 22:20:18 »

So what are animated shows that you feel got completely forgotten with time, or ended too quickly and have been forgotten? Maybe they were a show that left no impact or were really bad and forgettable to begin with.  Share your Forgotten animated television shows here!  Please share no more then THREE videos per post.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-04 22:21:00 by Silverwing » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2017-03-04 22:23:24 »

So I will start us out with a show Cartoon Network had high hopes for.  It was in the same realm of Kim Possible, American Dragon: Jack Long, and Xiaolin Showdown, but never got as popular as it possibly deserved to be.  The network spent a good amount of money on animation, but it just never came through for them.  The show i am talking about is; "The Life and Times of Juniper Lee."  It silently got to 40 episodes and was shunned to the "death hour" on television and Cartoon Network silently had it disappear.

« Last Edit: 2017-03-04 22:25:55 by Silverwing » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-03-04 22:27:59 »

Very very true.  I forgot about that show existing.  It wasn't like it was bad.  It just didn't keep me coming back for more.  I guess it was sort of bland or something... or something was missing.  Not sure what it was.  Shame, it had potential. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-03-04 22:30:58 »

I didn't realize it had 3 seasons.  But it was so silently on the network, no wonder it was forgotten.

A show in a similar vein, also taking place in San Francisco was, "The Mighty B" with Amy Poehler.  Completely forgotten.  Nick promoted it was a new show coming, then sent it down the toilet very fast, despite seeming to try again with the show for a short time when they ran out of other shows to show. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2017-03-04 22:32:15 »

Nick had a lot of shows that were quickly forgotten.  I know a lot of people like, "Danny Phantom," but it was cancelled fairly quickly and didn't leave a mark on the animation industry.  Same with TUFF Puppy, also by Butch Hartman.  Both appear then disappeared as fast as they came, despite both having dedicated fan clubs.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2017-03-04 22:35:26 »

Another show that is forgotten among the public was "As Told By Ginger." 

But you wouldn't know it if you listened to Nickelodeon.  The show got poor ratings, but Nick kept it alive for a pretty long time, though they didn't promote it till the show was about to end, and now they promote it as being a show of character evolving and having a female lead.  I really think they just had to make a deal with Classy Kuspo before they quit with them... sort of send them off well, even though their shows were going downhill. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2017-03-04 22:56:14 »

Here are two very forgotten shows trying to capitalize off "The Incredibles" film from Pixar.

One was on Nickelodeon and the other on Cartoon Network.

First the "Secret Saturdays" on Cartoon Network.  Completely forgotten. 

The other was the horrendous show, "The X's." 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2017-03-04 23:12:56 »

Pelswick is a forgotten show that was on Nickelodeon.

Also now for two early ToonDisney shows; "The Weekenders" and "Lloyd in Space."  Apparently The Weekenders was a popular show, but I never watched it, because it was on ABC and UPN.  I only watched Nick and CN. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2017-03-04 23:38:14 »

Catscratch on Nickelodeon reminded people of the 90s toons, but was completely shunned by Nickelodeon as a show when it aired. 

This next show isn't even over yet, and it is already forgotten.  It is Bunnicula on Cartoon Network.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2017-03-04 23:41:46 »

Here are four more forgotten cartoons, all Canadian.  They probably are not even remembered by Canadian kids and they aren't even that old.

Wayside, Grojband, Scaredy Squirrel, and Kid vs. Kat.

Why is nearly every Canadian Cartoon Flash animated? 
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2017-03-04 23:42:19 »

Canada loves their Flash animation?

SNEE
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2017-03-04 23:45:22 »

Two more Canadian shows that are forgotten.

Spliced and Jimmy Two Shoes.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2017-03-04 23:47:30 »

Don't forget, "Almost Naked Animals" from our friends up north.

That is forgotten.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: 2017-03-04 23:50:25 »

Remember this show?  No?  Thats the point of this topic.  "Evil Con Carne" took place in the same universe as "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" and had many cross episodes. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2017-03-04 23:59:11 »

So here's a question?
Are you asking people to go look for shows forgetten about just to keep posting links? Or are they actually supposed to have seen/remembered them and have noticed they have been forgetten or never talked about?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Forgotten Animated Shows « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024