PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: What people should know about 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What people should know about  (Read 1103 times)
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2023-02-07 06:47:58 »

Pointing out which is calling them out is illegally disrespectful and cruel.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2023-02-07 10:30:04 »

No it isn't.  You might want to look into the definitions of words you are using, Dee. :) 

You are ignoring all the examples on the previous page. 

« Last Edit: 2023-02-07 10:33:15 by Silverwing » Logged
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2023-02-07 10:47:01 »

No it isn't.  You might want to look into the definitions of words you are using, Dee. :) 

You are ignoring all the examples on the previous page.

I’m trying to state that people should know that they are being mean and disrespectful when criticizing others.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2023-02-07 11:41:17 »

Honestly, if you weren't gonna accept anybody's response, you were better off not posting at all.

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: 2023-02-07 13:04:42 »

You can criticize someone politely. Sadly, it's a skill many haven't seemed to develop.

Punishment can be instructive, but it must fit the crime. Sadly, again, a skill many haven't developed.

I was told by my former employer that I was insincere because my "remorse stemmed from getting caught, not from being sorry about what I had done".  Well... yeah.  I wasn't actually sorry, so my apology rang hollow. When you're simply making a perfunctory effort to just make it all go away, only saying what you think they want to hear, people can tell.

That said, again, the punishment must be appropriate and the seriousness of the crime duly imparted. Gassing and incinerating ten million Jews and undesirables is a far cry from telling a mildly offensive joke at the company office party. Both do hurt someone, but we must take scope and intent into consideration. An unthinking oversight on my part that could open up the company I work for to a lawsuit is bad, and by all means it should be addressed, but I should not be treated like I came into the office one afternoon, dropped my britches, and gleefully defecated onto the boss' desk. And, yet another sad fact of life, "While I recognize your distress over my behavior and actions, and I do feel sick about it, believe me, I didn't do anything to feel sorry for", while a perfectly straightforward response, isn't what a boss wants to hear. They want your scalp.

And this is why I don't want to work for anyone.  I simply can't take the abuse.

« Last Edit: 2023-02-07 13:04:59 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2023-02-07 14:33:02 »

I’m trying to state that people should know that they are being mean and disrespectful when criticizing others.

DEE.  Listen to me here.  Criticizing isn't wrong if you don't have a valid reason to do it.  I think you've accepted consequences now, so lets move on to criticizing.

Would you say it is fair to criticize and punish a criminal for their actions, when the criminal doesn't apologize or accept what they did is wrong?
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: What people should know about « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024