PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction"  (Read 18702 times)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: 2016-07-31 21:53:31 »

This season has me excited going forward. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2016-07-31 22:01:48 »

I've felt the ones I've watched are all meh.
Except for Saddle Row Review.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: 2016-07-31 22:05:13 »

I've felt the ones I've watched are all meh.
Except for Saddle Row Review.

You make me so sad, LP!  You downing on my season high!  How many have you watched this season? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #48 on: 2016-07-31 22:07:40 »

I'm sorry I'm being a Quibble. My enjoyment (or lack there of) shouldn't impact how you like the show. I just feel people saying it's the strongest season is... Exaggerated. It's just been full of very meh episodes. Or good at the start and then stupid or meh at the end. Or just lazy knock off the same story told over and over again, with just cut and paste characters here and there.

5 or 6 maybe?

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2016-07-31 22:10:01 »

I'm sorry I'm being a Quibble. My enjoyment (or lack there of) shouldn't impact how you like the show. I just feel people saying it's the strongest season is... Exaggerated. It's just been full of very meh episodes. Or good at the start and then stupid or meh at the end. Or just lazy knock off the same story told over and over again, with just cut and paste characters here and there.

5 or 6 maybe?

I will counter by saying the 5-6 you watched must have been the crummy ones, like that one with that Sapphire Spice pone or.... whatever her name was.  There were some meh episodes, definitely, this season. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #50 on: 2016-07-31 22:13:23 »

12 episodes were released before the break.
If 5-6 of them were meh, with even you saying they were meh = to half the episodes released being meh. I don't see how that equates to "strongest season". Even if the other 5-6 I saw are phenomal out of the park episodes, I still don't see how that makes it the strongest season so far.

I'll give it a chance, like I try to do. Hell, even has this episode a chance. Too bad Rainbow just... Ruins every episode she's in. It makes me sad honestly..... That I can't say I hate Rarity the most *starts weeping* because Rainbow is now the one I hate the mohohoooooost!

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2016-07-31 22:14:30 »

ANGRY MANCHILD WITH A NECKBEARD: GAAAAAHHH!! *Flips table over.*  Season 1 is the beeeehhhssst!  GAAAH!  Lauren Faust is the best and did everything for this show... even if she was not even there a season and didn't do a whole lot even then!!!! She only created the characters and world and all the talent and good stuff happened after she left!!!!!!
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: 2016-07-31 22:15:19 »

12 episodes were released before the break.
If 5-6 of them were meh, with even you saying they were meh = to half the episodes released being meh. I don't see how that equates to "strongest season". Even if the other 5-6 I saw are phenomal out of the park episodes, I still don't see how that makes it the strongest season so far.

I'll give it a chance, like I try to do. Hell, even has this episode a chance. Too bad Rainbow just... Ruins every episode she's in. It makes me sad honestly..... That I can't say I hate Rarity the most *starts weeping* because Rainbow is now the one I hate the mohohoooooost!

Yet you enjoy Dash sneezes?  RIGGGHHT?
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #53 on: 2016-07-31 22:16:02 »

Hahaha. I actually hate Season 1. And I think Lauren Faust was a terrible writer :P she lacked subtly so much. The show improved after she left. *prepares the shields*

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: 2016-07-31 22:17:37 »

Hahaha. I actually hate Season 1. And I think Lauren Faust was a terrible writer :P she lacked subtly so much. The show improved after she left. *prepares the shields*

I agree.

I don't think she was a terrible writer, but she did very little for the shows success.  The people who deserve the credit, aren't even known by the community. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2016-07-31 22:18:19 »

She gave the show it's new look, which really helped the success.  She made the framework, and that is about it.  It was the other writers who made it successful. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #56 on: 2016-07-31 22:19:28 »

Well, Jason Theison(?) and Meghan McCarthy are pretty well known. As well as Wootie. And Daniel Ingram who makes the fantastic songs is also well known.

But yeah, Lauren Faust is way too hyper glorified.

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: 2016-07-31 22:25:16 »

Lauren was an incredible world builder but a lackluster storyteller.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #58 on: 2016-07-31 22:25:59 »

She sort of seemed a bit pre-Madonna.  It was either her way, or she wasn't happy, then just left. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: 2016-07-31 22:26:40 »

You realize any other brony board, we would be burned at the stake. 
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024