PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Drawing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Drawing  (Read 11561 times)
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« on: 2016-05-06 16:00:18 »

How can i learn to draw as i can only trace at the moment.

I'm Sparky I'm known as a electric rodent :)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-06 16:04:23 »

Well, tracing isn't really drawing...
Like most people will probably say. Just practice. Tracing won't get you far. Use references. Stare at an image as you try to draw it. That's what I do.

There's also probably tutorials online and stuff.

Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-06 16:06:50 »

I know tracing isnt drawning thats why im asking.

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-06 16:31:04 »

Doodle a lot.  Doodle often.  Make the worst pieces of crap ever.  If only to get yourself comfortable making a ton of mistakes.  Once you get that out of the way, there are a lot of drawing tutorials on DA, Tumblr, etc.
What are you looking to draw? 
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-06 16:38:03 »

Tracing I think can help though.  But to get your own style, don't trace if you can help it.  Maybe look at something you want to learn to draw and try free hand drawing it.  Better yet, imagine in your head what to draw. :)

We got so many talented artists here that will probably chime in to help too. 

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-05-06 17:51:31 »

To be honest, Rain, I gotta disagree with you. Tracing does not help at all, because instead of learning and knowing the reasons as to why something is drawn the way it is, it's more so that you're just doing it because it's there. There's no actual learning going on.

Looking at a reference and copying from it, however, is what works. Because from there you can see the mistakes like "Oh the head is too big" or "Looks like the ear's a little off".

Start off with doodles, and from there if ya wanna get real serious with drawing, I'd just look up tutorials on Youtube or where ever you feel comfortable learning from.

Also, this is kinda something I notice, but a lot of beginner artists really hate using guide lines. Use them! Guidelines are your best friend! Eventually you won't even need them for anything!

SNEE
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-05-06 18:46:21 »

It is important to doodle on a piece of paper or notebook, Sparky. :)  Don't feel frustrated if something doesn't look like you want it too, just keep plugging away and having fun with it.  Sketching is a good thing too, because it isn't as precise or complete.  It can make your work look better oddly enough too!  It's fun!

If you want to contact me on anything, or have questions, I would be happy to help you. :) 
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-05-07 11:47:16 »

Well thanks for the feedback and I know I do get frustrated but that's something I have to work on I practice more when I have free time.

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-05-07 12:21:57 »

At any Walmart or main grocery store there should be a how to draw book of some kind. I suggest if you really want to learn to draw, look at those books and practice!!! Without practice looking is worthless. Also, YouTube. YouTube is great for having some tutorial videos that you can pause at any time to draw a line or two and then continue. You will be slow at first and sketchy but that is natural. Draw what you want to and honestly showing your art is a good way to improve, even if a drawing is not finished or does not look right. Friends will give honest feedback :)
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-05-07 13:43:20 »

Well I do have 500 sheets of paper I can use to practice on so I will try it soon.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-05-07 13:46:17 »

Also do like multiple doodles on one page, sometimes drawing small-ish helps, rather than trying to fill up the whole page, you know? It also saves paper ^^

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-05-07 15:35:48 »

^This. It's also a nice feeling looking out and seeing you did like....3 things a page.

SNEE
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-05-07 16:23:30 »

Thanks everyone for advice.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-05-10 12:29:30 »

Is there anything you have specific questions on, let me know. :)  I can try and help. 
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-05-10 14:11:12 »

Is there anything you have specific questions on, let me know. :)  I can try and help.

Well what materials would I need to start.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Drawing « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024