PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  Creative  >  Artwork  >  Topic: Adorkable Twilight & Friends Series 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 589 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adorkable Twilight & Friends Series  (Read 165821 times)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2016-02-23 12:57:34 »

Adorkable Twilight & Friends Series

Adorkable Twilight & Friends is a comic series made by, Adorkable Twilight & Friends.  This is our topic to discuss this series.

>Tumblr

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-23 12:59:32 »

So we all know this series is here because of the sneezy content and potential for more, given that it seems Twilight has allergies. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-23 13:07:27 »

I honestly love the humor of the comics. It's so mean to Twilight, yet it makes it funny with her attitude and her response to how others treat her. It's whacky, but not too out there.
Strangely, I also LOVE the design for spike. It's cute without making him pudgy and full of baby fat. He's all gangly, possibly showing he's older?

But yeah, the artist (if they're the same one who did the Octavia and Vinyl sneezes) seems to like drawing sneezes. And they're a bit more detailed than other artists sneezes. Sure it's just line art, but they show small nostril flares and air and sneeze nasties flying out.

Also, Raine, why post the tumblr link twice? Lol. Why not have the Tumblr be linked like you have it with the green text, and instead of tumblr being linked in the "adorkable twilight and friends" you link the artist on Derpibooru.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-23 13:12:50 »

I wasn't really a fan of this series when it came out... BUTT (heh heh, making a joke like the comic about TWILIGHT), I've GROWN (another joke) into it.  The drawing style has gotten better, but still is somewhat messy and "improper," or a lack of a better word.  It isn't trying to impress.  It just shows up as it is and that is what you get.  Take it or leave it kind of approach.

I hope to see them continue as it seems they haven't done much since 2015. 
Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-23 13:18:10 »

I really appreciate the colored outlines style that this series has; it sets itself apart from other pieces that I've seen. It's definitely an interesting spin on the character, and the humor is interesting. I agree with MasterXtreme -- the style has definitely gotten better compared to some of their older stuff, from the quick browse I took of their blog.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-23 14:19:37 »

Yeah, forgot this existed.  It's okay.  I like it far more then I used too, especially since it sets up Twi with a possible sneezy future. 

Is it weird this reminds me a bit of the PONY.MOV series? 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-02-23 14:21:12 »

I can understand where you could draw that comparison. The tone of the humor is similar in places.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-02-23 14:32:26 »

I can understand where you could draw that comparison. The tone of the humor is similar in places.

Okay, because I was worried it was just me.  There is some more adult-humor in some of the comics.  A lot of bashing of poor Twilight.  I think that could get old if they don't watch out. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-02-23 16:34:36 »

I've never actually taken a good look at this blog, although I like the humor. It's pretty damn cute too!

SNEE
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-02-23 20:48:34 »

So we all know this series is here because of the sneezy content and potential for more, given that it seems Twilight has allergies.
And apparently gas problems.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-02-23 22:48:26 »

That comic actually cracked me up. It's so immature but, so true to life.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-02-23 23:54:41 »

I've never actually taken a good look at this blog, although I like the humor. It's pretty damn cute too!

There is only twenty or so comics, so it is very easy to catch up.  It's pretty new.

I was 50/50 on it, but I am growing on it too.  I think this artist would be willing to draw more things then others might, in terms of fetishy material. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-02-23 23:56:07 »

And apparently gas problems.

ROFL!  What the heck?!?!!?  I totally didn't remember that, but totally funny!  This is what makes this comic so funny!  It just does that sort of real life stuff that happens and throws it in there.  Lol!  Love that!  So funny. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-02-24 08:29:41 »

I also really like how Twilight doesn't always take the crap people say about her. Like how she blew up the wall when she noticed all the graffiti.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-02-24 11:03:42 »

It gives her more personality instead of just giving in to it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 589 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  Creative  >  Artwork  >  Topic: Adorkable Twilight & Friends Series « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024