PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion  (Read 75936 times)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #240 on: 2020-01-12 17:21:14 »

Teen Titans GO! hasn't ended yet.

The 2011 Thundercats reboot was pretty good.  It was cancelled far too quickly.  But I know that action cartoons aren't very popular ratings wise.

The original Thundercats (1985-89) wasn't that good in my opinion either.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-12 17:21:43 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #241 on: 2020-01-18 16:02:20 »

ThunderCats Roar is being absolutely lambasted as CN's new low and most hated show.  I think that's extreme... but I haven't watched it yet. 

People always hated on Teen Titan's GO! too, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people said.  It was actually quite self aware of its humor and it was funny to me how they communicated to their fanbase and haters.

So I wonder how this show (ThunderCats Roar) will do?
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #242 on: 2020-01-18 16:15:47 »

It's pretty awful.  Ruins the characters and Tumblr art style that sucks.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #243 on: 2020-02-08 19:04:40 »

I didn't know this happened.  Late to the ball game.  That was short-lived.

OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes: Cancelled, No Season Four for Cartoon Network Series

Article

It’s a no for OK K.O. Let’s Be Heroes! Gizmodo reports Cartoon Network has cancelled the TV show after three seasons.

The animated series is set in the year 201X and follows the adventures of K.O. and his friends as they work at a hero supply shop. The series debuted in 2017 and premiered its third and final season this July.

During a recent interview with Den of Geek, series creator Ian Jones-Quartey revealed season three will be the last for OK K.O. Let’s Be Heroes!
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #244 on: 2020-02-08 20:32:37 »

I didn't know that show was cancelled already.  I thought it was decently popular... I guess it wasn't good enough.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #245 on: 2020-02-20 17:17:13 »

I've been rewatching the show, Chowder.  It's much better than I remember. 

This show was much better than I remember.  Not sure how they allowed this to pass filters, lol. 
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #246 on: 2020-02-21 13:25:33 »

^ I agree.  Also Flapjack was a great show too.  Both were at the same time period, but made at the wrong time on Cartoon Network.  This was when CN was doing their stupid live action period.

Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #247 on: 2020-02-23 17:17:58 »

I'm actually just about to rewatch Chowder and Flapjack. Chowder's first.  This s going to be fun.  It was a weird period for CN because I lost interest in their channel when they started doing CN Live. 

Flapjack and Chowder as a result didn't get the attention they probably deserved and were cancelled early because of that.

I'm here for the camaraderie.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #248 on: 2020-02-25 15:17:43 »

I'm actually just about to rewatch Chowder and Flapjack. Chowder's first.  This s going to be fun.  It was a weird period for CN because I lost interest in their channel when they started doing CN Live. 

Flapjack and Chowder as a result didn't get the attention they probably deserved and were cancelled early because of that.

Exactly right.  It's a shame because they truly didn't get the attention they deserved.  They could have been bigger hits, especially Flapjack.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #249 on: 2020-08-25 17:10:41 »

Cartoon Network's future possibly in HBO Max and Boomerang?  Sadly it seems they are revealing and releasing all their new shows on their streaming platforms...  This leaves the majority quite upset.

"Between the upcoming releases of Tig N Seek, Book 3 of Infinity Train, Summer Camp Island, and even Close Enough (formerly slated for TBS), I wonder how much stock the powers that be at WarnerMedia are putting into Max as the future home for this new original animated content?

Notice how most if not all of their new output has been slated for the platform as "Max Originals". Cartoon Network still has its designated app (which is of varying quality depending on which mobile OS you prefer), and quite a few former CN originals hosted on Max are additionally still hosted on Hulu as of this post. The network appears to be in a weird transitional limbo, it seems. Granted, I don't have cable and I have no intention of getting it any time in the foreseeable future, so this has no immediate effect on me since I consume the majority of my programming through streaming and/or online anyways.

On a broader scale, it just begs speculation as to what the media landscape in general will look like by the end of this decade. Food for thought."
Dean B. from Toonzone Forum.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #250 on: 2020-08-25 17:11:25 »

HBO MAX is an awful name for an all-in-one WarnerMedia streaming service.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #251 on: 2020-11-26 17:15:31 »

Tiny Toons reboot coming to Cartoon Network and HBO Max

Article Nov 2020

Tiny Toons Looniversity, a new series featuring the characters from the beloved 1990s animated series Tiny Toon Adventures, is coming to Cartoon Network and HBO Max. Like the original series, the reboot will follow a new generation of cartoon characters — including Babs and Buster Bunny, Plucky Duck, and more — as they attend Acme Looniversity, where they study under the legendary Looney Tunes characters in hopes of becoming "professional toons."

Tiny Toon Adventures originally ran from 1990 t0 1992, a collaboration between Warner Bros. Animation and Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment. The show won several Emmy Awards including two for Outstanding Animated Program.

The new series, which has received a two-season, straight-to-series order, will likewise be produced by Warner Bros. and Amblin, with Spielberg returning as executive producer. This news comes as the studios' other 1990s collaboration, Animaniacs, is about to return with a reboot of its own on Hulu.

“For many kids, Tiny Toons was their introduction to the world of Looney Tunes and, over time, Buster, Babs, Plucky and all the characters grew to be just as beloved by an entirely new generation," Sam Register, president of Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios, said in a statement. "The continuation of our great creative partnership with Amblin Television will bring these characters back for fans of all ages to enjoy.”

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #252 on: 2020-11-27 13:16:05 »

It would be nice if Animaniacs was also on Cartoon Network so the majority of people could ACTUALLY WATCH IT.

Tiny Toons wasn't as big a success, it only lasted barely two years as a show. So I am a bit confused as to why they are bringing it back.  Don't think there was much of a demand.  I guess they are banking on nostalgia view.  I hope the styling remains similar and doesn't change.  They could draw in a whole new audience of a whole new generation of kids.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-27 13:16:30 by MasterXtreme » Logged
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #253 on: 2020-11-27 14:46:39 »

Well, Elmyra is being nixed-- I guess viewers had enough of her twenty years ago. Voice actress Cree Summer has gone on record as saying she's a bit put out by not being invited back (unless they throw her a sop by letting her voice Mary Melody, or one of the minor female characters).  Other characters I doubt we'll be seeing again are Arnold the pit bull, Concord Condor, and Remi Bughari.  On the other hand, with Bugs and company busy with their own series, maybe bring in some more obscure, forgotten Looney Tunes as teachers?  Dr. Colonel or Professor G. Bugg, anyone...?

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #254 on: 2020-11-28 17:29:27 »

I'd be glad if Elmyra was gone.  She was truly among my least favorite characters of all time.  I found her voice annoying and grating and I really didn't like her.

I remember Remi but that is "insensitive" now days.  Couldn't care less about Arnold (old joke anyways, The Terminator isn't current anymore ) and Concord Condor was pointless.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024