PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion  (Read 67820 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-08-26 11:23:28 »

I'm wondering if Warners will get on the ball and try to reboot any of its old nineties shows, or create new ones in the vein of Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs. Although without Joe Alaskey on board  (d. February 3, 2016), it wouldn't be the same.     :(

I think they should let those shows die.  There is no future for them.  They were good, let them end.  I don't think they can respire their magic.  there hasn't been a successful WB cartoon since Xiaolin Showdown.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-08-26 11:25:46 »

Thats great news.  I loved both shows and Hey Arnold was actually a deep show.  I would love to find closure for him.  I wonder if he will be older now? 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-09-07 12:48:21 »

I think they should let those shows die.  There is no future for them.  They were good, let them end.  I don't think they can respire their magic.
Tom Ruegger doesn't agree... he says he'd be interested in doing a reboot, if Warer Bros. were on board.

How would it be different in 2017-18? Imagine Yakko, Wakko, and Dot annoying "D. Knight Shamalamadingdong", insisting that a twist ending really isn't a twist if you do it in every film... Slappy Squirrel earning residuals after all her old cartoons turn up on "YouBoob" and "Mulu"... Chicken Boo as a Kardashian... The Brain using "Twaddler" to hypnotize millennials in one of his world domination schemes... ... Katie Ka-Boom placed on the no-fly list in a post-9-11 world...Mindy's mom spending all day on DeFacebook while Buttons watches the kid....

If nothing else, I could get behind a reboot of the comic.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-09-07 17:04:31 »

See, i just can't get behind a redo of those Warner Bro's shows.  They've tried so many times, and all have failed miserably.  I don't think the clientele is what it used to be, and they are still thinking in the past.  To bring them to modern day standards, you will get people be-moaning like they did with the Looney Tunes Show, or the last two Scooby Doo remakes. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-09-07 17:13:16 »

To be fair, the most recent Scooby doo redo isn't that bad. It's actually pretty okay. Except the faces.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-09-07 17:22:51 »

The shows can be fine, great even.  They just aren't attracting viewers.  I liked the last two Scooby Doo renditions, but I didn't like the Looney Tunes show and find Wabbit boring.  I don't think visual gag and destruction humor attracts kids like it once did. 

Also that new Tom and Jerry show is so... so forgettable. 
« Last Edit: 2016-09-07 17:23:08 by RainySunshine » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-11-18 13:05:15 »

So does Nickelodeon have anything down the pipeline?  I can't seem to find anything.  They have a bunch of horrid new live action shows coming.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-11-18 13:15:22 »

Answered my own questions.

So a Hey Arnold tv movie is coming in 2017 as is the Rocko's Modern Life special.

As for new Nicktoons... they have garbage coming.

"Welcome to the Wayne" Video clip  It started as a web series and is now going to be a tv series.  Horrible animation.

"Pinky Malinkyy" is a new show coming from the UK.  The UK is known for their atrocious track record of cartoons, and the ones that make it to the US usually tank big time.  The synopsis sounds even worse, "It chronicles the adventures of Pinky Malinky, an ordinary high school student who has inexplicably transformed into an anthropomorphic hot dog, and his efforts to climb up the social ladder with his two human friends, Babs Buttman  and JJ Jameson."  As well, it has bad character design and poor animation.  (They are trying to copy Gumball to some degree, and failing miserably)

"Bunsen is a Beast" is a new series by Butch Hartman, you know the guy.  So you know what to expect in terms of animation and writing.  "The show centers on a monster named Bunsen, who becomes the first monster in his human school. With his human friend Mikey Monroe, they both navigate their way through school life."  Sounds just like the show above?  Can we move away from kids and schools? 

Lastly, "Glitch Techs" has a lame synopsis.  "The show will center on two kids who battle video-game monsters that have found their way in the real world."  Even scarier... he show is created by Eric Robles, known for for creating the Nickelodeon series, "Fanboy & Chum Chum."  Who thought it was good to give this guy another show?

So I have little hope for Nickelodeon's animation future.  I hope Cartoon Network blows them away, because Nick looks like they are headed the wrong way.  So few new shows... and they sounds bad to start right away.  The fall of our recent animation renaissance seems to be occurring at an alarming rate.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-11-18 14:07:09 »

They're actually gonna do the Hey Arnold movie!? Holy shit, it's been years!
The final epic conclusion shall be upon us!

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-11-18 21:00:01 »

I'm really excited about the Hey Arnold movie, thats about it.  Rocko will be fun to see what they can do with him once more.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-11-18 21:15:46 »

Reading through those, I can already tell you which will fail.

For Hey Arnold, hopefully it is the original guy doing it, I forgot his name.  Craig Barlett I think?  Like the pear.  They can't make the series be all actiony and fast talking.  It needs to be paced like how it used to be.  Don't make it something it isn't.  I really want to see what they will do with it, and how they will market it.  It will be shown to a whole new generation who sadly never got to experience the greatness that is, "Hey Arnold." 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-11-18 22:11:34 »

I'm not a big fan of Rocko. Only one episode I really remember.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-11-19 13:17:42 »

I was a messed up kid, because I loved Rocko, but I loved Arnold too.  So I really hope they treat it with respect and do it right. 

The other shows don't sound all that interesting or new.... so that worries me. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-11-20 18:13:19 »

That UK show won't last.  Pretty much all the shows aquired from other countries fail miserably.  They usually fail in their home country too.  There are very few exceptions. 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-11-21 01:34:40 »

I really don't think there is anything I watch on Nickelodeon anymore.  The channel overall is just a shadow of it's former self, and no current show on then network will have a lasting impact.  They are all these "fad" shows that will be popular a short time then disappear.  Examples are like TUFF Puppy, has it's quick "drive by" following then they move on to the next thing real quick. 

Nickelodeon has nothing that will last right now.
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024