PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Favorite Soundtracks & Songs From TV & Film 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Soundtracks & Songs From TV & Film  (Read 8622 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2017-08-25 16:30:36 »

^ I'm going to start listening to that and see what happens.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2017-10-11 15:49:03 »

This is a terrific soundtrack.  I like to listen to it when drawing sometimes.  Hans Zimmer did an awesome job on it.  It is from the movie, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron.  I've never seen it.

Agreed, I listened to it.  One of the most fabulous soundtracks ever.  Bryan Adams does a good job in his songs, but the key is the instrumentals and the theme every song follows!  Very emotional!

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2017-10-12 21:49:20 »

(I listened to the entire score you posted of Spirit, and that is a lovely soundtrack.  Really deserves some attention for it's quality and feelings.  Lot of effort was put into that score, and you can tell.  Hans Zimmer obviously really got into that one, as did Bryan Adams.  His song, "Sound the Bugle" at about the 47 min mark in that video was stunning, deep, and even chilling.  Makes you want to break down.  Mr. Zimmer made free the open range and gave me the exhilarating feel of the open and wild west!  He also brought in action scores and truly deep saddening moments!  Beautiful score you guys.)

One of my favorite soundtracks of all time is the Forrest Gump scores.  Scored by the brilliant Alan Silvestri.  This was his breakout scores that will probably never be reproduced.  It was truly amazing.

« Last Edit: 2017-10-12 21:50:48 by MasterXtreme » Logged
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2017-10-13 02:54:35 »

Alan Silvestri? That’s the same guy who did the Delta Force theme I posted.

Forrest Gump had a great soundtrack, that’s undebatable. :)

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2017-10-15 17:04:05 »

Amazing how you can go from Delta Force, to Forrest Gump.  Some of these people are amazingly talented in the range of music they can write.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2017-10-16 16:37:10 »

This part of this song from Monster's Inc, performed by Randy Newman comes close to the emotional factor for me as Forrest Gump's.  Would be curious if others agree.  I am not sure how well people know this song, but it always makes me think I should shed a tear.  It is impactful, though simple.  I love it, and it is one of my favorite bits in music.  Pixar has consistently had excellent composures.  Jump to about 1:10 and listen.  It's... awesome.  And it ends on a cliffhanger which always kills me.

« Last Edit: 2017-10-16 16:38:01 by Silverwing » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2017-10-18 14:52:46 »

That is an impactful song.  Good choice, Silver.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 2018-01-22 21:03:44 »

Amazing how you can go from Delta Force, to Forrest Gump.  Some of these people are amazingly talented in the range of music they can write.
Weeell the same guy scored Back to the Future even before that. ;p

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2018-01-22 21:08:03 »

^ A lot of those crazy videos you post with the car wrecks, have super cheesy, but awesome soundtracks. ;D Do you have any favs?
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: 2018-01-22 21:09:26 »

Not really. Some are surprisingly good. Some are despicable. But I've no favorites. Just ones that I think are good. :P

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2018-01-22 21:15:36 »

Alright.  If you got some "surprisingly good" ones you want to share, I will gladly listen to them while working in my workshop. ;D
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2018-02-01 12:04:16 »

One of the most stirring theme songs for anything out there is this composed by Ray Parker Jr., Jim Morgan, some other fine chap.

The Adventures of Tintin.  This theme music is absolute perfection. It has it all. Suspence, drama, a good taste of adventure, companionship and victory... It's a pure little gem and the very embodiment of everything that the comics were about.
« Last Edit: 2018-02-01 12:04:42 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2018-02-01 13:04:43 »

^ Awesome theme.
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: 2018-02-02 21:36:45 »

My favorite soundtrack... hard one I have a few.
Like any soundtrack composed by John Williams, Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Harry Gregson-Williams and Danny Elfman.

Best Disney soundtrack song wise is Oliver & Company but music wise is Fantasia.

Best anime soundtrack is Ginga Nagareboshi Gin.

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2018-02-02 22:14:41 »

My favorite soundtrack... hard one I have a few.
Like any soundtrack composed by John Williams, Hans Zimmer, James Horner....

Those three are gods of composuredom!
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Favorite Soundtracks & Songs From TV & Film « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024