PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Steven Universe Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Universe Discussion  (Read 30176 times)
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: 2017-01-30 20:25:11 »

I got around to watching this show yesterday.  CN had a marathon of the first season.  It was...something.  Steven's voice makes it difficult at times. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: 2017-01-30 20:25:42 »

You kind of in the middle at this point? 
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #107 on: 2017-01-30 20:26:11 »

I got as far as the one where Garnet teaches Steven about causality.  That one made me giggle. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #108 on: 2017-01-30 20:27:09 »

Steven gets a lot less annoying later.

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: 2017-01-30 21:09:53 »

I hope so.  His voice is rough.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #110 on: 2017-03-09 16:17:00 »

Also there is a Steven Universe RPG coming to the PS4 later this year.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #111 on: 2017-03-09 17:12:13 »

Ooh, cool.

FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #112 on: 2017-11-26 21:11:31 »

So I originally liked this show kind of... but after watching every episode I could see, I really dislike this series more and more, to the point I really dislike this show, ha!
 It is nothing but liberal propaganda of sex, anti man, and it is really disturbing if you think about it.  The fusing with under age kids, and so much more.  I know this is a radical view for an equally radical show, but I have finally taken the time to see it all and give my opinion.  It seems to never go anywhere, and anyone who disapproves of the direct views in the show is evil. 

We still don't even know why the "Home World" is evil other then the Crystal Gems don't like them because the Home World won't let them fuse with whomever they want... is that the main reason? 

The female characters are always superior and the male characters are always wrong.  Personally I am glad CN is stopping showing this show.  It just isn't good, which is a shame, because it had so much promise.  Part of it has to do with the direction of the host, Rebecca Sugar. 

I wanted to like the show, but... I don't.  End.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-26 21:14:26 by FoxTail » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #113 on: 2017-11-26 21:26:03 »

So I originally liked this show kind of... but after watching every episode I could see, I really dislike this series more and more, to the point I really dislike this show, ha!
 It is nothing but liberal propaganda of sex, anti man, and it is really disturbing if you think about it.  The fusing with under age kids, and so much more.  I know this is a radical view for an equally radical show, but I have finally taken the time to see it all and give my opinion.  It seems to never go anywhere, and anyone who disapproves of the direct views in the show is evil. 

We still don't even know why the "Home World" is evil other then the Crystal Gems don't like them because the Home World won't let them fuse with whomever they want... is that the main reason? 

The female characters are always superior and the male characters are always wrong.  Personally I am glad CN is stopping showing this show.  It just isn't good, which is a shame, because it had so much promise.  Part of it has to do with the direction of the host, Rebecca Sugar. 

I wanted to like the show, but... I don't.  End.

Welcome to enlightenment.  Worst fanbase in the world, and one of the worst shows with it's message.

This video sucks, but explains it all.  Beware, because the loser video creator has horrible sound editing and ear rape... there are better vids out there I am sure, just too much work to look it up.

The show is nothing but a wet dream for these radical feminists libs. Cartoon Network realized that when things started to get really fucking weird and canned the show, so it doesn't premier on tv much at all.  The show is a SJW show pretty much at all.  Steven is a spoiled turd where he learns nothing and grows super powers only when it is relevant to the plot. He is raised by all lesbian moms in mansion while for no reason, his Dad, who owns a business, lives in a van for no reason.  His Moms don't get him in trouble when he does wrong, and he doesn't go to school.  He can do no wrong even though that is all he does.  He lives in a bubble where he only hears what his Gem parents want him to hear, and anyone who disagrees with their "cause" is destroyed, like ANTIFA at a Berkley college rally when a conservative comes to speak on campus.

Steven Universe in a nutshell.

Of course my opinion means nothing to people who enjoy the show.  That's fine.  I am glad they enjoy it.  Might mean I am a dick, might mean they have really low standards, who really cares, right?  It's a freaking cartoon.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-26 21:27:02 by Wolfwood » Logged
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #114 on: 2018-03-16 23:23:33 »

So is season five the last one?  They still have four more episodes to air. Despite the show's rabid cult following, I fear the last season may be its shortest, clocking in at just 16 episodes-- slipping ratings, perhaps? Too hip for the room?  Still, progress, right? Just a bare fifteen years ago a show like this wouldn't have even seen 13 episodes on most networks.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #115 on: 2018-03-17 00:59:07 »

*Shrugs*

We just don't know yet.  It has a cult following, but it isn't bringing in ratings.  A lot of people watch it from untraditional sources which might be hurting the television ratings.  But fear not, the rabid fandom that is the SU fans, will be spreading their self-righteousness and fan fiction on Tumblr for years to come.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Steven Universe Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024