PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Spice Up Your Life" 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Spice Up Your Life"  (Read 11029 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-06-12 20:47:58 »

Pppfff.  People are stupid.  The episode was not racist.

There are unicorns and pegasus, and earth ponies all around that world of theirs.  Has nothing to do with race.

What, we can't make accents in cartoons anymore without being racist?  Stupid.  Get over it people.  People have accents.

Clearly, these characters were influenced by Indian cultures, but because they used that as an influence, doesn't mean it has to be negative.  People making a big deal out of nothing are the true cause for all our issues today.  Too PC.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-06-13 14:14:06 »

No, people are annoyed that they weren't a different species because they were Indian influenced. People weren't mad about the accents. They were like "if they're supposed to be some sort of Asian... Why are they unicorns?" But those people are shot down with "is there a problem with them being unicorns?" So it's apparently only a handful of people.

Also, apparently Gordon Ramsey appears as a pony cameo in the episode.

HulkbowSMASH

PSF Tourist

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-06-13 15:35:00 »

Of all the criticisms I could level at this one, racism isn't one which would've even occurred to me.  I guess maybe because the Saddle Arabians were noticeably different has people thinking these two should've been...Marwari, I guess.  Which could've been neat to see, but I can't really call it wrong that it wasn't done.  That's just silly.

And according to the EqD episode follow-up, there were a bunch of famous chefs in the restaurant crowd.  As an aside, it's kinda funny how EqD strives to never be critical of MLP, yet even this follow-up seemed to be straining to find enough positive things to say.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-06-13 15:47:57 »

Pfff, I never liked EqD. Too full of pretentiousness.
And way too overly high standards for fics. Actually scratch that, it's not high standards they want, it's just fics tailor made to their interests. But that asides, that's kind of funny they were trying so hard to find good things to say.

HulkbowSMASH

PSF Tourist

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2016-06-13 18:56:19 »

I just browse their News tag to watch for product releases and such.  The follow-ups sometimes point out references I missed, or save me the trouble of making screencaps myself.  The only other place I've tried for FiM news was Derpy News Network, and they're even weirder.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: 2016-06-13 21:05:50 »

DNN is still doing stuff?  I never check there, but I should check.

Are there any other MLP news type sites?
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2016-06-14 03:55:50 »

Yeah. I know like two others. One reports drama and stuff. Let me see if it's still around.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: 2016-07-23 07:51:57 »

Zesty looks horrible, with her pale complexion and stark grey outline, she seems to be suffering from either severe anemia or possibly a form of albinism. Maybe it's living on that meager haute cuisine fare for years. The gal needs some protein, stat.

The "Minnesota Nice" accent returns again ("Princess Spike").

I was reminded of that Seinfeld episode where he tried to help a struggling Indian restaurateur with his business and ended up getting him shut down and eventually deported. "You bad man! You very, very bad man!"

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: 2016-07-23 15:27:48 »

Little late on the conversation there I see. ;) 
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: 2016-12-22 19:34:35 »

They say it's racist? Pfft. Somehow, I'm not surprised.
Well yeah.

There are also people complain as to why they're unicorns when they're supposed to be Asian of some sort.
Which is something that was never officially declared. Tsk. ::)
I think you're supposed to infer from their accents >_>
Ohh, right. ^^'
I hadn't noticed until now. Why? WHY?!

God, looking back at this, I'm so stupid.

I thought you meant "unicorns are supposed to be Asian".

I guess I said "ohh, right" so I wouldn't look stupid. Failed at that, didn't I? XD

F$&% me. >_<
Also sorry for necroposting I swear it won't happen again I swear DX
« Last Edit: 2016-12-22 19:58:29 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2016-12-22 19:42:46 »

Pffff. Well, many people feel Twilight is Asian and she is a unicorn. And unicorns have been shown to be pretty smart. But yeaaaaah haha. Poor Numbers.

Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2017-10-22 17:19:53 »

Super generic episode and one of my least favorite of season 6.  It was part of a stretch of mediocre episodes.  This is one of the worst in my opinion.  The music was bad and I didn't have any draw to the characters.  It just seems like an episode they made to try and have diversity for no reason other then to have it.  3/10.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: 2017-10-22 20:45:21 »

It was a very mediocre episode. 5/10.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2017-10-25 13:14:35 »

This is an extremely boring and average episode so a horrible song. Quite possibly my least favorite song of all time on this show. But there were aspects I liked of the episode such as the point of view storytelling. It is a shame it is so predictable. 6.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2017-10-25 21:06:21 »

This is very average of an episode.  Run of the mill.  5.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-25 21:06:42 by Smiles2us » Logged
Pages: < 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Spice Up Your Life" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024