PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Video Share 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 84 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video Share  (Read 312493 times)
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #780 on: 2018-01-15 19:04:01 »

I personally found the graffiti room to be pretty fucking great. I'm kinda surprised you didn't mention what looked like an abandoned baby carriage(?). There's a whole slew of things that kinda stood out like all the broken walls, and as mentioned, the almost entirely destroyed wall, although truth be told I've never really been to an abandoned place, so imagine that's a common trend in several places.

So, neat. Real interesting.

SNEE
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #781 on: 2018-01-15 19:14:33 »

I personally found the graffiti room to be pretty fucking great. I'm kinda surprised you didn't mention what looked like an abandoned baby carriage(?). There's a whole slew of things that kinda stood out like all the broken walls, and as mentioned, the almost entirely destroyed wall, although truth be told I've never really been to an abandoned place, so imagine that's a common trend in several places.

Hey thanks!  I really appreciate the feedback.  It was actually done on a complete whim.  I've never done anything like this before, but I happened to have a good camera with me and just went in.  Where I live abandonment isn't a thing... like, there is ZERO abandoned or derelict buildings.  So to even find something like this is extremely rare!  It was on private former government property, but had public access? It was weird.

I actually didn't notice the carriage!  Oh my gosh!  I am going to look through my pictures and see what it was.  I will see if I can tell ya what it is.

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #782 on: 2018-01-15 19:23:06 »

I personally found the graffiti room to be pretty fucking great. I'm kinda surprised you didn't mention what looked like an abandoned baby carriage(?).

It is probably because I am not a professional "abandoned place explorer" but you are right, it was a carriage!  I didn't even notice it.  Here is a clear shot of it.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #783 on: 2018-01-15 19:24:29 »

Wow!  That was your first exploration vid?  That is awesome bro!  The music and editing was prime and really fit the mood.  It didn't seem like a rookie film either, it was really well polished.  Nice job!  I found your commentary nice, and that room with all the graffiti was really cool.  There was actually a lot of cool graffiti in that video. 
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #784 on: 2018-01-15 19:27:08 »

Wow!  That was your first exploration vid?  That is awesome bro!  The music and editing was prime and really fit the mood.  It didn't seem like a rookie film either, it was really well polished.  Nice job!  I found your commentary nice, and that room with all the graffiti was really cool.  There was actually a lot of cool graffiti in that video.

Thank you.  As I mentioned in the film, I liked the captain a lot. :)  There was a lot of good graffiti and I didn't focus on it too much.  Maybe should do more of that next time.

Miggs
Master Member

Email
« Reply #785 on: 2018-01-15 20:05:35 »

Come down to my town. Explore the old Mercy Hospital I was born in.
Which is also apparently haunted.

Just kidding that's illegal (I think).
« Last Edit: 2018-01-15 20:11:09 by System423 » Logged

SNEE
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #786 on: 2018-01-15 22:12:51 »

Come down to my town. Explore the old Mercy Hospital I was born in.
Which is also apparently haunted.

Just kidding that's illegal (I think).

A hospital closed down?  Really?  :O
Miggs
Master Member

Email
« Reply #787 on: 2018-01-16 11:35:35 »

It's abandoned. Dunno why. Been abandoned for at least 19 years or so.

SNEE
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #788 on: 2018-01-16 12:10:39 »

Damn. Really wasn't closed long after you were born then. :o

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #789 on: 2018-01-16 17:15:45 »

Someone made a video on the Mercy Hospital in Laredo, Texas.  Video is nearly ten years old now.  Then there was this police footage of the hospital.  And this guys experience exploring the abandoned building.  Also drone footage.

Mercy Hospital closed down 18 years ago as of 2017.  19 Years ago as of 2018.  It shut down in 1998.  As for the reason why it closed, I am not sure.  As of late 2017, Laredo is finally trying to do something with the building but it has a bunch of asbestos and other health hazards inside.  They never really emptied it... and just suddenly left it to the elements.  As of October 2017, Laredo is suing the owner of Mercy Hospital to have it fixed up and torn down as rats have infested it and is consuming nearby neighborhoods.  The city is also trying to now just purchase the property to see if they can tear it down themselves.

Laredo Medical Center was built to replace Mercy Hospital.  Laredo Medical Center is rated as one of the worst hospitals in Texas... I did find that.  To this day, Mercy Hospital is the 6th tallest building in Laredo.

@AnyPoneDrawn @1234 @System423
Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #790 on: 2018-01-16 17:26:09 »

BASED WURTZ
Miggs
Master Member

Email
« Reply #791 on: 2018-01-16 18:04:36 »

Someone made a video on the Mercy Hospital in Laredo, Texas.  Video is nearly ten years old now.  Then there was this police footage of the hospital.  And this guys experience exploring the abandoned building.  Also drone footage.

Mercy Hospital closed down 18 years ago as of 2017.  19 Years ago as of 2018.  It shut down in 1998.  As for the reason why it closed, I am not sure.  As of late 2017, Laredo is finally trying to do something with the building but it has a bunch of asbestos and other health hazards inside.  They never really emptied it... and just suddenly left it to the elements.  As of October 2017, Laredo is suing the owner of Mercy Hospital to have it fixed up and torn down as rats have infested it and is consuming nearby neighborhoods.  The city is also trying to now just purchase the property to see if they can tear it down themselves.

Laredo Medical Center was built to replace Mercy Hospital.  Laredo Medical Center is rated as one of the worst hospitals in Texas... I did find that.  To this day, Mercy Hospital is the 6th tallest building in Laredo.

Ah, I was pretty accurate on the years. Yeah there's a lot of videos on people exploring the place.

Aaaaaand I'm not surprised LMC is one of the worst in Texas.

SNEE
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #792 on: 2018-01-16 18:10:29 »

I like it when you actually do research, Wolf. Look at all the stuff you learned.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #793 on: 2018-01-16 18:12:20 »

Yeah, you were really close, Miggs. Good job.

I got mixed results as to why it closed.  Some said it suffered a bad reputation for being unclean? Others said they wanted to upgrade to the newer hospital LMC which opened in 1999.... so it's not really clear. Laredo's news websites were worthless when it came to actually finding out any information.  I was surprised at how poorly they documented what should be a huge event for a city/town.
Miggs
Master Member

Email
« Reply #794 on: 2018-01-16 19:23:30 »

Sounds like Laredo

SNEE
Pages: < 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 84 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Video Share « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024