PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Secrets and Pies" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Secrets and Pies"  (Read 7820 times)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2017-10-14 23:53:16 »

Spoiler (hover to show)
That is a great looking, Pie.... Dash.... that will kill you.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2017-10-14 23:57:57 »

So another episode is in the books.  I didn't think I was going to like this episode much.... but I was wrong.  It was kinda predictable but it was still done in a very entertaining and fun way.  I actually laughed because there were funny moments.  Also Rainbow Dash is sorta a liar, okay, i can see that.  That ending was great too with how Pinkie responded.  The writer had a good time with this episode you can tell, using these characters in a fun way.  It reminded me more of a season 1 episode and used the characters nicely without forcing them into the plot.  We also got a sneezing fit from Pinkie Pie.  Pollen makes her sneeze!  I'm going to give this a solid 8/10.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2017-10-15 00:04:32 »

That really wasn't a bad episode.  It turned out really good.  I wasn't sure at the beginning if it was going to be something I'd like, but it transformed very quickly into an entertaining episode that I would definitely watch again.  It was funny how Rainbow Dash was able to rid herself of this pie problem.  Sometimes at the expense of others, and sometimes to their enjoyment.  The Pinkie Pie sneezes were good, and I think that moves her up to the number one sneezes in the show, in terms of most sneezes.  We can also cement she is allergic to pollen, so that's cool!

Overall this was a really good episode!  A nice surprise and a strong showing.  We had a feel heavy episode last week with a fun, cartoony one this week.  The antics reminded me a bit of the old Bugs Bunny type cartoon antics.

8/10.

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: 2017-10-15 09:24:22 »

I give it an 8 too. Really enjoyable. ^^

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: 2017-10-15 10:06:53 »

Worth noting, the latest IDW comic (issue 59) acts as a sequel to this episode. Pinkie tries to figure why Dash doesn’t like pies, making her feed Dash a lot of pies, to the latter’s obvious dismay.

Also worth noting, the comic was released before the episode (officially) aired, making readers feel like they missed something everytime the episode’s events are referred to. DX

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: 2017-10-15 10:47:27 »

^^ I thought they said originally the comic and the episodes wouldn't be related?  So confusing. ;D  Why would they release that first and how can they really make a sequel to something that got resolved?  I wonder what they did?

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: 2017-10-15 10:47:58 »

This was a good episode.  I found myself smiling and even laughing a bit.  I liked the classic cartoon humor here and it was a nice change of pace.  A strong 8 out of 10.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: 2017-10-15 11:30:09 »

^^ I thought they said originally the comic and the episodes wouldn't be related?  So confusing. ;D
You may not know, but lately, a lot of the latest MLP comics tie in with season 7 episodes. I don’t know why they’re doing this. ???

Why would they release that first and how can they really make a sequel to something that got resolved?
I dunno, it was stupid. And it was resolved, yes, but Pinkie didn’t seem to think so. ::)

I wonder what they did?
Something. :P
« Last Edit: 2017-10-15 11:30:39 by 1234 » Logged

sudosnz

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2017-10-15 11:34:01 »

She should have just shared that first pie with Soarin. I’m sure he’d love it.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2017-10-15 13:32:51 »

So you read the comics, Numbers?  Are they okay?
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2017-10-15 13:34:25 »

As for the episode, I thought it was alright.  It was fun, but to me seemed too predictable. 7/10.

I really liked the sneezing and that pause from her first sneeze, to when it changed scenes, then just to come back to her sneezing made me know she was still sneezing during that time... ALL OVER DASH'S pillows!  HA!  Gross.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: 2017-10-15 14:28:13 »

So you read the comics, Numbers?  Are they okay?
I’d say they’ve been improving.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2017-10-15 14:35:38 »

Solid episode today.  A nice 8/10.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2017-10-15 17:04:45 »

Heck, I found this to be a very hectic episode, but I liked it way too much.  I have no idea why I liked it so much.  The sneezes were excellent too! 

9/10!
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: 2017-10-15 20:41:06 »

This sums up this episode to me.

8/10

Sneezes were an added bonus.  I wasn't expecting anymore sneezes for season seven.

We've been rewarded!  Season seven will go down as the sneeziest season of MLP to date. :D Thank you DHX!
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Secrets and Pies" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024