PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Cooking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cooking  (Read 18072 times)
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2016-02-10 21:09:42 »

Anyone here cook?  Wanna brag about something you made or ask how to make something?  Post here!
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-10 21:11:04 »

I don't personally cook, but I gotta say, my families Spanish food is to die for. It's some of the best food around I feel.

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-10 21:15:25 »

I have chili in my slowcooker.  It'll be done tomorrow morning in time for work.  Whole house is starting to smell great <3
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-10 21:22:29 »

Ooooh, chili... I love chili.

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-10 21:43:12 »

Yea its the best.  Plus I'm making enough to last me a good week and a half. 
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-10 21:53:53 »

im learning

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-02-10 22:00:16 »

*points to my mom* She's the cook in my family. I wish I could brag about something...but I can't. Not in a million years XD

On my two year mission I had to learn to cook for the first time. Eggs. Eggs and rice and bread. Also some cereal but that's not cooking ;)

The fanciest I've ever gotten is making my own pizza from scratch with flour and dough. By far the strangest thing I've had to make is an African dish that I can't remember what the technical name of it is. Basically it is breaded soup with meaty stuff packed inside the breaded parts of the soup. I can't claim I did that alone because I had an African lady guiding me every step of the way but it still was a lot of effort to make.

Cooking is an artwork in itself...and man I'm a simpleton at heart when it comes to cooking XDDD I look at other's dishes and often think to myself that theirs looks a lot more appitizing than what I make, but it's good to cook. =)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-02-10 22:01:36 »

You didn't know how to make eggs before your mission trip?? Bruh.

That African dish sounds good though.

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-02-10 22:03:47 »

I live alone so I try to cook something new once a week.  Anything different.  When my gf finally moves in I don't wanna be limited to grilled cheese and chicken on a grillpan.  Though lord knows I make a damned good grilled cheese  :P
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-02-10 22:22:30 »

I can only cook minimal things. Cookies, rice pilaf, pancakes, bacon, eggs, etc etc

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-02-10 22:52:03 »

You didn't know how to make eggs before your mission trip?? Bruh.

That African dish sounds good though.
I mentioned a few times I was like Fluttershy with my shyness online when I first joined sneezefurs and DA...and honestly, in real life a few years before I came online I was just as shy in reality too, not just online XDD I had a really stupid fear of using the oven or stove or any kind of pot, frying pan, or anything really ^^;. I burned food when I first tried cooking and with eggs I was afraid I would leave them cooking for too long or would not cook them long enough and make my family members sick.
Even though I was a teenager back then, I was a real fool now that I think about it ^^; I'm glad I got out of my shell and overcame my silly fear of cooking.
It didn't help I was SUPER lazy back in my teenage years too and since I had my mom who cooked a lot, I never really felt the need or wanted to cook. MAN I WAS WRONG!!! XDD

I started to cook about a year before my 2 year church mission, so...early 2011 was when I overcame my fear of cooking.
Even today I only cook minimal things. I'm a poor college student. Ramen, eggs, the cheap Walmart bread for toast, some peanut butter, and ham. Lots of sliced ham for sandwiches, omelets, quesadillas...oh yeah...flour tortillas too I use for cooking too specifically for quesadillas.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-02-10 22:52:41 »

I have chili in my slowcooker.  It'll be done tomorrow morning in time for work.  Whole house is starting to smell great <3

You a good cook?

I can make a pretty good panini.  Very good cold cereal. ;)

I think my speciality it sandwiches and barbecuing.  I make some pretty great steaks and ribs.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-02-10 22:53:47 »

On my two year mission I had to learn to cook for the first time. Eggs. Eggs and rice and bread. Also some cereal but that's not cooking ;)

Where did you go on a Missions trip?

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-02-10 22:55:43 »

I live alone so I try to cook something new once a week.  Anything different.  When my gf finally moves in I don't wanna be limited to grilled cheese and chicken on a grillpan.  Though lord knows I make a damned good grilled cheese  :P
Man...it's late at night and you're making me hungry XDDD

Seriously though, grilled cheese is something I have yet to really know how to perfect sadly =( I've seen so many people make seemingly perfect golden grilled cheese things but when I make them...black or really luke-warm meh kind of tasting grilled cheese comes from my attempts.

Any tips on how to make a good grilled cheese? I love grilled cheese but I'm not good at making them ^^;
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-02-10 22:57:17 »

I make delicious grilled cheese sandwiches too.  I also make this awesome pasta and grilled chicken.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Cooking « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024