PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Grannies Gone Wild" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Grannies Gone Wild"  (Read 11275 times)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: 2018-04-14 15:25:02 »

Okay, that was actually a pretty cute episode.  I am glad I watched it.  8/10.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: 2018-04-14 15:26:04 »

^ Good rating. Makes me look even more forward to getting to watch it. :D

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: 2018-04-14 16:04:36 »

I have to wonder--if you can already fly at Mach 6 and cause frigging sonic booms, why all this fuss over a roller coaster?  I mean, yeah, yeah, peer pressure and all that, but, still... seems--I dunno-- anticlimactic.   Also, if you look real close, you can see Soarin' getting ready to hurl in that photo.  He's lucky he didn't get his Wonderbolt nickname over that incident.

This reminds me of the Golden Girls.
Yes! if I didn't know Rue McClanahan (Blanche) had passed, I'd swear she was the voice of the old gal trying to flirt with the bellboy.

I think the reason these grandmares book these vacations is to get away from being babied by relatives and all this nonsense about naps and soft food and avoiding excitement. Applejack means well, but I don't think she realizes this.

Bless their hearts.  I figure these gals must have a couple of dozen kids between the lot of them ... and, well, you know they got here somehow.  Just because there's a few thousand miles on the odometer doesn't mean the motor's stopped running, y'know.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: 2018-04-14 16:38:43 »

That male pony magician I am willing to bet is Trixie's father.  He's the same color and even looks the same!
He also uses the same lame "disappearing" act.  He could be some relative of Trixie's-- maybe the one who taught her all her best tricks.

Also, Vinyl Scratch is working the hotel dance club deejay booth.  She must have to do a powerful lot of commuting if she can work both big venues like a Las Pegasus hotel and Pinkie's private parties down in Ponyville.

Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2018-04-14 21:47:54 »

This episode was fun. It could have easily gone wrong, but I feel like Dash was in character and the gags were really nice. It certainly wasn't what I expected, but I'm glad it wasn't.

Also:
Spoiler (hover to show)

"Aw jeez."

And:

"Say my name."
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #50 on: 2018-04-14 23:59:49 »

I didn't notice the references, those are cool!  I also thought of the Golden Girls a lot when watching all the old gran-nannies!  I feel this episode could have gone down a path of horribleness, but it strafed away from it pretty good.  Rainbow Dash legitimately was trying to be a good pony and do the right thing, even if she was a little dumb about it at times.... but she isn't the brightest anyways. ;)  Overall I would say it was an enjoyable episode and it was nice to see the Grannies be different then their usual selves.

8/10
Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2018-04-15 00:30:55 »

@Kiwi
I think this episode was a pleasant suprise. Rainbow's interactions with the grans, the grans' other side we don't really see, the references, and the biggest being
Spoiler (hover to show)
a stallion that is probably Trixie's dad.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: 2018-04-15 00:46:49 »

@Binkyt11

Soda mentioned that as well that it was probably Trixie's dad.  I read her live reaction and she thought that right away.  I didn't think that when I first saw him, it didn't occur to me, but when they appeared on stage it hit me.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: 2018-04-15 07:47:42 »

Very enjoyable episode. Cute moments from RD. <3

Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #54 on: 2018-04-15 08:30:14 »

@Binkyt11

Soda mentioned that as well that it was probably Trixie's dad.  I read her live reaction and she thought that right away.  I didn't think that when I first saw him, it didn't occur to me, but when they appeared on stage it hit me.
Some one asked Jim after the episode aired. His response just raised more questions.

...But Does HE know he's Trixie's father?
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: 2018-04-15 11:21:18 »

I agree that Dash made a few epic faces in the episode... But I can't help but really love this one. It's so simple, yet... so freakin' adorable.

One guy on Derpibooru says she has an adorable snout. And they're right. X3

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #56 on: 2018-04-15 12:32:37 »

I thought it was a good episode and more strong then some others this season.  But it still just lacked a bit to me.  It was definitely more complete then the season opener which I thought was really not that good.  7/10.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2018-04-15 13:11:53 »

The Golden Horsehoe Gals = The Golden Girls!

Hoof-slap!

and...

This face!

7/10 for one of the better episodes involving Rainbow Dash.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: 2018-04-15 13:27:40 »

^ dash just got an electric seizure

that doesnt exist

oh well

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: 2018-04-15 13:31:24 »

Lol!  that face made me lol.
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Grannies Gone Wild" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024