PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Who would you elect President of PSF? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who would you elect President of PSF?  (Read 32267 times)
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: 2016-09-02 21:55:55 »

Google Translate says...

Smiles2us: "I don't get frazzled." --> English: "I get frazzled a lot and I am so cute when it happens."

;D

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #106 on: 2016-09-02 23:25:22 »

That was the best translator I've ever witnessed.  Wow!  Nice job. 
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #107 on: 2016-09-02 23:33:53 »

Most inaccurate translation I've ever read. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #108 on: 2016-10-31 20:45:03 »

Wolf and Leap have stepped up saying they would be good PSF President's, but why? 

Candidates... state your case.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #109 on: 2016-10-31 20:49:21 »

Thank you, Mr. Moderator APD.

To answer your question, I would be a great President for PSF simply because, I would be.  I am straight forward.  None of this wishy washy sugar coating.  I will get things done the right way, and show to others we have strength and be strong about everything I do.  I will make PSF greater then it can be.  How is that possible you ask?  I will blow your mind with how great things can be with me as president of PSF. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #110 on: 2016-10-31 20:52:36 »

You seem confident. :) 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #111 on: 2016-10-31 20:52:48 »

I am confident. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #112 on: 2016-10-31 20:53:06 »

Thank you Moderator, APD.

I agree with Wolfwood on some of his points. I am also not wishy washy, I tell you if an idea is good or bad. No bias to be seen. Doesn't matter, friend or foe, I tell you straight up. I am also a very firm believer in following and enforcing the rules of PSF. I love things to be organized and in their place. I have been in charge of organizing the MLPS for nearly 2 years, or at least a year and half. And while I've experienced technical difficulties the past few months, the preservation of PSF and its values have always been my #1 priority. I will do anything to ensure PSF stays great and continues to improve.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-31 20:53:38 by Spookwagon » Logged

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #113 on: 2016-10-31 20:56:38 »

Very well, LP.  Thank you.

Wolf, some of your critics call you a jerk.  As a matter of fact, just the other day, you called yourself out as being a jerk.  Do you think this is bad for your name and voters would think less of you? 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #114 on: 2016-10-31 20:58:25 »

My colleague, LP has wonderful qualifications and she is a strong leader herself, and yes, you are right.  I did call myself out as being a jerk, but I am a caring jerk.  Tough love.  It's how you have to get some things done.  If I was wimpy, and soft, and all loving, people would walk all over me.  Take advantage of me every chance they get.  So, sometimes it takes someone who is strong, and not so easy going, to get things done. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #115 on: 2016-10-31 21:00:05 »

Thank you, Mr. Wood.

And to you, Ms. River.  You as well have spoken up calling yourself, "a bit of a hardass" and "annoying," or "bitchy."  Do you think these are words that will draw people towards you, and why would they make you an effective leader? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #116 on: 2016-10-31 21:05:56 »

A very excellent question, Moderator APD,

You see, as I can read my audience very well, I observe that I'm in a community of exceedingly nice people. Very nice people. And I realize my somewhat harsh opinions and outspokenness and "straight talk" can be seen negatively. So I find it better to preface myself by telling people I'm worse than what I am to lessen the blow in a way. To where they come to expect somewhat "harsher" words. But as I stated earlier, and like my colleague Wolfwood said, I give it to you straight. No wishy washy, beating around the bush. If you're bad, you're bad. You got a horrible idea, I'll tell you it's a horrible idea. And why do I do this? Because at my core I care. I may express this differently, but I feel letting people know they're not the best thing ever is better in the long run then letting them believe they're good and they hurt themselves.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #117 on: 2016-10-31 21:09:30 »

So this question is to you both, as you have similar answers to the previous question.  This would be a follow up.

Ms. River, this is for you first this time.  You say that if you have a "horrible idea" that you tell them it is a horrible idea.  What is your thoughts on opinions?  What if someone has an idea you deem as horrible, and they like their idea?   Even further, what if their idea is a good idea, but because you tell them it is a horrible idea, they don't pursue that idea? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #118 on: 2016-10-31 21:19:14 »

Alright, ladies first this time around I suppose.

I think everyone has a right to an opinion, after all free country and all that. Usually if someone states their idea confidently it means they think it's a good idea. However, by putting it out there they are signing a sort of Internet agreement that they are going to get both positive and negative responses. Their job is to filter out the simple "hate" comments that dot provide backup or reasons for their opinion, and the ones that even if they are harsh have valid points in ther reasoning. And if their idea is a good idea I wouldn't be saying its a bad idea. But see, here's where it can get complicated. Say someone says an idea that they think is good, and a majority of people also think it's good. Often they'll use this as proof that they're right. But say, in an extreme example, a majority of people agreed and thought Hitler was right (during his time). But just because he had a lot of people agreeing with him doesn't mean in the end, he was right.

I often look at something subjectively and objectively before giving my opinion on it being bad or not. Or a "horrible idea". If I find that "bad" is the answer to both, then it's a bad idea. And it's a good thing they didn't pursue it. I wouldn't tell someone a good idea is bad.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #119 on: 2016-10-31 21:21:09 »

Thank you.

Same goes to you, Mr. Wood.  Someone has a good idea and you call it bad. 
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Who would you elect President of PSF? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024