PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Sports Conversation 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sports Conversation  (Read 57987 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #240 on: 2022-02-16 14:56:33 »

Next big sporting event is coming up.  The Super Bowl of motorsports.  The Daytona 500 is Sunday.
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #241 on: 2022-02-16 17:30:36 »

I'm betting on Denny Hamlin. ;D
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #242 on: 2022-02-19 13:53:43 »

I'm going with Joey Logano.  If he can not wreck, he always seems to be right there at the end.   The Ford's are looking really fast so far this year.  Penske and even the Roush guys.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-19 13:54:04 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #243 on: 2022-02-20 00:06:41 »

Kyle Larson, the champion last year or Chase Elliott is my pick. 
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #244 on: 2022-02-20 13:53:09 »

It's a long shot, but I think Brad Keselowski with a new team can do it.  He showed so much promise in the duels winning the non-points duel first race.  He is a former champion when he won with Dodge back in 2012.

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #245 on: 2022-03-06 16:50:43 »

So like.... there is a new football league starting this year.  The USFL.  United States Football League.  That name was used in the 70s, but it's back again with a small numbers of teams who will play over 40 games.  The main issue I see is the lack of diversity in teams.  There are no sports teams for the west, No Seattle or Portland team, not even California.  So there is turning off for everyone out west to have no reason to watch.  The majority of teams of east and down south.

Their innagural game is April 16th, 2022.

https://www.theusfl.com

The teams are...

Birmingham Stallions
Houston Gamblers
Michigan Panthers
New Jersey Generals
New Orleans Breakers
Philadelphia Stars
Pittsburgh Maulers
Tampa Bay Bandits

Too many teams in such a localized region.  Why does Pennslyvania get two teams?  Why the heck does Alabama get a team?
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #246 on: 2022-03-08 14:58:33 »

Oh my gosh!  This is huge.

Seahawks trading QB Russell Wilson to Denver Broncos

Article

The Seattle Seahawks have reportedly made the biggest deal in franchise history as multiple reports broke late Tuesday morning that star quarterback Russell Wilson has been traded to the Denver Broncos.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, who was the first to report the trade, said the deal will result in the Broncos receiving Wilson and a draft pick in exchange for a package made up of multiple first-round picks, additional draft picks and several players. The Broncos currently hold the No. 9 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, which is one pick ahead of the selection the Seahawks traded in 2020 to the New York Jets in a deal for safety Jamal Adams.

As ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports, Wilson has a no-trade clause and must OK the deal and pass a physical. Wilson is signed through just 2023.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the Seahawks will receive two first-round picks, two second-round picks, a fifth-round pick and three players for Wilson and a fourth-round pick.

Schefter also reported that quarterback Drew Lock, a 2019 second-round pick, is part of the deal coming to Seattle from Denver. He added that Shelby Harris, a defensive lineman, is also part of the return. The reported third player is tight end Noah Fant, according to CBS’s Allan Bell.

Wilson, 33, was the Seahawks’ third-round round pick in 2012 after a standout collegiate career at North Carolina State and Wisconsin, and he immediately became the team’s starter.

Wilson led the Seahawks to a playoff berth as a rookie in 2012, and the following year he quarterbacked the Seahawks to their first Super Bowl title. Seattle returned to the Super Bowl in 2014 as well, where the Hawks lost to New England.

Wilson has set nearly every passing record in Seahawks history during his 10 years in Seattle. Overall, Wilson has a career 104-53-1 record with 292 touchdowns, 87 interceptions and 37,059 yards.

Trade rumors involving Wilson have occurred for years but heated up in 2021 when he voiced displeasure about pass protection and his involvement in roster building. Wilson’s camp then reportedly gave Schefter a list of four teams he’d consider waiving his no-trade clause to – none of which were the Broncos.

Wilson remained in Seattle for the 2021 season, though, and the Seahawks and the star quarterback publicly said that the trade speculation was overblown.

The Seahawks went 7-10 last year with Wilson missing three games due to a midseason finger injury and struggling upon his return. Rumors started to swirl again but Wilson declared he wanted to stay with the Seahawks. Head coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider told reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine last week that they weren’t shopping Wilson but admitted they were taking phone calls regarding the star quarterback.

According to the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Washington Commanders offered the Seahawks a substantial trade offer for Wilson last week that was ultimately denied.

The Broncos were tied for Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in rumors as their new head coach, Nathaniel Hackett, was Rodgers’ offensive coordinator in Green Bay for three years. But Rodgers reportedly is signing an extension with the Packers.

While it may seem that the Broncos pivoted to Wilson amid reports Rodgers is staying a Packer, Schefter said Denver has had its eyes on Wilson for a while.

flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #247 on: 2022-03-08 15:59:38 »

Oh my gosh!  This is huge.

Seahawks trading QB Russell Wilson to Denver Broncos

Article

The Seattle Seahawks have reportedly made the biggest deal in franchise history as multiple reports broke late Tuesday morning that star quarterback Russell Wilson has been traded to the Denver Broncos.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, who was the first to report the trade, said the deal will result in the Broncos receiving Wilson and a draft pick in exchange for a package made up of multiple first-round picks, additional draft picks and several players. The Broncos currently hold the No. 9 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, which is one pick ahead of the selection the Seahawks traded in 2020 to the New York Jets in a deal for safety Jamal Adams.

As ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports, Wilson has a no-trade clause and must OK the deal and pass a physical. Wilson is signed through just 2023.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the Seahawks will receive two first-round picks, two second-round picks, a fifth-round pick and three players for Wilson and a fourth-round pick.

Schefter also reported that quarterback Drew Lock, a 2019 second-round pick, is part of the deal coming to Seattle from Denver. He added that Shelby Harris, a defensive lineman, is also part of the return. The reported third player is tight end Noah Fant, according to CBS’s Allan Bell.

Wilson, 33, was the Seahawks’ third-round round pick in 2012 after a standout collegiate career at North Carolina State and Wisconsin, and he immediately became the team’s starter.

Wilson led the Seahawks to a playoff berth as a rookie in 2012, and the following year he quarterbacked the Seahawks to their first Super Bowl title. Seattle returned to the Super Bowl in 2014 as well, where the Hawks lost to New England.

Wilson has set nearly every passing record in Seahawks history during his 10 years in Seattle. Overall, Wilson has a career 104-53-1 record with 292 touchdowns, 87 interceptions and 37,059 yards.

Trade rumors involving Wilson have occurred for years but heated up in 2021 when he voiced displeasure about pass protection and his involvement in roster building. Wilson’s camp then reportedly gave Schefter a list of four teams he’d consider waiving his no-trade clause to – none of which were the Broncos.

Wilson remained in Seattle for the 2021 season, though, and the Seahawks and the star quarterback publicly said that the trade speculation was overblown.

The Seahawks went 7-10 last year with Wilson missing three games due to a midseason finger injury and struggling upon his return. Rumors started to swirl again but Wilson declared he wanted to stay with the Seahawks. Head coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider told reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine last week that they weren’t shopping Wilson but admitted they were taking phone calls regarding the star quarterback.

According to the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Washington Commanders offered the Seahawks a substantial trade offer for Wilson last week that was ultimately denied.

The Broncos were tied for Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in rumors as their new head coach, Nathaniel Hackett, was Rodgers’ offensive coordinator in Green Bay for three years. But Rodgers reportedly is signing an extension with the Packers.

While it may seem that the Broncos pivoted to Wilson amid reports Rodgers is staying a Packer, Schefter said Denver has had its eyes on Wilson for a while.

Seattle's loss is going to totally change the NFC.  I wonder who they will get to be the next quarterback?  Russell at Denver will change the AFC.  I bet he will get a Super Bowl ring again in 2-3 years time.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #248 on: 2022-03-11 00:16:54 »

I have no idea what Seattle will do, but with Russell Wilson at Denver, they will likely be an awesome team next season.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #249 on: 2022-03-13 16:23:02 »

NASCAR race at Phoenix ended.  New winner, Chase Briscoe!  Congrats! The racing has been excellent this year.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #250 on: 2022-04-09 17:22:41 »

Opening day of MLB was the other day.  It went on without a hitch. 

There is something relaxing about turning on the radio and hearing baseball again. :)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #251 on: 2022-04-14 18:21:03 »

USFL reboot started this weekend. 
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #252 on: 2022-04-15 17:51:38 »

Yep.  Starts Saturday.  I am curious to see how it plays out.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #253 on: 2022-05-22 14:52:25 »

Anyone else here been watching the USFL?  I've been watching it on and off, but I have kept up with the standings.  It's clear who the good teams are to the worst teams... though that is getting more blurred each week.  They all are pretty decent to some degree.  They have their strengths and weaknesses. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #254 on: 2022-05-31 01:08:26 »

Anyone else here been watching the USFL?  I've been watching it on and off, but I have kept up with the standings.  It's clear who the good teams are to the worst teams... though that is getting more blurred each week.  They all are pretty decent to some degree.  They have their strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah.  I've seen bits and pieces.  I follow the results.  From what I've seen it's been pretty good.  Some decent talent.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Sports Conversation « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024