PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Google Stadia Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Google Stadia Discussion  (Read 7303 times)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2019-08-20 15:37:02 »

I really don't get this thing I watched there stadia connect and there getting games that will be on ps4 a console everyone owns you would thing they would try and get exclusives the only reason anyone would even try it

Like it or not, the Stadia is a brilliant idea that many have wanted to do up till this point.  It gets rid of consoles and doesn't require people to choose and be loyal to one console or waste money buying all of them.  Instead all they need is a tv and a Stadia account.  For people who don't care about brand loyalty or don't want to spend much money, they can play any game, across any platform. 

It's biggest draw back will be requiring an internet connection and good wifi to stream the games steadily.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-20 15:37:37 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2019-11-13 21:54:09 »

Google Stadia this month...

Here are more things learned from the recent AMA convention... today.

Article
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2019-11-14 14:00:34 »

According to this guy, it's already off to a weird start.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2019-11-14 14:16:18 »

The Stadia will struggle for sure... possibly fail.  It will be that first stepping stone that will be used as an example to build off of for future generations of products similar to this.  People will learn from it. 

As it is now, Stadia is well overpriced.  You have for a console, you pay for a service, and you get old games and nothing new.  It's not a new game console... it's a service.  It has been marketed poorly and wrongly.  It isn't going to compete with the Playstation's and Xbox's of the world.  Sony and Microsoft have their own subscription services that are more affordable and offer more value.

So when ti comes to the Stadia and it's future, it will come down to what is the value of this product and service?  That's what it will be.

Whether the system fails or flounders around a few years, it will be learned from, improved upon, and be made better in the future whether Google comes back with a new era of the Stadia idea, or another company makes something better.

As it is now, with Sony and Microsoft about to release their next generation consoles early next year, the Stadia will be forgotten.  There is no draw to the Stadia.  No unique or third party games just for the Stadia... it's just.... an overpriced subscription service.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2019-11-15 16:44:52 »

The Stadia will struggle for sure... possibly fail.  It will be that first stepping stone that will be used as an example to build off of for future generations of products similar to this.  People will learn from it. 

As it is now, Stadia is well overpriced.  You have for a console, you pay for a service, and you get old games and nothing new.  It's not a new game console... it's a service.  It has been marketed poorly and wrongly.  It isn't going to compete with the Playstation's and Xbox's of the world.  Sony and Microsoft have their own subscription services that are more affordable and offer more value.

So when ti comes to the Stadia and it's future, it will come down to what is the value of this product and service?  That's what it will be.

Whether the system fails or flounders around a few years, it will be learned from, improved upon, and be made better in the future whether Google comes back with a new era of the Stadia idea, or another company makes something better.

As it is now, with Sony and Microsoft about to release their next generation consoles early next year, the Stadia will be forgotten.  There is no draw to the Stadia.  No unique or third party games just for the Stadia... it's just.... an overpriced subscription service.

That all makes sense too.  It's going to be made an example of to build off of.  It's possible Google knows it won't be a huge success but they can learn and do what they do best.... gather data.... and use that data to improve things in the future.  You know the other big companies are watching too.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2019-11-19 15:12:40 »

Stadia is off to a quiet start and lackluster reviews.  But it's early.  Give it time.... but why are they releasing this now if it isn't ready?

Google Stadia review: cloud gaming brought down to earth: Stadia lands far from its potential - Polygon

Google Stadia: The input lag is horrendous. - Washington Post

Google Stadia review: Gaming's streaming future isn't here yet... - CNET

Stadia Is An Unplayable Mess, Technical Disaster - Forbes.

Muted Launch for Google's Game-Streaming Service Stadia - NBC

Google Stadia review: New game streaming service leaves more questions than answers - GeekWire
« Last Edit: 2019-11-19 15:14:08 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2019-11-20 16:13:33 »

More reviews are coming in and it's quite negative.  As a matter of fact, the consensus is that Google's launch of Stadia is a disaster so far with it not working, lagging, and unplayable.

But as with other games and services, we've had bad launched before.  This is sort of new technology and they need to work over the hurdles.  It may get better down the road.  We'll keep watching.

Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2019-11-21 17:54:59 »

Did anyone get it I'd be interested to hear what you guys have to say about it i have playstation now and I really enjoy it
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2019-11-22 15:10:09 »

No way.  I wouldn't touch the Stadia with a ten foot pole.  It's expensive, you have to pay monthly for old games, and it's insecure.  I doubt most gamers bought it.  I am curious if someone did buy it though.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2019-11-22 15:39:09 »

The reviews everywhere are horrible for Stadia.  It seems to be the popular thing to pile up the negativity on this product.... and I understand why.

No plans to buy this.  I never intended too. 

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: 2019-11-23 15:35:04 »

Currently Stadia is a burning bag of poo.  I wonder if they can put out the fire.
megacycle

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2019-11-24 05:54:13 »

The only way this will work... is to dump a bunch of money into it and get little to no profit until they get their user base up and service stable. Will they be willing to take the L at the start to launch this new platform while competing against the well known consoles already out or coming soon. Xbox. PlayStation. Nintendo. The big three. PC. The master race. I don't really see them coming out on top for this one... it'll flop and remain a flop.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: 2019-12-02 16:51:16 »

More news!

Google Stadia users are reporting overheated Chromecast Ultras.

Google Rejects Stadia Gamers’ Complaints on Overheated Chromecast Ultras

Yes, good practice!  Reject your buyer base!
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2019-12-02 18:55:12 »

They've gotta take what profit they can get from this pile of shit it's pretty apearent they rushed the shit out of this abomination
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2019-12-03 22:59:46 »

They and all the others will learn from this... come back... improve.
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Google Stadia Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024