PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion  (Read 20794 times)
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: 2020-03-11 11:18:23 »

What bothers me more right now is Scooby's new ability to speak perfect English like Littlest Pet Shop.

Actually, since Frank Welker officially took over the role twenty years ago, Scoob's English has gradually but markedly improved.  I still prefer Don Messick's classic "speech impediment" delivery, though.  I do like the references to "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" with Shaggy and Scooby as kids, but it's going to take more than cutesy metahumor and nostalgic nods to make this one work.

Eric Bauza replaces Billy West once again (he previously took over for the versatile actor as the voices of Stimpy and Woody Woodpecker), he's now the new voice of Bugs Bunny. (I'd just gotten used to Jeff Bergman.) So why are they revisiting this turd? I though they gave it up when the first movie did poorly and plans for a sequel called Skate Jam (starring Tony Hawk) fell through. 

Well, at least they didn't go with Tiger Woods in "Golf Jam".
« Last Edit: 2020-03-11 11:18:56 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2020-03-11 19:06:01 »

Frank Welker does good, but your observation of how Scooby gets better and better at English is true.  I am not sure if that's a good thing or not.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2020-05-18 16:31:45 »

Scoob is being panned.  It's being considered weird why they combined universes.  Story was also poor.

For those who don't read reviews, here is a video instead.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2020-05-18 17:01:26 »

Saw that coming.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2020-05-19 14:24:41 »

I didn't have high hopes.  But I still want to see what they did.

Why can't they ever make a good Scooby Doo related movie?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-19 14:24:57 by Kiwi » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2020-05-20 17:47:05 »

One of the main criticisms is that the film tries to cram in to many old shows into a movie about Scooby Doo... which in the end, it doesn't feel like a Scooby Doo movie.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2020-05-20 18:21:37 »

Based on these clips, Dyno-mutt is smart now and very jaded.

Also they added some unknown female character to be politically correct.... so?  Yeah?

Video
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2020-05-20 18:29:10 »

Why is it so hard for them to make a simple and good SCOOBY MOVIE?  They don't need all this other space/out of this world crap!  No monsters, super natural crap, and no super heroes!  Stick to the original formula.  The bad guys were always real people.  Gosh.  This movie looks like utter shite.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2020-05-20 18:31:37 »

I would argue THIS is better than any of the Scooby Movies that have had theatrical releases.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: 2020-05-21 00:31:52 »

Awww, this is too bad it's a stinker of a movie.

I still wish to see it though and see what they did. 

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2020-05-21 00:50:29 »

I was really hoping for a sneeze, but a friend of mine who watched it said there was none. They also said the movie "sucked pretty badly."  They said it had potential, but it was ruined with too much trying to be done, too many characters, and a lot of stuff that had zero to do with the Scooby universe.  They said in short they wished it was just a well written Scooby mystery in that animation style. 

Imagine how cool that would have been?  Even to maybe make it dark.... or humorous.  I would be fine with that.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2020-05-21 13:14:02 »

I do like how the designed the characters.  It's obvious care was done on that and they wanted to expand the universe, but got over ambitious.
Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2020-05-21 13:40:04 »

I was really hoping for a sneeze, but a friend of mine who watched it said there was none.

I was really hoping for a Scooby sneeze also.  Especially since they gave this Scooby Doo nostrils, not just a nose ;D.  They really could have done so much with that nose in this movie >:(.  I still remember the first test footage I saw last Summer when they had Scooby come up to the camera and sniff it.  It was amazing ;D.  It's what gave me the idea for my last Scooby Doo comic "Lumberjack Scooby" ;D.  That and Bugs Bunny  :-]
I know that people keep putting down the live action movies they made and trust me I'm not a fan of them either but at least in the second one they had Scooby sneeze :).  It wasn't the best sneeze but at least they had him do it.

On a none sneeze subject, Shaggy's new voice!  I read an article a while back that the actor (Matthew Lillard) who played Shaggy in the two live action movies and has been voicing Shaggy in all the cartoons ever since wasn't even offered the role of Shaggy in Scoob!  To be honest I didn't know that he had been voicing Shaggy in the cartoons but I think he did a really good job at it.  I mean when I have watched the cartoons I always thought that Shaggy sounded like Shaggy (if that makes sense).  Regardless I think that it really stinks that he wasn't even offered the role :(.  Below is a link to one of the articles.
https://www.altpress.com/news/scooby-doo-matthew-lillard-scoob-interview/

Anyway, with all the bad reviews I keep reading I'm not sure I'm even going to watch this new movie.  It might be worth skipping.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-21 13:40:28 by Daphine » Logged
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2020-05-22 19:04:15 »

Another review.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2020-05-23 00:16:31 »

Anyway, with all the bad reviews I keep reading I'm not sure I'm even going to watch this new movie.  It might be worth skipping.

It isn't a Scooby Doo movie really. It's more like a Hannah Barbara cartoon reunion with Scooby in it.
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024