PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Sony Pictures Animation Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sony Pictures Animation Discussion  (Read 17918 times)
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2019-11-07 09:25:41 »

Need I say more
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2019-12-20 11:03:17 »

Looking for a good place to post a shot of a Spider-Man comic sneeze I found.
 A bit meta, don't you think?    Hope that wasn't based on an actual incident on-set.   :-]   Ick.
  Full issue here.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-20 11:03:55 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2019-12-20 16:28:00 »

I don't know what that is?  2022? 

Edit:

Oh spiderman.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-20 16:28:15 by Grapefoot » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2020-01-17 22:09:08 »

Sony this year is giving us "The Mitchell's vs. the Machines." 

Next is "Wish Dragon."

Sadly they are giving us "Peter Rabbit 2."

Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2020-01-18 08:49:09 »

The most interesting and original one to me looks like WIsh Dragon.  It could be cute with a great story if they don't make it poorly.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2020-01-19 23:26:59 »

I'm still waiting for the long-rumored Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs III.  It's supposed to take the franchise into space with a whole food planet.  It seems, though, Sony/Dreamworks is putting all its eggs in the prequel basket, what with shows based on both CWaC and Hotel Transylvania in production.  Speaking of, anyone else heard talk of a them doing a HT 4?

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2020-01-20 16:21:56 »

I hadn't heard about a CWACM III.  I liked the first film a good amount.  Second was... okay. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2020-01-20 22:52:24 »

@NostradamusTheSeer
I'm still waiting for the long-rumored Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs III.  It's supposed to take the franchise into space with a whole food planet.  It seems, though, Sony/Dreamworks is putting all its eggs in the prequel basket, what with shows based on both CWaC and Hotel Transylvania in production.  Speaking of, anyone else heard talk of a them doing a HT 4?

Well there is the book the series is based off of.  Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3: Planet of the Pies.

Sony Animation also did an animated series for Cartoon Network which wasn't awful, but CN didn't care about it all and it was in a bad time slot and already forgotten less than a year in.  They also tried to pitch it to Canada's Teletoon who is known for equally crappy cartoons, but they canned it and another crummy cartoon channel, YTV took it before also canning it.  Strangely in just 2 seasons, they were able to make 104 episodes no one wanted.

As I said the cartoon wasn't bad.  But the networks didn't want it at all.  The series did some further depth with the characters including clarifying that Flint and Sam had known each others before the first movie.

On February 2, 2018, DHX Media announced the series has been picked up for a second season. On November 30, 2018, the show was made available for streaming on Netflix in the United States.  Strangely while the show wasn't a success in the US, Turner Broadcasting ordered that second season for it's Cartoon Network channels in other world markets such as Europe, South America, and Asia... where is must have been good enough to warrant more.  And even though it wasn't successful in Canada, it has received eight Canadian Screen Award nominations... which shows to you how low their standards are.

More recently, CBS All Access bought the rights to start airing the show again in the US.

As for a new Cloudy Meatballs movie... no word.  Which is odd.  The movie was a financial success each time.

----------------------

As for Hotel Trans 4, it is happening and has a slated release of 2021.  Sadly, Genndy Tartakovsky confirms he won’t be in the director’s chair for that movie.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-20 22:56:05 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2020-01-21 20:20:13 »

As for Hotel Trans 4, it is happening and has a slated release of 2021.  Sadly, Genndy Tartakovsky confirms he won’t be in the director’s chair for that movie.

He made it redeemable.  I hope the next person in charge can keep the cartoony-ness of it all.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2020-03-03 21:47:42 »

Sony is releasing a new animated movie coming later this year in September called Connected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c52Z5sMuTQ

I'm honestly really exited for this movie! Hopefully it will be as amazing as Spiderverse! ;D
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2020-03-03 22:04:00 »

I liked how it looked and it looks good.... well it looked good until they added the killer robots.  That killed it for me.  Otherwise it looked endearing about a father trying to win his daughter back on a journey.  Yeaaaah, the robots killed it unfortunately.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2020-03-06 14:24:26 »

Removed old Link didn't work.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-06 14:26:12 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2020-03-06 14:25:52 »

New film: Connected.

I like the road trip idea... but not the save the world aspect that seems tacked on.  Seems studios feel like they always have to make things go over the top when they make a movie.  I don't know why? :(
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2020-03-06 16:56:58 »

I'll give the trailer this. It wasn't what I expected at all. It looks like at first that it's gonna be a cheesy family roadtrip film like Goofy Movie or RV, but then they throw in a machine uprising. That got me laughing so I'm gonna give it a chance. These are the same guys behind Spiderverse so for now, I intend to give it at least one theater watch.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: 2020-03-06 18:53:48 »

Goofy Movie

First of all.... GOOFY MOVIE IS THE BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD.  EVER.  PERIOD.  FACT.

but then they throw in a machine uprising. That got me laughing so I'm gonna give it a chance.

Second... it's not surprising though.  By trying to be "crazy and wild" it instead becomes expected.  We all expected it wouldn't just be a slice of life movie.  It has me disappointed over the robots.  Make that a different movie.  Please just make a slice of life, true to life, family movie for once!  Surprise us by being heartwarming and down to earth for once Hollyweird!
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Sony Pictures Animation Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024