PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Sony Pictures Animation Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sony Pictures Animation Discussion  (Read 17934 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: 2022-07-24 21:31:35 »

FIXED WILL BE RATED R AND 2D ANIMATED

Sony is going to shake things up.  Their next film is going to be a 2D animated movie and it will be an R RATED movie.  It will be written by Genndy Tartakovsky. Article

Samurai Jack and Primal creator Genndy Tartakovsky is currently developing an R-rated raunchy animated comedy titled Fixed. The film is about “a dog who finds out he's gonna get neutered in the morning, and what does he do with his next 24 hours?”

This is a film that Tartakovsky has been trying to get this movie made over the past 12 years. He says that “It's gonna look really good, and it's got heart, but then it's got the super raunch. I've never really seen anything like it.”

During a recent interview with IndieWire, the filmmaker offered a bit more insight on the film, saying he’s following the “101 Dalmatians rules, but it's got swearing and these R-rated things." He explained:

"The animation gods blessed me with the premise ... In its own self, it's a unicorn, this project. It's got raunchy comedy, we're doing all the layouts here so it's very hand-crafted. It's got heart, it's got real character humor and not filled with one liners. And the dogs act like canines and not humans ... t's like we're following the 'One Hundred and One Dalmatians' rules, but it's got swearing and these R-rated things."

Tartakovsky has been talking a lot about this project recently and he’s obviously very excited and passionate about it. He’s such a talented storyteller and I can’t wait to see what he delivers with Fixed!

« Last Edit: 2022-07-24 21:32:41 by Silverwing » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: 2022-07-24 21:53:10 »

FIXED WILL BE RATED R AND 2D ANIMATED

You have my attention.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: 2022-07-27 14:04:22 »

Lol!
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #78 on: 2022-07-27 18:35:13 »

Interesting.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: 2022-08-03 16:47:32 »

Until we know more, I guess we just have to wait around.

In the meantime, their next film is scheduled to be "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse."  That comes out in 2023.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: 2022-08-04 11:47:31 »

Sony is going to shake things up.  Their next film... Fixed  is about “a dog who finds out he's gonna get neutered in the morning, and what does he do with his next 24 hours?

Sounds like a restful change from the irritatingly "woke" direction currently being taken by companies like Disney.  I've had some pretty intense discussions online about spaying/neutering. I'm really not in favor of the practice, and I've written as much in the past. Just casually saying you're not really on board with getting your pets fixed, I've found, is as unpopular as announcing you're pro-life.  I find many progressive pinheads are as adamant (and ignorant) about neutering as a means of animal population control as they are about abortion rights for women. Debates can get pretty nasty on both sides with each camp trying to tear the other apart. So, yes, I'm looking forward to this movie, even if it isn't exactly how I would approach it.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #81 on: 2022-08-04 13:48:32 »

^ I'm sure this film will be attacked by the left and the woke.  There is no way around it.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: 2023-02-09 23:17:59 »

Upcoming films for the studio in 2023 are...

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse for June 2, 2023. 

That seems to be it.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #83 on: 2023-02-16 13:27:16 »

The SPA movie, The Mitchells vs. The Machines had side characters who are the Poseys (the Mitchells' neighbors) and Katie's friends from Katie's College, but they only had very small roles in the movie such as how we didn't see their perspective subplots of them during the machine apocalypse. (aside from the Poseys being seen captured and Jade getting captured in a video message she sent to Katie in one scene of the movie)

I kinda want them to have larger roles especially to know more about Katie's friends since they only had very few seconds of screen time in the movie, and I also want to know how their experiences through the machine apocalypse went just as a little set up to their character developments.

Does anyone who have seen The Mitchells vs. The Machines think that?

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: 2023-02-16 14:54:38 »

What you're talking about is An Afternoon In The Spotight. If you want it, doll, write it. Can you turn in an outline, a coherent film treatment, and fart out six or seven pages of workable script in a week, ten days? Give me a reason to care about these people. You're going to have to make me love a character I only saw for about five seconds in screen-time.  Court me. Woo me. Pull my heartstrings. Tickle my fancy. [bleep] my [bleep]. Metaphorically, of course. I don't need another headache with the h.r. or the p.r. folks. If the studios dig it, they can have UMCiMvTMP out by Christmas... maybe as a DVD extra on Boss Baby III, or a ten-episode order slated to drop on Netflix the same day as It's Bruno season two and the Tiger King season four  claymation holiday special.

This is how I write. I have a cork-board full of index cards pinned up to it... handwritten bits and gags, random doodles, titles without stories, story prompts without titles, x meets y's, a whole lot of floating pieces that should not logically fit together in any way, but somehow I make them fit.

I'm always working. This is why I'm only 47 and I look 75.    Help me.

FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: 2023-02-16 19:40:12 »

Shave or trim the scruffy beard and you'd probably clean up well.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #86 on: 2023-02-17 21:32:38 »

I'm always working. This is why I'm only 47 and I look 75.    Help me.

Shave unless you use the beard to give you chin strength.  Beards age someone a ton.  I got rid of mine when I realized I looked like a insufferable dick.  Now I just go with the stubble look or nicely trimmed beard. 
« Last Edit: 2023-02-17 21:39:03 by Wolfwood » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: 2023-06-09 12:41:42 »

This is a topic for all Sony Pictures Animation Films. Sony Pictures Animation Inc. is an American animation studio owned by Sony Entertainment's Sony Pictures Entertainment through their Motion Picture Group division and founded on May 9, 2002.

They are known for films such as Open Season, Hotel Transylvania, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, The Angry Birds Movie, and Spider-Man series.
« Last Edit: 2023-06-09 12:41:59 by RainySunshine » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #88 on: 2023-06-09 12:43:08 »

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse has released. As of June 8, it has made $257.9 million against a budget of $100 million. Reviews are positive.

« Last Edit: 2023-06-09 12:48:31 by Darrin » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #89 on: 2023-06-09 12:44:26 »

We do have a topic.  Topics merged. ;D

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Sony Pictures Animation Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024