PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Walt Disney Animation Studios Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walt Disney Animation Studios Discussion  (Read 8687 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2019-07-20 14:25:42 »

Walt Disney Animation Studios Discussion

A topic for past, present, and future Walt Disney Animation Studios films.  Walt Disney Animation Studios started in 1923 under the command of Walt Disney himself and is recognized as one of the premier animation studios in the world. Not to be confused with Disney Television Animation.

They are known for films such as the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Bambi, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, Oliver and Company, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Tarzan, The Emperor's New Groove, Lily & Stitch, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Zootopia, and more.  They have done traditional hand drawn animation and 3D CGI.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2019-07-20 14:26:42 »

Currently Walt Disney Animation Studios has one future movie planned that is named, plus three others that are unnamed as of July 20th, 2019.

Frozen 2 - November 22, 2019.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-07-21 13:51:24 »

Weird they only have one known film so far.  Never seen the first Frozen.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-11-17 13:44:06 »

Frozen II has released to average reviews. Despite that, it will probably make bonkers money in the box office.

Review

Synopsis: Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven journey to a land shrouded in mist and discover the unspoken history of their ancestors.

REVIEW: On the surface, “Frozen II” is a less challenging narrative as Anna and Elsa set out on an adventure that finds them exploring the impact of their grandfather’s actions and the origins of Elsa’s powers. Along the way there are songs of self-discovery, an ‘80s-inspired music video, awkward romance and lots of Olaf silliness. There is also danger, disappointment and sacrifice. It’s not exactly bold, but it gets the job done without duplicating too much of the original story.

Visually, the film is gorgeous. It's easy to forget how far digital animation has come. I still love hand-drawn animation, but the detail here is astounding.

The songs are good. “Into the Unknown” wants to be 2019’s “Let It Go,” but even Idina Menzel can’t quite raise the tune to that level. But we get to visit with old friends, learn a thing or two about them (as they learn a thing or two about themselves) and ,ultimately, I suspect that is what most audiences are craving. There’s even an almost happily-ever-after ending that feels like a victory, but comes with a cost. I wonder if the writers are cognizant and intended the heartbreaking subtext that comes with it?

“Frozen II” is unlikely to be the cultural touchstone that the original was, but it certainly doesn’t diminish or brand or its legacy.

3.5/5 POINTS
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2019-11-17 14:31:44 »

I still never saw the first movie. ;D
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2019-11-24 10:20:41 »

I saw Frozen 2. Honestly I enjoyed it a lot. There is even 1 sneeze in the movie, although...it is not a sneeze that will get any attention from people XD it happened extremely briefly with a non important side child character.

Here are my quick thoughts on the movie.

-there are a lot more facial expressions in this movie compared to the first movie. I liked the animation for both the characters and the backgrounds.

-there are a lot of songs in this movie. Two of them really surprised me in a positive way. Anna has a song that hits right in the feels. I think the song is on YouTube. I highly recommend listening to it. Spen the reindeer actually has his own highlights during Kristoff song and it is neat to see. At least to me personally XD

-Elsa lets her hair become loose and free looking. it is a very pretty design choice.

-the story has some massive things that I had nickpics about, but I liked the overall message a lot.

-both Anna and Elsa get soaked and actually comment about how chilly they feel. I had plenty of head cannon thoughts about colds happening to them XD

-there are very heavy correlations in this movie that could be influenced by Avatar the last airbender.

-olaf the snowman has a bizarre change in this movie. It was...odd hearing him speak throughout the entire movie.

-water. So much water in this movie. It is animated really well.

-there are spirits in this movie. Some of them really needed to have a humanlike appearance.

-last thought. There are a few moments in this movie that stunned me about how noses were shown in this movie and it made me wonder what could have happened if a sneeze happened to multiple characters during these moments.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2019-11-24 12:18:58 »

Would you say the film was better than the first one? 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2019-12-01 16:28:02 »

So lets check in.  How much has Frozen II done so far?

Currently at $738 million worldwide.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2019-12-01 22:12:56 »

I actually went and saw Frozen 2 opening night. The movie was alright but the highlight was this. Josh Gad (the voice of Olaf) showed up to my theater to say hello.

https://twitter.com/PrincessDedpool/status/1197726643092983809

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2019-12-01 22:17:44 »

Thats pretty cool!  What are the chances he'd be at the theater you choose?  Small world!

Surprised how many open seats there are for a grand opening night.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-01 22:18:17 by Rainberry » Logged

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2019-12-02 16:40:29 »

That's neat.  Too bad I don't know who he is. ;)

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2020-01-17 21:57:06 »

FOX Animation (owned by Disney) is giving us a BOB'S BURGERS Movie this year.

Walt Disney Animatiom Studio's is giving us, "Raya and the Last Dragon," and "The One And Only Ivan."
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2020-02-25 17:28:47 »

Disney CEO Bob Iger steps down, Bob Chapek named new head of Walt Disney Co.

Article

The Walt Disney Co. has named Bob Chapek CEO, replacing Bob Iger, effective immediately.

The surprise announcement Tuesday makes Iger executive chairman. He will direct the company's "creative endeavors, while leading the Board and providing the full benefit of his experience, leadership and guidance to ensure a smooth and successful transition through the end of his contract," according to a press release announcing the leadership change. 

Chapek was most recently chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. Prior to that he was chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts since 2015.

Iger will remain executive chairman through the end of his contract Dec. 31, 2021.

“With the successful launch of Disney’s direct-to-consumer businesses and the integration of Twenty-First Century Fox well underway, I believe this is the optimal time to transition to a new CEO,” Iger said in Tuesday's announcement.

"I have the utmost confidence in Bob and look forward to working closely with him over the next 22 months as he assumes this new role and delves deeper into Disney’s multifaceted global businesses and operations, while I continue to focus on the Company’s creative endeavors,” he added

Iger became CEO of Disney in 2005, succeeding longtime chief Michael Eisner. He steered Disney through successful acquisitions of Lucasfilms, Marvel, Pixar and other brands that became big moneymakers for Disney.

Chapek will be just the seventh CEO in Disney's nearly 100-year history.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2020-03-07 12:43:44 »

So since Disney bought 20th Century Fox Animation, that means Disney owns, Blue Sky Studios too.

In August 2019, it was announced that Andrew Millstein would be stepping down from his role as president, before moving on to become co-president of Blue Sky Studios alongside Robert Baird, while Clark Spencer has been named president of Disney Animation, reporting to Walt Disney Studios chairman, Alan Bergman and working alongside chief creative officer, Jennifer Lee.

In October 2019, it was announced that Carlos López Estrada, Suzi Yoonessi, along with Disney veterans Josie Trinidad and Marc Smith have been working on four new original films.

The studio's next feature film was the sequel Frozen II, released in November 2019.  Disney has otherwise remained quiet on their next upcoming projects. 
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 12:48:28 by Rainberry » Logged

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2020-03-11 22:04:43 »

It might have something to do with the acquisitions. Consolidating, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Walt Disney Animation Studios Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024