PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Amazing Digital Circus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Amazing Digital Circus  (Read 362 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2023-10-28 00:29:03 »

A new original series has popped on on Youtube by Glitch Productions called, "The Amazing Digital Circus."  They released their pilot and well, it's making quite a stir for the character design of Pomni.  They immediately went all in to sell tons of merchandise as well.  They are hoping by selling merchandise, they can green light a full season of the show.  It is created by Gooseworx

Share you thoughts of the series below.

« Last Edit: 2023-10-28 00:34:32 by Silverwing » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-10-28 00:30:34 »

Personally, I thought the pilot was crummy.  Nothing about this interested me and the jokes didn't land.  I can't say I really liked any other the characters and nothing really got me excited about this "amazing" world.  It seemed flat.  Some of the expressions for Pomni were good, as was the voice acting for her and a few other characters... but most I didn't like and I didn't like the setting or world.

If this was to get me excited about more, I couldn't care less if it continues.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-10-28 17:02:56 »

I just got done watching it about an hour ago and it didn't really capture me.  I think it was 'ok.'  But based on all the comments on the video, you'd think it's the greatest thing on earth.  I didn't find it that fun and the B-Plot was truly awful.  I am sure if they work together more, make some more content, it can be okay or even good.  But as it was right now, for a pilot, I wouldn't greenlight it. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-10-29 15:35:13 »

Mediocre is how I would describe it. There were a few hints of good (voice acting, music, some of the character designs) but a lot of average to below average (the writing, the story, the character designs, the world design, the story, the jokes) That's really all I got.  I am just excited to see new and independent animators and creators more than anything.

It is growing in views, currently at 45 million.
« Last Edit: 2023-10-29 15:37:16 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-10-31 13:03:02 »

Other than I keep seeing Pomni pop up all over Youtube, I haven't watched it yet, nor do I know anything about it.
Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-11-09 12:29:30 »

I watched it and it was fine.  But it certainly needs touches to improve things.  The B-PLOT was weak as can be and the characters are all still pretty abstract.  We get their basics, but there is no urge for me to care for them yet. Animation and sound is fantastic!
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2024-03-13 00:00:21 »

I guess this is continuing?? :-\  It will give it time to improve I guess... or get worse.

I found this funnier than the actual pilot.

« Last Edit: 2024-03-13 00:10:38 by Silverwing » Logged
Crimson Crest

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2024-03-13 12:12:14 »

Caine jump-scare! At least he isn't nearly as scary as the jump-scaring ghosts in Sonic Adventure 2. :nervoussmile:
EvergreenPinewood

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2024-03-13 12:22:02 »

That jump scare was so mean, lol.  I was relaxing for a moment then BAM.
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2024-03-13 14:11:12 »

This show makes me realize that the Internet as a whole will latch onto what is relatable. Part of why some sneeze scenes get really popular and other better animated sneeze scenes get less attention is the overall feelings that people as a whole feels.

This show is wild to me. A LOT of people suffer form stress and anxiety and want to escape from their problems, only to run into more problems IRL. I feel like that is why this show is STILL getting more and more views. It is shocking just how many MILLIONS of people have clicked on the original pilot.

Me personally, I think the show itself is fine. I don't think much about it other than Caine's voice actor. I knew him from previous years as a youtube fan voice for the Deltarune character named Spamton. I liked his voice for Spamton a lot, and I see the influence his older previous videos have on his current role.

This newer shorter announcement video I thought was more entertaining than the pilot. Shorter run times can be a big benefit, especially with a series that relies on energetic comedy. A full episode of some shows honestly leave me mentally exhausted X_X
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2024-03-14 00:18:10 »

I still have yet to watch this show and I am trying to go in with an open mind.  When I do watch it, I will share my thoughts.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2024-03-14 12:32:08 »

I don't know if the views are simply YT pushing it or it's genuinely popular.  I just don't see what made it popular in that pilot.  It was very 'average' to say the least.

I am all for a fun episodic jaunt, but I didn't really connect with anyone other than Pomney being scared as all else in this new world.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2024-03-16 17:41:29 »

I watched the pilot.  It was FINE.  Just fine.  Voice acting was great expesically for the little jester girl.  Everyone else was kind of forgettable and not really interesting to me.  I guess the rag doll character was alright too.  The guy characters were just comedy devices with no real depth to them at this point.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Amazing Digital Circus « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024