PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Hazbin Hotel / Helluva Boss Discussion Topic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hazbin Hotel / Helluva Boss Discussion Topic  (Read 14523 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: 2024-02-03 23:30:56 »

So I watched Amazon's HH series.  I liked it, but I cannot help but feel this would be so much better if it didn't have so much pointless swearing. It is like every other word, as if the writers aren't smart enough or can think of actual words to use.  So they just swear for no reason.  Music is great, animation is great.  This series clearly doesn't follow the Bible's true teachings as many things are distorted including how the angels don't know how to get to Heaven. 

So if you view it as pure fiction, not being related to Biblical tellings of Heaven and Hell, and Adam being similar to the real Adam and Eve, but not really, it's much easier to swallow.  They did good with the whole story, but it just felt so rushed. Never did we really relax with the characters except for maybe the first two episodes.

Spoiler (hover to show)
I felt real emotion for Adam and Lute in the finale.  His smile and her emotion towards him really hit, despite all we knew of him.

Curious to see what happens in season 2.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: 2024-02-08 11:48:11 »

Welp.  I guess I better watch this new Amazon Prime series. Should I rewatch the pilot to rejog my memory?
« Last Edit: 2024-02-08 11:48:31 by Graymist » Logged
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #62 on: 2024-02-08 11:52:12 »

Welp.  I guess I better watch this new Amazon Prime series. Should I rewatch the pilot to rejog my memory?

You do not have to, but I would recommend it.  It's probably been a few years and it does tie in, but it isn't essential.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: 2024-02-08 11:54:28 »

I would rewatch it.  You do not have to though as the new series sort of reminds people about some stuff, but not all.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #64 on: 2024-02-11 14:34:43 »

I hate this show.  Lol!  But I watched it and gotta say my favorite character is the worst of all.  Adam and Lute.  I won't give away spoilers, I just wish we saw more of them and gave them more time to develop.  Clearly something is there.

As for the music, it's great!  The pacing is weird.  They keep introducing new characters and then we spend no time with them to see who they are or why we should follow them. I hate the pointless constant swearing.  It's as if they are so immature, they can't think of real words to say.  Don't like how they are painting Heaven as some fake facade.  But overall, for an animated cartoon by the drama queen herself, I must say I am enjoying it.  Redemption is a good message to push, even though the whole setting and how redemption is given is flawed. 
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: 2024-02-11 14:48:38 »

Thank you for the answers everyone. I did restart with the pilot and I am up to episode six so far.  It's... moving very fast.  The best parts are the music and animation.  Character's are all super detailed, which is great, but it can make scenes get very crowded and busy.  There is no such thing as a background character in terms of design.  Haha!
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #66 on: 2024-02-11 17:52:03 »

I think the show really is limited with it's short seasons too.  They want to do music, they want to do world lore, but it's all crammed into 8 episodes.  That isn't enough time.

Plus you have all the drama with the creator Vivian herself.  She has an agenda for sure and if she keeps so much baggage with her, other companies might not want to work with her again in the future.  She seems to be very difficult to work with based on tons of different sources.  But who knows what is true and what isn't. 
« Last Edit: 2024-02-11 17:53:14 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: 2024-02-25 22:52:34 »

My girl Lute in her most intense moment.  Different languages doing it. English was best here.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: 2024-02-26 00:10:12 »

That was entertaining. Some had more emotion and vocal range than others.

That smile by Adam at the end though... wow.  Something was there.  Was he seeing Lute or was he seeing true peace?  I wish this series had more time to develop these two.

Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #69 on: 2024-02-27 12:23:59 »

That was interesting.  Thanks for sharing. :D
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #70 on: 2024-02-28 12:15:43 »

That was interesting.  Thanks for sharing. :D

This was post 69.  Nice.

Seems fitting a comment for this show.  :nervoussmile:
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Hazbin Hotel / Helluva Boss Discussion Topic « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024