PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: A New Decade! 2020! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: A New Decade! 2020!  (Read 7364 times)
ppl16

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2019-12-28 18:20:48 »

memes.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2019-12-28 20:54:05 »

I have pondered this a lot.  Will it be the rise of populism?  Will the conservative allegiance take over the liberal run staples in the next decade?  Is this a true new rising of conservatism different from past traditional value conservatism?  I am not sure yet.

As for everything else... I think we can look back and all the Youtube fame of nobodies becoming bigger nobodies.  It was a morally graceful period and I can't say much positive has happened within the world of entertainment.  Certainly nothing notable.

I think it will be the rise of social media and the lack of privacy and how people blindly share everything about themselves online.  It will also be remembered as the rise of smartphones into prominence and overtaking desktop and laptop computers for piddly use. 

It will also be the TRUE age of the internet.  The first decade when nearly everyone had access to it. The rise of social media as I said earlier.  It will be a decade dominated by tech for the masses and not just for the elite and those who can afford it.  It will be remembered as an age of technology the masses could afford and take advantage of.  It will be looked back upon as how naive people were too with how much info they shared of themselves and our lack of understanding about privacy online.

Future decades will build off that and possibly stuff we don't even conceive yet.

Thats my take on the 2010s.

I think you guys got it down pretty good here.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2019-12-28 23:04:59 »

I have pondered this a lot.  Will it be the rise of populism?  Will the conservative allegiance take over the liberal run staples in the next decade?  Is this a true new rising of conservatism different from past traditional value conservatism?  I am not sure yet.

As for everything else... I think we can look back and all the Youtube fame of nobodies becoming bigger nobodies.  It was a morally graceful period and I can't say much positive has happened within the world of entertainment.  Certainly nothing notable.

I think it will be the rise of social media and the lack of privacy and how people blindly share everything about themselves online.  It will also be remembered as the rise of smartphones into prominence and overtaking desktop and laptop computers for piddly use. 

It will also be the TRUE age of the internet.  The first decade when nearly everyone had access to it. The rise of social media as I said earlier.  It will be a decade dominated by tech for the masses and not just for the elite and those who can afford it.  It will be remembered as an age of technology the masses could afford and take advantage of.  It will be looked back upon as how naive people were too with how much info they shared of themselves and our lack of understanding about privacy online.

Future decades will build off that and possibly stuff we don't even conceive yet.

*Takes a bow*
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2019-12-29 16:08:31 »

Combing those ideas is definately what the decade will be remembered for.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2019-12-29 22:27:19 »

I think the 2010s will be remembered for the rise of the east (Asia) and the decline of the west (Europe) and the stabilization of the US from decline.  Whether people want to admit it or not, President Trump has slowed the nation's recent decline.  But I doubt it will hold when he leaves office.  It's a scary thought to think of the US in decline but as others rise, the US isn't growing as fast as it once did.  The economy it pumping right now... but who knows, I could be wrong in the future.  Maybe the US will remain the dominate world power.  China's economy is slowing really fast right now, Russia is in continued decline..... Not sure.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2019-12-31 00:24:25 »

Last day of the year.
✨proponypal✨

Eat some apples!

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2019-12-31 03:27:48 »

Who remembers the first time when we’d talk on a thread in a 4chan like website?
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 2019-12-31 06:09:33 »

*raises hand*

Though I never spoke up in those threads, I remember reading them constantly, and I think you guys made about 10 threads before deciding to create the 1.0 forum.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-31 06:11:25 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
✨proponypal✨

Eat some apples!

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2019-12-31 09:31:40 »

*raises hand*

Though I never spoke up in those threads, I remember reading them constantly, and I think you guys made about 10 threads before deciding to create the 1.0 forum.
Yeah! We were just a baby community then
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2019-12-31 20:20:52 »

I remember that.  Was it at Ponychan? 

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2019-12-31 20:21:34 »

« Last Edit: 2019-12-31 20:21:44 by Darrin » Logged

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2019-12-31 21:02:07 »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ;D

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2019-12-31 21:03:07 »

3 hours to go here.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: 2019-12-31 21:03:32 »

Pretty much everything in the song has come true.  Very erie classic song.  I love this song.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2019-12-31 21:04:44 »

I know that song.  It's got a forebodding tune to it.

Happy New Years to you, Numbers.  Nice to see you posting again! :D  I've missed you.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-31 21:04:57 by Soda » Logged
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: A New Decade! 2020! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024