PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491198 times)
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2020-01-02 00:37:40 »

Oh, I like St. Petersburg's Western Diameter — it's easily the newest road on whole ETS map and really shines. Thankfully, its toll booths doesn't have so narrow passages as booths in Black Sea DLC, which I have bumped several times before getting used to them. Also, St. PB's garage is very profitable — this city contains a lot of expensive cargoes, like in Toulouse on the opposite corner of map, so hired workers often drive between those cities and bring a lot of money after every delivery. Route from Aberdeen to Istanbul can be longer, but only mid-cost cargoes are available.
I like Scandinavia because of long days (in ATS or Italy they are noticeably shorter) which provide more time to admire the scenery, and for its possibility to take more cargo, especially after 1.35, when articulated trailers were allowed in Germany, so you can make very profitable tours. ATS also had similar effect with new DLC's — Oregon brings a bunch of bases, where I can finally try Rocky Mountain and triple trailers, and Utah does the same with Turnpike doubles (in both examples, these trailers were introduced a year before map expansion and had a little use).
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2020-01-02 00:43:10 »

I like Scandinavia because of long days (in ATS or Italy they are noticeably shorter)

I've always wondered if that was true in the ETS world!  I had noticed the nights in the far northern reaches were much brighter at night.  I always thought maybe it was just SCS trying some new things, but I guess it's true they actually went to that level of detail for longer days in the summer!  That is so cool.

I plan to try the new ETS2 DLC tomorrow.  I will let you know... but I got a long drive from Finland to get there, lol.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2020-01-02 00:43:45 »

And just as a fun question...

What are everyone's most profitable garages in ATS and ETS2?
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2020-01-02 01:15:19 »

I would definately say of all the DLC so far for ATS, Washington has been my favorite, followed by Oregon.  Utah was a little... meh to me. 

I think Washington did the best with nature and a good balance of road types as you mentioned.  I also think it hands down did the best job with urban/city driving with the best designs for towns and has some of the most impressive scenery to date, especially driving into Seattle or over some mountain passes.

Agreed on almost all points.  Washington and Oregon are by far the best DLC's SCS has made as a whole.  But lets not forget they can only do what they are given.  Utah has some stunning scenery, but overall it's a less populated state with less to see then the God kissed regions of Washington and Oregon.

Same can be said about ETS2.  Some countries are just blessed with more to see than others. 

But what is exciting about ETS2 is how they are going to go back and update locations.  Something they have already been doing to ATS but never publicized it.  Both are great games, but as a whole, ATS is the more developed game.  I know people will disagree and get angry... but ATS team has led the charge with implementing new ideas and programs into the game.  ETS2 has simply copied it over to their game.  The ATS map team has done a better job overall and has been able to pack more detail per mile.  The ATS team came up with detours, unique events, improved lighting, more rural roads, and other things.  Two place were ATS has lacked compared ETS2 is the amount of trucks (though ATS is supposedly getting at least 2 new trucks in 2020 as hinted by Cathoo and Pavel) and the types and variety of cargo you can hall.

Both games are brilliant and fun, and this upcoming year they have a lot coming.  They do plan to have players be able to move around the cabin and possible GET OUT OF THE TRUCK to some degree.  We will see what happens. :)  Also Idaho DLC is coming up next for ATS and Spain/Portugal for ETS2.  Though not official, that's what's been hinted.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2020-01-02 01:47:23 »

Well, I think it's obvious why ATS is leading — it is smaller, so making changes is easier.
I hope I'll get Cascadia soon. Maybe it will not be my favorite, but it HAS to be in a game since it's a top selling model. And Spain is a most long-awaited expansion for me — I hoped to drive there in 2018, then in 2019, and finally it has been announced.
What are everyone's most profitable garages in ATS and ETS2?
In ETS2, aside from forementioned by me, before 1.33 they were located at southwest corner of France.
In ATS (before adding ownable trailers) high-profitable garages were in cities with Chemso and Bitumen companies, later — Salem and Colville with dynamite and Santa Fe plus Wenatchee with TV sets.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-02 01:49:37 by timmelon » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2020-01-02 14:34:06 »

I have to go look, but I think off memory my most successful garages are in Harve and Gothenburg.

For ATS, I believe it was Phoenix, Sacramento, Eugene, and Olympia, and Wenatchee.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2020-01-02 21:04:18 »

My garages making the most money are in the following order.  I realize I have some weird places, lol. It was all part of the plan.  There are large portions of the map I have yet to explore including southern France and part of eastern Europe.  I am also lacking large areas where I don't have garages because the areas don't interest me as much to drive on.  Some of the older locations in ETS2 for example, I didn't care for the highways all looking similar, so I avoid those areas.

ATS

Spokane
Olympia
Sacramento
Phoenix
Wenatchee
Portland
Los Angeles
Eugene
Bend
Reno
San Francisco

ETS2

Le Harve
Felixstowe
Roscoff
Gdansk
Karlskrona
Stavanger
Bern
Ancona
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2020-01-03 12:37:22 »

Mmmm... I just love the garage's location in Istanbul.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-03 12:37:44 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: 2020-01-03 14:53:22 »

I think that would honestly drive me mad!  ^ Lol.

I always want the easiest access possible and it has to be almost across the street from a repair shop or I don't buy it, lol.
Tüsszent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2020-01-05 22:38:33 »

I really like ETS2 and ATS.  Both are great games.  I personally like the world design of ATS better, but I love ETS2 because I've played it longer.  I've played since ETS.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: 2020-01-07 15:29:00 »

I love how much of Europe you can drive in with ETS2.  It's amazing how much they've covered.  I'm hoping for Spain and Greece next... and someday maybe a bit more of Russia for further north Scandanavia.  Would also love to see old country's fixed up to be more enjoyable to drive on.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2020-01-07 23:53:31 »

Would also love to see old country's fixed up to be more enjoyable to drive on.
Fun fact: between patches 1.26 and 1.32 I often heard of gamers who drive only on DLC's territory and tried not to go to Germany, so they waited for rebuilding of older parts of the map more than for its expansion. And generally, between the release of Scandinavia and coming out of Heavy Cargo Pack there were a sort of dork ages, when all add-ons and changes seemed to be unnessesary. But then came Summer'17... It was so good than gamers even stopped to call developers as SCS SoftWait.

Speaking of older truck simulators, I still can't forget a fairly popular Russian game — «Hard Truck 2: King of the road». It came out a year earlier than a first SCS trucking game, and was more fun to play. Of course, 18WoS had more realistic roads and huge variety of trailers, but too repetitive gameplay made it a kinda boring. HT2: KoTR contained truck racing circuit, more aggressive police, mafia, and a heavy metal soundtrack.
Now it can't give much of simulation and has many facepalm-worthy moments, but some people still enjoying this game, even GOG added HT2 to its library last summer.

Softlab-Nsk, the developer of HT2, later released one more game named «Rig'N'Roll»:
It came out in 2009, and could be a nice competitor to SCS's Haulin' or ALH, but because of troubled production it contained a lot of bugs and was poorly optimised. Rig'N'Roll took a lesser popularity than its predcessor, and eventually Softlab-Nsk leaved the game development business.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-08 01:30:25 by timmelon » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2020-01-09 20:24:22 »

I love your Eastern European touch on everything. ;D  Thanks for sharing these.  Never heard of either one.   But I like the girl on the image for Rig'N'Roll.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2020-01-09 22:01:25 »

But I like the girl on the image for Rig'N'Roll.
I think Softlab had wasted too much efforts into ability of taking the passengers like these girls and getting out of the truck — GTA-like games will do it better anyway. It's like animated talking heads in first Fallout game — cool, but unnessesary.
This is what I like in SCS's approach to adding of new features — they prefer quality over quantity, even if development lasts too long.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-09 22:05:18 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2020-01-10 13:48:17 »

I've always wondered if Rig 'n' Roll was worth buying....
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024